2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

11 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

But that's also a guy that 2 years later, the staff believes is nothing more than a good rotational piece and are expected to try and upgrade this offseason. 

Still the Current #1 on the roster.

There have been only 2 players in this Shanahan 49ers era offense who have been absolute game changers consistently and thats George Kittle this past year, and Goodwin the year prior (2018 was spent nursing an injury).  As a low risk high reward guy Conley has as much upside as Goodwin, thats all i'm saying. Yes, its a different skillset clearly, but Conley everytime I watch him play he has a big impact. Last year was year 1 coming off a ruptured achilles. 

Saw that Houston talk, obviously I’d rather wait till he was cut but we can trade say a couple of low end draft picks for hi and adjust his cap number with a contract extension I’d be down just to make sure we get him. Could extend his career as well by leaving Solly at LEO on base downs and bring Houston in on obvious passing downs. 

Trae Waynes is also on the trading block for whatever reason. He’s in his 5th year option but depending on what his price tag is I’d love to add him in front of Witherspoon and Moore and eventually replace Sherman as our CB 1

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Saw that Houston talk, obviously I’d rather wait till he was cut but we can trade say a couple of low end draft picks for hi and adjust his cap number with a contract extension I’d be down just to make sure we get him. Could extend his career as well by leaving Solly at LEO on base downs and bring Houston in on obvious passing downs. 

Trae Waynes is also on the trading block for whatever reason. He’s in his 5th year option but depending on what his price tag is I’d love to add him in front of Witherspoon and Moore and eventually replace Sherman as our CB 1

Our scheme should fit well enough for Waynes, though I remember several of us not being a fan when he came out (if I remember right, J in particular was not a fan, and he's largely been proven right). I think I could get behind an armstead for Waynes swap. Would work well for both teams. We would be dealing from a position of depth, adding another corner who should fit in well and give us better depth at corner, while armstead could probably find the void left by Richardson to some degree for the Vikings, especially since I envision it being hard to re-sign him

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Our scheme should fit well enough for Waynes, though I remember several of us not being a fan when he came out (if I remember right, J in particular was not a fan, and he's largely been proven right). I think I could get behind an armstead for Waynes swap. Would work well for both teams. We would be dealing from a position of depth, adding another corner who should fit in well and give us better depth at corner, while armstead could probably find the void left by Richardson to some degree for the Vikings, especially since I envision it being hard to re-sign him

I definitely wasn't a fan...still not in all honesty. But he's a decent #2 CB I suppose for the right price. 

20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

No surprise here as we had interest in him at the trade deadline

I still hope we go after Preston Smith personally. I haven’t really been too impressed with Fowler thus far in his career and I feel like he is going to get PAID. I won’t be mad if we take a shot on him as long as we don’t get ourselves into a contract we can’t get out of.

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I still hope we go after Preston Smith personally. I haven’t really been too impressed with Fowler thus far in his career and I feel like he is going to get PAID. I won’t be mad if we take a shot on him as long as we don’t get ourselves into a contract we can’t get out of.

My opinion as well. I like Fowler just fine...definitely a risk / reward guy ...but I don't think I like him enough to warrant the kind of payday I think that he's going to get. I could be completely wrong on the money, but I think he's getting paid. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

My opinion as well. I like Fowler just fine...definitely a risk / reward guy ...but I don't think I like him enough to warrant the kind of payday I think that he's going to get. I could be completely wrong on the money, but I think he's getting paid. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we do sign him his contract looks big but easily able to get out of it in a year or so like McKinnon.

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He hedged it by saying he didn't personally contact them and he isn't aware of any calls made to Pittsburgh. Besides, no need to call yet if they are interested as they can check the market and see what other teams are offering.

What does the last 20 years have to do with now? In recent times they have drafted some studs and now have to pay them. That is all. 

He said we didn't call, but he didn't say anything about emailing them. Or faxing them. Maybe they sent a messenger.

Archived