2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Think I am gonna have this dude top 10 when it's done.

I dont' expect him to fall that far, but it's quotes like this from him that have me believing he's at the top, or damn near the top, of McVay's preferred picks that might be available when the Rams pick.  These kind of cerebral players are like crack to him.

• Like 1

Question - what am I missing on Yodny Cajuste? Seems like he was a fringe 1st round guy a month or so ago, now nobody is talking about him (not that I've seen at least). I think he had a knee injury a while back? What else is there that's causing him to fall in the eyes of people?

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

I dont' expect him to fall that far, but it's quotes like this from him that have me believing he's at the top, or damn near the top, of McVay's preferred picks that might be available when the Rams pick.  These kind of cerebral players are like crack to him.

I don't get the same feeling. I do think he values cerebral players, but I don't get the sense they feel the need to go OL early. Kromer's specialty through his career has been developing mid-round picks.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Question - what am I missing on Yodny Cajuste? Seems like he was a fringe 1st round guy a month or so ago, now nobody is talking about him (not that I've seen at least). I think he had a knee injury a while back? What else is there that's causing him to fall in the eyes of people?

His first name is problematic.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

His side gig is basketball but he doesn't play with  that level of agility on the gridiron. Works out better than he plays. Needs tech work all over. Might need to do some gymnasium work.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:47 AM, goldfishwars said:

Think I am gonna have this dude top 10 when it's done.

The dude is a stud. I remember when he was projected as a 7th round pick. He was my top rated C in the draft the second Tyler Biadasz returned to Wisconsin. The dude has skyrocketed and rightfully so. I wonder why people were late to the party with Bradbury. 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2019 at 8:38 AM, ET80 said:

Thoughts on Kaleb McGary? John McClain in Houston is enamored by him, and the box score scouting says he held his own at the combine...

I think he's a potentially really solid RT for a long time.  He's never going to be a top guy and he's going to get beat by top edge guys who run off that side who have the speed and length to make problems for him.  But he's one of those tough dudes who is going to fight hard to beat that and if he lands in a more road-grader friendly offense...he could be pretty darn good.

The thing with him that i struggle with is...if he's not able to hack it at RT...he'll have to kick inside.  And despite his demeanor and play style being perfect for it...i'm not sure about 6'7" Guards in general.  It's not ideal, having that much height inside.  That's a lot of leverage to give up.

On 15/03/2019 at 1:22 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

Is the Tytus Howard hype deserved? Or is it just because he is big and has long arms lol

I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to these "ball of clay" projects from the lesser leagues...but Tytus Howard has some really legit traits that could make him a good NFLer.  

On 16/03/2019 at 9:41 AM, BleedTheClock said:

I like him. He's going to have a major adjustment period, but it's not just the long arms. He's excellent physically and has power in his fists and mirroring speed with his feet. He effortlessly moves to the second level when asked to do that as well. He is raw as can be, but there is IMMENSE talent there.

Exactly this.  These lesser conference Tackle types, it often seems like people are mining for diamonds in the dirt.  "This guy's got long arms...maybe he'll be good!!!"  etc.  But Tytus does actually seem to have some natural aptitude for the position.  Big project though.

If the past 2-3 drafts taught us anything, its that there is a serious need for offensive line in the NFL. The fact that these below average tackles are making 7 million a year should tell you all you need to know. Supply and Demand. I would bet there is a serious run at offensive line in the first round. Mark me down for at least 7 prospects in the 1st, maybe 8.

Jonah Williams

Jawaan Taylor

Cody Ford

Andre Dillard

Dalton Risner

Greg Little

Chris Lindstrom

Garrett Bradbury

Edited by johndeere1707
  • Like 2