Bill Belichick is the scourge of NFL history

NFLExpert49

It wasn't bad enough that his hideous shotgun spread offense made journeyman caliber receivers household names by spamming them freebee bubble screens and other assorted underneath garbage, and that it took off in the NFL and ruined the game.

Oh no, his work wasn't done. As a disciple of Bill Parcells, he knew that special teams are SO KEWL, and idiot nerd kickers need to play an even bigger role in the outcome of games than they already do.

And so he decided to make the game even more "exciting" by making PATs more "competitive." Now instead of the PAT being customary while the fans celebrate the touchdown, fans are robbed of that moment of enjoyment for another EXCIIIIITING ADVENTURE where there's a high probability of seeing the team dork botch the extra point and screw up the score line. 

I tell you, there's nothing more EXCITING than seeing a kicker miss an extra point. 

1 minute ago, NFLExpert49 said:

You disagree? You think it's a good thing that kickers are missing extra points left and right because of Belichick's idiotic proposal? 

I think it's idiotic that teams don't go for two every time in lieu of the proposal. Options (exciting options, at that) are there, nobody is taking the opportunity. 

57 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

It wasn't bad enough that his hideous shotgun spread offense made journeyman caliber receivers household names by spamming them freebee bubble screens and other assorted underneath garbage, and that it took off in the NFL and ruined the game.

Oh no, his work wasn't done. As a disciple of Bill Parcells, he knew that special teams are SO KEWL, and idiot nerd kickers need to play an even bigger role in the outcome of games than they already do.

And so he decided to make the game even more "exciting" by making PATs more "competitive." Now instead of the PAT being customary while the fans celebrate the touchdown, fans are robbed of that moment of enjoyment for another EXCIIIIITING ADVENTURE where there's a high probability of seeing the team dork botch the extra point and screw up the score line. 

I tell you, there's nothing more EXCITING than seeing a kicker miss an extra point. 

Is this post a result of the MNF game tonight?

While I appreciate your general sentiment, the old XPs that were like 99.7% going to go through were painfully dull. Special teams is a third of the game.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think it's idiotic that teams don't go for two every time in lieu of the proposal. Options (exciting options, at that) are there, nobody is taking the opportunity. 

He didn't watch the Bears/Lions game when Parkey missed 2 FG's and 2 EP's.

12 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Is this post a result of the MNF game tonight?

While I appreciate your general sentiment, the old XPs that were like 99.7% going to go through were painfully dull. Special teams is a third of the game.

And missed extra points are exciting?

It's a 2 second play regardless of what happens. 

Special teams are not supposed to be a third of the game. The amount of time special teams units spend on the field vs. offense/defense is miniscule. 

Archived