TNF: Jets vs Browns GDT The Battle of the light weights.

Kiwibrown

Who do you have?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Browns vs Jets

2. 2. How many Ints for Darnold?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

When you're the team traveling, sure it does. With that said , that wasn't the reason they lost. 

I mean it’s an hour and a half flight on a private jet and staying in a nice hotel.  

It’s not like they all packed into a bus and stayed at Marge’s Roadside Motel, four guys to a room.

A lot of folks spend more time in traffic commuting to work each day than the Jets did flying in for this game.  And when I say flying, what I mean is sitting in a comfy seat in a private jet watching Netflix. They didn’t even change time zones.

Am I the only person tired of these coaches constantly delaying the inevitable? Every year they preach how they're going to sit the rookie for some below average vet, only for the rookie to take over the first quarter of the season. This year is no different.

Hue Jackson waiting to put Baker in is most likely the difference between a 3-0 start and their current 1-1-1 start.

17 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Am I the only person tired of these coaches constantly delaying the inevitable? Every year they preach how they're going to sit the rookie for some below average vet, only for the rookie to take over the first quarter of the season. This year is no different.

Hue Jackson waiting to put Baker in is most likely the difference between a 3-0 start and their current 1-1-1 start.

Hue Jackson sucks. Might be a good coordinator but should be replaced as Head Coach after the season. He was so annoying on Hard Knocks.

26 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Fair enough. But two things - to act like it was solely Jackson's decision to sit Mayfield for as long as possibly his rookie year is putting too much of the onus on Jackson and not enough on John Dorsey. I'm sure they were on the same page the entire offseason. 

At the same time we also need to remember this team is a kicker away from being 3-0.

6 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Oh, and can we all please just get off Cleveland's back for the Denzel Ward pick????  The guy looks fantastic and the Browns had NO corners on the roster!  Who cares about Bradley Chubb when you already got Garrett and Oglachobyiyoo--or however you spell his name???  They needed a CB and they picked the BEST one in the draft.  People need to stop laughing at the Browns' draft and look closer; they got the best QB, the best CB (for THEM), one of the best RB's, and one of the best WR's (albeit with a caveat of whether or not he's another Josh Gordon).  I think the Browns have had very strong drafts for the last two years and I'd be shocked if they aren't in the playoffs within the next couple years.

Also add Genard Avery from this class who is a significant contributor on Defense as well as Desmond Harrison who is blossoming nicely at LT who came as an UDFA

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

To  be fair, I think Amos Jones has just as much to do with the current record given we ended up having to tie Pittsburgh because of a blocked kick to win the game, Lost to the Saints because we left 10 points off the board because of missed field goals, and even had a punt blocked this game.

- Also Kudos to my favorite Browns coach maybe of all time, Gregg Williams, his defense is rolling

- Also, it was so odd seeing competent QB play, I was saying to myself, is this real?

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

That and inept special teams. As bad as Tyrod has been, he gave us a chance in the final minutes last week. Not his fault our kicker had a breakdown with three missed FGs and two extra points missed.

With that said, IT'S BAKER MAYFIELD TIME!

25 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Wait a few weeks

Meh, I don't really have to. The roster is talented and balanced. All they lacked was a captain to grab the wheel. Mayfield will have his rookie lumps like every rookie QB, but I don't see him falling off. He's going to be really good. Right now the AFCN is a dogfight with or without Cleveland; there is no standout currently. They just made things a hell of a lot more interesting. 

Although their kicker is a huge weakness and will lose them some games.

Archived