2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

38 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

The Mets are apparently really considering trading Noah Syndergaard, so they can fill multiple holes. Not sure how I feel about that.

Given his age and team control, you would think deGrom would be the one being shopped.

3 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

The Dodgers could send 3 MLB ready starters and Puig to the Mets for DeGrom and be fine.  I don't think Noah would get that.

Dodgers could probably do Buehler, Verdugo, and Taylor and get it done. Maybe throw in another prospect like May.

deGrom, Kershaw, Stripling, Hill, Wood, Urias

Barnes/Ruiz, Muncy, ?, Turner, Seager, Bellinger, Pederson, Puig....Kemp, Freese

4 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Dodgers could probably do Buehler, Verdugo, and Taylor and get it done. Maybe throw in another prospect like May.

deGrom, Kershaw, Stripling, Hill, Wood, Urias

Barnes/Ruiz, Muncy, ?, Turner, Seager, Bellinger, Pederson, Puig....Kemp, Freese

Sounds like another L is the series.

Two things reported recently, M's looking to move Segura and Leake.

Im not a fan of moving Segura. Hard to find that level of production at the SS position. If Seattle is shooting for 2020,2021, then they should keep Segura. His contract is pretty ok too. What kind of package could you expect anyway, above average Bullpen arm and a AAAA platoon player?

Moving Leake would be fine I guess. His value is probably at it highest. That being said, moving Leake would leave the rotation reliant on two soft tossing lefties [Gonzalez, LeBlanc] as its anchors. NOT ideal. 

9 hours ago, animaltested said:

Moving Leake would be fine I guess. His value is probably at it highest. That being said, moving Leake would leave the rotation reliant on two soft tossing lefties [Gonzalez, LeBlanc] as its anchors. NOT ideal. 

The M's are going to compete for worst rotation in baseball next year regardless. If we can dump Leake and get 11 million off the books in 2020 that should take priority over 2019. 

I agree on Segura. Unless we're getting a good piece back we may as well hold onto him. We have no SS coming through the system, and he should provide surplus value on his deal. 

If the M's are looking to 2020/2021 they should be focused on dumping Leake and Gordon. With Felix and Nicasio coming off the books next year we'll be in decent shape contract wise. 

13 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

I'm really not sure why the Mets aren't looking to blow it up...isn't their farm system pretty meh too?  They're not good enough to compete now or in the next 2-3 years are they?  Also not willing to sign a couple big contracts right?  

Mets are full of young cost controlled talent at the major league level or close enough too it and don't have any bad money on the books past 2020. This is their window.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Mets are full of young cost controlled talent at the major league level or close enough too it and don't have any bad money on the books past 2020. This is their window.

Just do us all a favor and call up Peter Alonso.

Archived