Bill Belichick is the scourge of NFL history

NFLExpert49

The PAT was too easy and basically automatic. They could have eliminated it altogether or move it back and make it more challenging and thus more significant. It is a play that puts point(s) on the board, it shouldn't be a freebie. As ET said, teams have the option to go for 2 (from the two yard line as opposed to the 3 in college). As with any rule change and evolution of the game teams need to adjust. Teams should, A. get a better kicker if theirs can't consistently split the uprights from 33 yards on the hash of their choice or, B. go for 2. Hate Belichik for making homeless chic into a look for he and Matt Patricia. Don't hate him for making solid proposals to increase the strategy, difficulty, and entertainment of football games.

13 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

You disagree? You think it's a good thing that kickers are missing extra points left and right because of Belichick's idiotic proposal? 

I think it’s stupid for a game to have a meaningless play. The PAT being more difficult and not a gimme adds more competition and strategy. That’s good for any game. 

1 hour ago, NFLExpert49 said:

And missed extra points are exciting?

It's a 2 second play regardless of what happens. 

Missed extra points are like Jurassic Park. It's not when the play is hatched that's cool, it's all the running and screaming that happens after. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd say Von Miller cost us that SB appearance...

It’s a tie game going into OT against a fading Broncos defense that Brady was getting in a rhythm on if not for the PAT. There’s no way to spin it besides that PAT was incredibly influential in the outcome. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is just proof that people will do and look to anything to blame BB. I heard he caused the ebola virus and was directly responsible for WW1.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don't see how that's bad. It makes things more interesting.

Wowowowowo.

on topic, Nfl expert, you point at THIS on whats bad about Bill Belichick, not the several scandals like spygate and deflategate?

moving the xp back is the best thing the nfl did since they changed the forceout rule

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

It’s a tie game going into OT against a fading Broncos defense that Brady was getting in a rhythm on if not for the PAT. There’s no way to spin it besides that PAT was incredibly influential in the outcome. 

Yeah, it was. Not as influential as Von Miller and the DL as a whole though, who either hit or sacked Brady 24 times. TB had his lowest rating in playoff game - 56.4 passer rating. 

You're not blaming it all on Ghost.

Honestly I love the XPA Rule change.  Yep, I'm a Steeler fan and Boswell was missing left and right to start the season and I'm still saying this.  Honestly I find it surprising that more teams don't go for 2 because I feel like the percentage of success might be at least very near that of the XPA now, if not arguably higher.

I love the rule change.

I think if they were trying to make the game more exciting they should’ve taken full measure and moved the 2pt try to the 1 yard line. 

Though I still think teams will start trending towards 2 points regardless, it just hasn’t happened as quickly as I thought it would 

Archived