1. 1. Who is it?

• Amos Jones
    • Hornby
    • Antonio Callaway
    • The Referees
    • Evil Kermit
    • Other (please specify)

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would like to see what Joseph does now with that monkey off his back. He has a game winner on his belt. That pressure is gone. His missed 50+ yarded has some great league on it but he was just wide. 

Yeah the leg is there, just need to see if he can learn to harness it a bit.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dorsey lookin like he’s got a whole pack of Big League Chew in his mouth ffs. What a goober ? 

When I was coaching, I'd end up finishing games with two of those 15 packs of extra bubble gum in my mouth.  Chewed the heck out of it.  One of my prized possessions is a photo of me blowing a bubble during our 1999 state championship game (we won), while fixing a clasp on a helmet.  

IMG-1418_zps2j7iaazq.jpg

Hanging on the wall right behind my desk in my classroom.    (I blurred myself, as well as my school out, so you can't identify me.  (Not that you'd want to.)

18 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And I keep hearing everyone talk about the no call on the illegal contact down field but wtf was baker doing there? Prime randy moss wouldn’t have caught up to that ball. That’s a terrible play call on 4th down. 

Kinda hard to say what would have happened when the WR is on their butt long before the ball hit the ground.

I love the stones on Baker to throw deep tbh. Make them guard the whole damned field every down.

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

The talent is there with Callaway and Njoku, but they aren't plus players yet.  Landry and Higgins have the hands but don't separate well from man coverage.  It is a bit harsh to say they are very bad but they aren't playing well yet.  Like you said, we are missing a #1 guy.

Encouraging game by Njoku though.

The offense is missing a Josh Gordon sized hole. It makes me sick.

But, I LOVE this team!!!! Go Browns.

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kinda hard to say what would have happened when the WR is on their butt long before the ball hit the ground.

I love the stones on Baker to throw deep tbh. Make them guard the whole damned field every down.

Idk man that pass looked way off. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And I keep hearing everyone talk about the no call on the illegal contact down field but wtf was baker doing there? Prime randy moss wouldn’t have caught up to that ball. That’s a terrible play call on 4th down. 

Watching it live at the time I thought Baker got tricked and thought they were playing press man but the corner bailed late.

I think Mayfield decided before the play when he saw the corner come down that he had a 1 on 1 and predetermined he was going for the big ball.

Rookie error with predetermining where the ball is going to go regardless is a fairly common mistake and I think that was the case with Baker there. Might be wrong though, that was just my thoughts as it unfolded in real time.

Most of my posts are gonna be positive after this nice win, but I gotta vent about two things:

1. Landry HAS to get out of bounds at the end of regulation.  Wasted a solid 15 seconds, and a down.  I love him to death, but that was a giant blunder.

2. Hue (or someone) HAS to call a timeout at the end of overtime (after Duke's 15-yard run).  We could've made it an easier FG for Joseph with semi-competent time management.  I was losing my mind in the stands lol.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Idk man that pass looked way off. 

I disagree. If you extrapolate time and distance I think it would have been pretty close. A little long maybe but close. Regardless I don’t think it was a horrific call. 

Archived