Raiders shopping Amari Cooper, Karl Joseph

BayRaider

34 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

yep any place where a coach schemes for his players he has and not for the players he wants..he'd do well at.

Bills would be a good place for him in the off season, he’d be clear cut number one receiver and a target hog if Allen could get protection. Right now he wouldn’t do anything but we definitely need receivers too.

As far as Joseph I would be willing to throw a 7th and a conditional 6th for 2020 to try him out. Donatell has done great work and if he can become a solid depth safety then it was a 7th  and 6th well spent. If not then we only have his last year with his 1st round wage to pay, and we lose on a 7th that usually ends up on the practice squad anyway. I honestly haven't watched him much in OAK, but really liked hi pre-draft. Seems everyone has been pretty down on his play, so between that, him being there for only one more year, and being on a 1st round scale for that year there won't even be a 5th round value for him IMO.

dumbest rebuild in history, playing old guys, shooping the couple of good young players on the roster, and some Raiders fans thinks is fine, smh.

He build this roster, and is trying to sold every good piece that was already in place for no reason, that's stupid and Mack's trade looks more stupid every day. 

9 more years of this ****.

35 minutes ago, raiders90 said:

dumbest rebuild in history, playing old guys, shooping the couple of good young players on the roster, and some Raiders fans thinks is fine, smh.

He build this roster, and is trying to sold every good piece that was already in place for no reason, that's stupid and Mack's trade looks more stupid every day. 

9 more years of this ****.

I get the frustration but to say this trade looks dumber every day...we scored 3 points yesterday. If anything it proved how far off we are. Mack and the Bears gave up 31 off a bye to Osweiler...

If anything this today/yesterday was the most promising sign that we have had that moving Mack was a reasonable move. 

Every other aspect about Gruden's vet philosophy and offensive incompetence is 100% valid. 

I'm not super interested in Amari Cooper on the Packers.. the drops worry me. Not sure I want to give up a 2nd for 1 year. I think next year 2 of the rookies will be ready to take on more playing time, and with Cobb likely gone or at a reduced salary, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. We already have a $15m WR

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

As predicted Gruden is tearing apart an already good roster and making it worse.  I would be pretty upset if I were a Raiders fan.

Good roster? We probably had the 2nd worst roster in the NFL heading into the season behind Indy. People just don’t follow the Raiders closely, see Carr, Mack, Cooper (extremely overrated), and see 12-4 two years ago and are like “good roster!!”. 

56 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

As predicted Gruden is tearing apart an already good roster and making it worse.  I would be pretty upset if I were a Raiders fan.

Yes and no personally. Yes, emotionally.... I want W's. I'm tired of the "under construction Raiders". Logically, less upset with one caveat (explained later)

I think the roster was pretty much garbage. Mack was the only true star talent. The defense with him, wasn't very good. Secondary and LBs have been awful for years. There was no pass rush outside of him. Reggie McKenzie has failed miserably to acquire talent in the draft. Missing on several high draft picks getting cute with high upside potential picks.

On offense, despite spending a lot of money on the interior Oline, the tackles spots were going to be an issue. McKenzie failed miserably at several attempt to find a RT including draft and FA. Penn has been on his last legs for a while now. The skills, outside the inconsistent Cooper have been so so.

We were all blinded by a fluky 12-4 season if 2016 against a soft schedule and a lot of last second wins. But the team wasn't as good as the record showed. Defense was and remains, miserable. Carr's injury and subsequent crashing to earth amid pressure has sunk the offense. 

So that caveat.... I get the need/want to blow up the roster. It sucked and needed overhauled. But is Gruden the guy for that job? That is a clear cut no. And that's the issue. You want to rebuild, that's fine, but you want Gruden who is a failed GM to rebuild it.... just dumb. He's already been worked in trade. And he's doing Gruden stuff in favoring a rebuild with mismatched aging parts that don't add up to much of anything. 

Archived