Stock Investing

rickyt31

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.  For long term investors who keep pumping money into their IRA/401k and stock portfolios over the next 6-12 months, they’ll likely do very well in the long term on that.

This is me. fingers crossed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Was smart enough to sell off the stock i bought in Norwegian before it started to go back down again. Nice little profit of that. Cruise lines not getting aid from the stimulus bill really hurt them.

Not even mad about it.  Ask the countries whose flags you sail under for aid iyam.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Was smart enough to sell off the stock i bought in Norwegian before it started to go back down again. Nice little profit of that. Cruise lines not getting aid from the stimulus bill really hurt them.

I don't think Norwegian is going to be doing very well in the near future, lying to customers isn't the winning strategy in a crisis.
I hope this sinks them for a very long time

https://www.newsweek.com/norwegian-cruise-lines-leaked-emails-show-company-urging-employees-lie-about-coronavirus-1491777

"The coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise," one part of an email reads. "Scientists and medical professionals have confirmed that the warm weather of the spring will be the end of the Coronavirus."

"Mr Becker, due to the coronavirus we have cancelled all of our Asia cruises on the Norwegian Spirit," the email reads. "This has caused a huge surge in demand for all of our other itineraries. I suggest we secure your reservation today to avoid you paying more tomorrow."

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't think Norwegian is going to be doing very well in the near future, lying to customers isn't the winning strategy in a crisis.
I hope this sinks them for a very long time

https://www.newsweek.com/norwegian-cruise-lines-leaked-emails-show-company-urging-employees-lie-about-coronavirus-1491777

"The coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise," one part of an email reads. "Scientists and medical professionals have confirmed that the warm weather of the spring will be the end of the Coronavirus."

"Mr Becker, due to the coronavirus we have cancelled all of our Asia cruises on the Norwegian Spirit," the email reads. "This has caused a huge surge in demand for all of our other itineraries. I suggest we secure your reservation today to avoid you paying more tomorrow."

Gross...

• Like 1

So I've worked in industrial chemical manufacturing for over 10 years. I decided to look at at the last 5 years of DOW and Bayer. Both have lost half or better of their value in the last year. Syngenta (a Chinese company) Has increased steadily from 65 to 92 since its low in late 2015. I think there is real value to be had in these companies.

• Like 2

Question for anyone with formal day trading training or experience

I found this on udemy. Price isn't bad, and the reviews are 50/50. I'm looking for some online courses that won't kill my bank account.

Can anyone tell me if this is a solid starting point, or a waste of time?

https://www.udemy.com/course/foundation-course/

Edited by twslhs20