Are the Falcons cursed?

freeman+coleman

They are just unlucky. There was a stat in college football that Auburn only lost 2 games when leading by 10+pts heading into the 4th quarter. Both those losses came to LSU. Like certain teams are just unlucky and you just cant explain it. In the case of the Falcons they are unlucky. 

Not only are the Falcons cursed, they're one of the top 3-4 cursed teams of all time.  I would put Cleveland, Minnesota, and arguably Cincinnati over them (before last year, I would have included the Eagles in this group, but they won the Super Bowl).  For most of their history, the Falcons were closer to a bad franchise (such as the Cardinals and the Lions) rather than a snake bitten franchise, but it's more than safe to say that after the last decade, the Falcons are without a doubt cursed

The Super Bowl is in Atlanta this year. Yes, they're cursed. It took me until a couple weeks ago to remember. They're also missing something like 5 starters on defense right now. They'll end up 7-9ish this year, and they'll be back to contending next year.

Archived