Week 13 Arizona @ Green Bay GDT "I"

skibrett15

DL was down to Kenny Clark and a bunch of scrubs. Secondary was almost as bad off. WR group down to Adams and a bunch of rookies, well OK, Cobb. Two playmakers on offense and one of them spends large chunks of time on the bench. Guard play is scary. Mason is scary. MM seems lost. We are what we are. 

30 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Before the AR apologists get too wound up- just stop. AR didn't look good again. Accept it.  But, he didn't cost us the game, he just didn't save the game for us again.

Before the MM apologists get too wound up- just stop.  MM is the coach of a TEAM that was favored by 14 points to a doormat club and he effing blew it.

So apologists on both sides go ahead and pick apart this game and try to blame everyone else but 'your' guy.  AR needs to get his **** together and MM is gone.

]

That's the well thought out and reasonable take. It's fun to watch the ultra polarized kids scream though.

35 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Before the AR apologists get too wound up- just stop. AR didn't look good again. Accept it.  But, he didn't cost us the game, he just didn't save the game for us again.

Before the MM apologists get too wound up- just stop.  MM is the coach of a TEAM that was favored by 14 points to a doormat club and he effing blew it.

So apologists on both sides go ahead and pick apart this game and try to blame everyone else but 'your' guy.  AR needs to get his **** together and MM is gone.

]

You forgot the Thompson, Murphy, Ball, and anyone else at 1265 apologists.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

DL was down to Kenny Clark and a bunch of scrubs. Secondary was almost as bad off. WR group down to Adams and a bunch of rookies, well OK, Cobb. Two playmakers on offense and one of them spends large chunks of time on the bench. Guard play is scary. Mason is scary. MM seems lost. We are what we are. 

The Packers just lost to a 2 win team. At home. To a rookie QB with a 61 rating. That plays, trains, and lives in the desert and played in the freezing rain/snow.

The Cardinals were coming off a 42-10 loss (where they gave up 42 straight points).

The Packers committed 0 turnovers.

In my wildest dreams I could not conceive they would lose this game to this team.

The rot is deep, wide, and longstanding.

Got to get to work Gut fixing the shart you inherited.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

That's what I see .. it's all unraveling and MM is not there to put it back together.  He either has, or is very close to losing the team.  I think he lost the QB quite a while back.  Jones sitting on the bench seems like an unforgivable sin.  He's far and away our best back and he has been underused most of the year.  We are going to have to fix that Oline .. the guards are bad.  I think Pettine has done a solid job with what he has been given to work with .. I think McCarthy has done a terrible job with what he has been given to work with. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's what I see .. it's all unraveling and MM is not there to put it back together.  He's either has, or is very close to losing the team.  I think he lost the QB quite a while back.  Jones sitting on the bench seems like an unforgivable sin.  He's far and away our best back and he has been underused most of the year.  We are going to have to fix that Oline .. the guards are bad.  I think Pettine has done a solid job with what he has been given to work with .. I think McCarthy has done a terrible job with what he has been given to work with. 

I've said earlier that part of Aaron's problem is mental. His perfectionism may be hindering him. Now I'm beginning to suspect that Rodgers has lost confidence in his arm. He made his reputation by zipping balls through tiny windows. I haven't seen him try that this year. He desperately needs a new QB coach at the minimum. That said, with playoff opportunity gone, I think MM is a goner.

Well, after that world class display of self-penile stepping it's become apparent that the coach as lost the team.  No one is playing hard for the guy.  It was an uninspired effort by all except for a select few who probably need to make their mark to find a spot on the team next year.  Not much to re-hash other than we looked like a very bad team who lost to arguably the worst team in the NFL at home, in weather that should have been a huge advantage.  Every time I see a breaking news alert in the scrolling scores I expect to see McCarthy gone.

So, looking beyond 2018 what do we have to look forward to:

The defensive backfield has some young talent to get excited over.  

The RB group is actually pretty good.  

That Davante Adams guy looks pretty good and they may have something promising in this year's rookie class.

A lot of the team under performing current contracts will probably not be back next year.  Ergo, a  lot of money to spend in FA.

We probably will have a new coaching staff who's offensive identity isn't wait for Aaron to make something happen.

Kenny Clark is the real deal.  Blake Martinez isn't half bad either.

Green Bay is probably the most desirable coaching destination this off season. 

Two first round picks.

Causes for concern:

The $30 million man doesn't look right.

The management in GB is slow to react and may not make the drastic changes most seem to see as necessary.

The interior O-line and defensive edge positions need major overhauls that won't come cheap.

There's teams with much more available money to spend in FA which will take some of the top tier players out of our price range.

1 hour ago, RedRaider said:

Well, after that world class display of self-penile stepping it's become apparent that the coach as lost the team.  No one is playing hard for the guy.  It was an uninspired effort by all except for a select few who probably need to make their mark to find a spot on the team next year.  Not much to re-hash other than we looked like a very bad team who lost to arguably the worst team in the NFL at home, in weather that should have been a huge advantage.  Every time I see a breaking news alert in the scrolling scores I expect to see McCarthy gone.

So, looking beyond 2018 what do we have to look forward to:

The defensive backfield has some young talent to get excited over.  

The RB group is actually pretty good.  

That Davante Adams guy looks pretty good and they may have something promising in this year's rookie class.

A lot of the team under performing current contracts will probably not be back next year.  Ergo, a  lot of money to spend in FA.

We probably will have a new coaching staff who's offensive identity isn't wait for Aaron to make something happen.

Kenny Clark is the real deal.  Blake Martinez isn't half bad either.

Green Bay is probably the most desirable coaching destination this off season. 

Two first round picks.

Causes for concern:

The $30 million man doesn't look right.

The management in GB is slow to react and may not make the drastic changes most seem to see as necessary.

The interior O-line and defensive edge positions need major overhauls that won't come cheap.

There's teams with much more available money to spend in FA which will take some of the top tier players out of our price range.

Not sure what you mean by this, they made the drastic changes of getting a New GM and DC this offseason. Think it was reasonable to keep McCarthy heading into this year, and firing him now before the end of the season won't change anything. They moved Ty and HaHa for valid reasons in season, don't know what else needs to be done besides inevitably getting a new HC.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:39 PM, wgbeethree said:

I'm hoping he's not the Nick Perry of CBs. Guys I really liked and play really well when healthy (you can throw Cobb in there as well) but just aren't ever healthy. 

I agree about King. The Packers seem to waste high draft picks on workout warriors. Guys who put up great numbers at the combine but were no names in college. Josh Jones also comes to mind. They should stick with the big time colleges AL, Clem, ND, OU, G, OS ect.  

Herman:

Ive thought this for a while & never said it & people may not like it but I don’t believe Rodgers cares about the game as much as he once did. I’m not saying he doesn’t care, far from it, but even the smallest things irked him to the nth degree. It hasn’t felt the same for awhile

Just now, Leader said:

Herman:

Ive thought this for a while & never said it & people may not like it but I don’t believe Rodgers cares about the game as much as he once did. I’m not saying he doesn’t care, far from it, but even the smallest things irked him to the nth degree. It hasn’t felt the same for awhile

I tend to agree. Lets' see Rogeres take a pay cut to free up $$$ for free agents like Brady has done.

Archived