Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Drove 30 minutes towards work and got a phone call that buses of rioters from Columbus were heading to Wheeling to vandalize the city and was told to turn around and go home.

They will be disappointed if they plan on looting from the homeless capital of the country, I don't know what they expect to loot from Wheeling but it certainly isn't going to be worth the risk. We aren't San Diego.

Have you seen them burning homeless people’s belongings and beating homeless people in wheelchairs? 

32 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Have you seen them burning homeless people’s belongings and beating homeless people in wheelchairs? 

I haven't, but I am on call for boarding up broken window/doors (if that occurs) to any of our 6 buildings in Wheeling. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. I suspect some of the homeless would just partake in the event if there was looting.

On 5/31/2020 at 8:30 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Come on you guys stop the politics. One of the reasons I love this place. It’s a safe haven from political peacocking. This is our sexist oasis he-man gathering place to talk sports and other nonessential crap that is pretty much a waste of time, but needed. Come on we are months involved in social distancing, wearing masks that piss us off, not allowed to squeeze our veggies to see if they’re ripe, some literally alone that haven’t touched another human being, some that don’t care to be around other people, that realize they actually need people, children that are confused that need actual adults for comfort, people that are unemployed for a couple months that don’t know where their next meal is coming from, baseball players and owners that know where their next meal is coming from that are concerned about what?, the doctors and nurses that have tried to help where they can, as much hate as they get the police officers that despite their unequal pay legitimately try to keep us safe, lastly our poor children that don’t give a damn about political affiliations and just want to feel safe and get along with their playmates. 

It’s really not that hard. 

No it's not.  This forum is run by politics.  It's just getting edgy because two sides are actually talking for once, not just one.

1000% serious.

But that's all I'll add because there are enough idiotic comments as is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

No it's not.  This forum is run by politics.  It's just getting edgy because two sides are actually talking for once, not just one.

1000% serious.

But that's all I'll add because there are enough idiotic comments as is.

👀 💊 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

Recently learned that the self-inflicted "gun shot wound" death of an aquaintance/client was a "shot gun" wound.

Guess he did not leave much doubt.

I actually took care of a lady who took a shotgun to her face.  Blew half her face off and could see her maxillary sinuses.

Was sedated for weeks and when we woke her up and she realized she was still alive she started crying hysterically.  

I’ll never forget that.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I actually took care of a lady who took a shotgun to her face.  Blew half her face off and could see her maxillary sinuses.

Was sedated for weeks and when we woke her up and she realized she was still alive she started crying hysterically.  

I’ll never forget that.

Suicides are the absolute worst.

edit: meant to respond to the other post

Edited by pnies20

I don’t know how first responders do it. 

Like I’ve been to areas that were hit by tornados and hurricanes, but it’s usually like what you see on TV where it’s usually just literal crap everywhere on the ground. It’s obviously kind of weird if you’re not used to it. Just imagine your entire neighborhood surrounded by 3-4 feet of water or entire homes flattened.

Usually by the time I arrive, most victims bodies are recovered. However, I have seen some gross stuff when massive flooding occurs in a area. Mainly just dead animals, but you’ll see floaters depending on the area you’re in.

Hurricane Harvey was the worst I’d ever seen.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t know how first responders do it. 

Like I’ve been to areas that were hit by tornados and hurricanes, but it’s usually like what you see on TV where it’s usually just literal crap everywhere on the ground. It’s obviously kind of weird if you’re not used to it. Just imagine your entire neighborhood surrounded by 3-4 feet of water or entire homes flattened.

Usually by the time I arrive, most victims bodies are recovered. However, I have seen some gross stuff when massive flooding occurs in a area. Mainly just dead animals, but you’ll see floaters depending on the area you’re in.

Hurricane Harvey was the worst I’d ever seen.

We had an inmate hang himself last month in my jail, one of the worst things I’ve ever seen did compressions on him for 45 minutes on and off when the paramedics got there they freaking tubed him wrong it didn’t matter anyways because he was gone when he was found anyways

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

We had an inmate hang himself last month in my jail, one of the worst things I’ve ever seen did compressions on him for 45 minutes on and off when the paramedics got there they freaking tubed him wrong it didn’t matter anyways because he was gone when he was found anyways

I hate futile CPR. No good for anyone.

• Like 1