Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Honestly I kind of want to play Dallas in the Super Bowl. They have the biggest franchise in sports... beating them in the Super Bowl would really puts us on the map across the globe. Also would love to hear Skip Bayless and Shannon after that game... “but Skeeeep”, sometimes it’s the little things in life. 😂

I know Forbes etc often state their world-wide brand as part of the reason why they are one of the most valuable franchises in the world but I wouldn't be surprised if how much support they have "across the globe" was over-estimated.  I'm far more likely to see someone wearing Raiders or Pats gear than I am to see Cowboys stuff if I'm visiting the local shopping centre (or as you guys would call it, the mall)

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

A chargers win would have been helpful...

True dat. But perhaps the Chiefs being extra motivated and feeling confident is what will be needed for them to beat the Pats. I never thought the Chargers would win anyway, Rivers throws too many picks. He looks like he should retire. Another year would just further damage his legacy and keep him out of the hall of fame. Unless he’s hoping he can pull a zombie Peyton and hope Derwin James return can spark that defense to elite status.

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

A chargers win would have been helpful...

Had zero faith in the Chargers to do us a solid. Ravens just need to continue to handle their business and control what they can control. The last 6 games has shown me that we can play with anyone, anywhere. With the way the defense has been playing, gentlemen, it is VERY possible that we could run the table during the regular season.

But I'm not getting ahead of myself and will continue with the Harbaugh mantra... "Keep stacking statements". It starts with the Rams in LA on Monday.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

I know Forbes etc often state their world-wide brand as part of the reason why they are one of the most valuable franchises in the world but I wouldn't be surprised if how much support they have "across the globe" was over-estimated.  I'm far more likely to see someone wearing Raiders or Pats gear than I am to see Cowboys stuff if I'm visiting the local shopping centre (or as you guys would call it, the mall)

In Denmark, I think the Cowboys fanbase is incredibly small. I rarely see any who is a cowboys fan. 49'ers, Packers, Patriots, Steelers are the 4 big franchises.

Panthers fans seems like the typical bandwagon fans, because they were only really present during the 2015 season

Chargers is a small fanbase, Cowboys is a small fanbase, not many Saints fans either suprisingly given their succes. 

The rest of the teams a pretty even. 

Yeah i still stand by the fact that that Chiefs win last night could really hurt us in the long run. The Chiefs will be favored in every game the rest of the year outside of @ New England. If they go 11-5 or 12-4 that means we can lose 1 game the rest of the year. Maybe 2. And I just don't see us doing that after already rattling off 6 straight. I think it's almost a guarantee we split between the 2 Cali teams, if not lose both.

Playing in the first round would suck because it would be against a red-hot wildcard team at that point, be it the Browns, Raiders, Steelers, etc., considering we'd most likely be getting the 3 seed and playing the 6 seed.

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah i still stand by the fact that that Chiefs win last night could really hurt us in the long run. The Chiefs will be favored in every game the rest of the year outside of @ New England. If they go 11-5 or 12-4 that means we can lose 1 game the rest of the year. Maybe 2. And I just don't see us doing that after already rattling off 6 straight. I think it's almost a guarantee we split between the 2 Cali teams, if not lose both.

Playing in the first round would suck because it would be against a red-hot wildcard team at that point, be it the Browns, Raiders, Steelers, etc., considering we'd most likely be getting the 3 seed and playing the 6 seed.

I feel like we all keep saying stuff like this because we're so used to those letdown games and us following up a big win with Flacco throwing for 150 yards and 3 picks in a loss. So every win just makes it seem more likely that the trap game was coming. Division rival Cincy after the Pats game? Trap game. Houston coming off a bye? Probably more desperate than we are for the win. Rams have been garbage for 2 months? Means they're due for a big one. But this team is already different than what we've seen before and that the very least, it's absolutely not a guarantee that we split the Rams/Niners games - after beating the Seahawks, Texans, and Pats in the span of 4 weeks, how can we really say that? Under the old rules we were never gonna win all of those, but this isn't the old Ravens. 14-2 is probably a pipedream, but even that's not impossible. And do we think the Chiefs - who lost to Titans and barely escaped a bad Chargers team - are that well set up to run the table here given the injuries they're piling up on offense? Personally I think 12-4 gets us that bye. 

We're watching over our backs at KC talking about holding on to the 2 seed but the reality is the Pats are just as much looking at us and talking about how they maybe can't afford to drop more than 1 game from here on out because we can grab home field advantage from them. 

That said, the pessimism is baked into me as well so of course I'm terrified about this Rams primetime game. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I feel like we all keep saying stuff like this because we're so used to those letdown games and us following up a big win with Flacco throwing for 150 yards and 3 picks in a loss. So every win just makes it seem more likely that the trap game was coming. Division rival Cincy after the Pats game? Trap game. Houston coming off a bye? Probably more desperate than we are for the win. Rams have been garbage for 2 months? Means they're due for a big one. But this team is already different than what we've seen before and that the very least, it's absolutely not a guarantee that we split the Rams/Niners games - after beating the Seahawks, Texans, and Pats in the span of 4 weeks, how can we really say that? Under the old rules we were never gonna win all of those, but this isn't the old Ravens. 14-2 is probably a pipedream, but even that's not impossible. And do we think the Chiefs - who lost to Titans and barely escaped a bad Chargers team - are that well set up to run the table here given the injuries they're piling up on offense? Personally I think 12-4 gets us that bye. 

We're watching over our backs at KC talking about holding on to the 2 seed but the reality is the Pats are just as much looking at us and talking about how they maybe can't afford to drop more than 1 game from here on out because we can grab home field advantage from them. 

That said, the pessimism is baked into me as well so of course I'm terrified about this Rams primetime game. 

Those are all really great points that I agree with 100%, and that I've actually been feeling myself somewhat as of late. But it's almost like I'm scared to verbalize that because then, somehow, that will materialize into the let-down scenario actually happening.

Because we all know what we say as fans has an impact on the game, lol.

But yeah, Lamar is the kind of guy whose play just lends itself to consistency every week - at least from a total offense standpoint. With his skill set, even his "off" days might very well lead us to a 20-23ish point day. Which is crazy to say given our history, obviously.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

32 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Those are all really great points that I agree with 100%, and that I've actually been feeling myself somewhat as of late. But it's almost like I'm scared to verbalize that because then, somehow, that will materialize into the let-down scenario actually happening.

Because we all know what we say as fans has an impact on the game, lol.

But yeah, Lamar is the kind of guy whose play just lends itself to consistency every week - at least from a total offense standpoint. With his skill set, even his "off" days might very well lead us to a 20-23ish point day. Which is crazy to say given our history, obviously.

FWIW, Joe only ever had one game in his career where he threw for at least 3INT and less than 150 yards (2009).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200912070gnb.htm

Edited by sp6488

Lol you know what I meant. I still have this game - one week after that incredible beatdown of Pittsburgh - burned into my memory: 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201109180oti.htm

And more recently, the OT loss to the Bears 2 years ago and the loss in Cleveland last year one week after the primetime win at Pittsburgh were good examples of how hard a time this team always had bringing the same intensity on a week-to-week basis and how routinely we got in our own way/interrupted our own momentum. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 2

not sure what everybody sees in the Chiefs atm. They are clearly struggling and far from the offensive juggernaut theyve been early in the season.

Mahomes still hurting, Hill hurt again. I can't see them winning out, in fact i'd put money on the Raiders giving them a run for the division. They are getting hot at the right time.

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Lol you know what I meant. I still have this game - one week after that incredible beatdown of Pittsburgh - burned into my memory: 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201109180oti.htm

And more recently, the OT loss to the Bears 2 years ago and the loss in Cleveland last year one week after the primetime win at Pittsburgh were good examples of how hard a time this team always had bringing the same intensity on a week-to-week basis and how routinely we got in our own way/interrupted our own momentum. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201110240jax.htm

Same season but this guy always comes to mind for me lol

• Like 1