Giants trade Eli Apple to Saints

49erurtaza

Whenever these trades happen, I always ask the question "Is X a better prospect than someone in the {insert pick given} next year?". So in this case, is Eli Apple, with 3 years of pro-tape on him, a better prospect than a CB coming out in the 4th next year? Yeah, probably. Same for Amari Cooper, he's probably as good, if not better than any WR going in the 10-17 range next year. So pull the trigger while they're still young and on rookie deals with untapped potential.

So, one less team looking for Patrick Peterson...

I like the trade for New Orleans, a young and talented Buckeye who can pair with another Buckeye in Marshawn Lattimore and create a really strong duo for several years. Compensation is next to nothing as well.

This trade to me seem pretty much one sided in the Saints favor. The Saints are  getting  a decent #2 QB that is still on his rookie contract.  Giants still have to take on  2.3 million in dead money next year from Eli. The secondary is already a weakness for the Giants and now they just traded their #2 CB?

Another genius Gettleman move.

16 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

This trade to me seem pretty much one sided in the Saints favor. The Saints are  getting  a decent #2 QB that is still on his rookie contract.  Giants still have to take on  2.3 million in dead money next year from Eli. The secondary is already a weakness for the Giants and now they just traded their #2 CB?

Another genius Gettleman move.

Wasn't Apple the Locker room Cancer with other players they were referring too last season? If so it obviously didn't get any better this year. Hence the "lets get him out of the building type trade"!!

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wasn't Apple the Locker room Cancer with other players they were referring too last season? If so it obviously didn't get any better this year. Hence the "lets get him out of the building type trade"!!

Key word is last season. If this trade was done last season that would have made sense.  He was given a fresh start this season, I have not heard anything about him being a problem in the locker room this season.

Archived