Is Jalen Ramsey becoming a damaging distraction for the Jaguars?

BigMountainGoat

Ramsey has the talent to be a top tier DB, but this season, and in recent weeks, his behaviour culminating in last night's embarrassment seems to be setting a bad narrative around the team. The mood around him, and now towards the teamhas turned from begrudging respect, to utter laughter.

Does anyone else agree that getting rid of Ramsey might become a case of addition by subtraction for the Jaguars?

Not addition by subtraction, no.  You don't get rid of an elite lockdown corner and get "better".  His swagger/attitude is also something that's probably going to be needed, if the Jaguars are going to get things back on track next year.

I do wish he'd keep his trash talk more confined to the field, even when the Jaguars were winning, it was always the sort of thing that you know is going to come back to bite him the second things aren't going perfectly smoothly.  But it's part of who he is i guess, and if the Jaguars can actually figure out how to put an offense together on the other side of the ball...Jalen will continue to be a key component of a good defense.

Whether he's looking to bolt at the end of his contract or not, is another question.  And if he's looking for "highest paid player in the NFL" type money, or is just simply looking to play for a different team in a bigger spotlight on his next contract...that's really the only situation where moving Jalen would make sense.  Less about him being a "distraction" though, and more just about being practical if the guy isn't going to be a long-term Jaguar.

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Yes he’s a huge distraction. They should trade him to the Rams for a 5th round pick 

I’m willing to top this offer as a Vikings fan.  We should give a 4th for him.  But that’s as high as it goes because he might offend someone 

this makes me happy. we watched all offseason as the Jags crew stood behind Ramsey supporting his dumb actions. Now we see it all unraveling. It's quite a joy to watch players like Ramsey lose. Jags genuinely used to be a team I used to pull for behind the Packers.. now, I'm rooting for their continued status of the NFLs cellar dweller

Some people are funny.  The guy is just very competitive and uses his media platform to talk trash.  There's nothing wrong with doing that.  He and the Jags obviously look bad this season and it's more magnified because of all the talking he did in the off-season.  Sometimes the game is up and sometime it's down, but talkers talk and he'll have his day once again.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Some people are funny.  The guy is just very competitive and uses his media platform to talk trash.  There's nothing wrong with doing that.  He and the Jags obviously look bad this season and it's more magnified because of all the talking he did in the off-season.  Sometimes the game is up and sometime it's down, but talkers talk and he'll have his day once again.

I think you're coming from a place that had success with it though (sherman).. Jalen is just that streamer who rages on twich and tells you

he's making 100k off games and that you have no life. 

Archived