Is Jalen Ramsey becoming a damaging distraction for the Jaguars?

BigMountainGoat

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

I think you're coming from a place that had success with it though (sherman).. Jalen is just that streamer who rages on twich and tells you

he's making 100k off games and that you have no life. 

I know you're a big NBA fan.  Remember the days of Jordan and his legendary trash talking.  Players like Larry Bird and Gary Payton.  How much talking do you think Payton would do in today's era of 24/7 cameras and social media?  It would be a sight to see.  This thread is EXACTLY why the trash talking is so great, though.... it creates lovers and haters.  During the off-season, Ramsey took a very boring time of the sports year and made it really interesting when he criticized all of those quarterbacks.  Of course now that the Jags are struggling, he's getting a lot of talk back in his direction and he deserves it.  He's a galvanizing personality and he's entertaining. 

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know you're a big NBA fan.  Remember the days of Jordan and his legendary trash talking.  Players like Larry Bird and Gary Payton.  How much talking do you think Payton would do in today's era of 24/7 cameras and social media?  It would be a sight to see.  This thread is EXACTLY why the trash talking is so great, though.... it creates lovers and haters.  During the off-season, Ramsey took a very boring time of the sports year and made it really interesting when he criticized all of those quarterbacks.  Of course now that the Jags are struggling, he's getting a lot of talk back in his direction and he deserves it.  He's a galvanizing personality and he's entertaining. 

Different game bro. That era is long and gone. Since youth all they teach you is sportsmanship now. 

Trash talking is fine imo if you can back it up and it isn't completely stupid, hypocritical or abusive/discriminatory.

Unfortunately for Jalen, in the past 6 months or so since that article where he sounded off on a bunch of QBs, neither he nor his team has been able to back it up and he should just cop everything (reasonable) coming back at him on the chin - even though I doubt he can do that

56 minutes ago, showtime said:

Some people are funny.  The guy is just very competitive and uses his media platform to talk trash.  There's nothing wrong with doing that.  He and the Jags obviously look bad this season and it's more magnified because of all the talking he did in the off-season.  Sometimes the game is up and sometime it's down, but talkers talk and he'll have his day once again.

A very competitive guy gives effort all game long. He either isn't competitive, is selective when he is competitive or has just given up. I don't hold the trash talk against him, it's just talk and shouldn't bother people. He sets himself for being talked back to, but that is something he has to deal with, not me. Whether it is a player on my team or another team I hate to see players giving up on a play or just not participating if there is a chance they can make a play. On that 99 yard run he just gave up and became a spectator, not something that a competitive player does. But there is an average of 6.5 minutes of the ball being in play per game for each side of the ball so maybe it is asking too much to give that effort the whole time that he is on defense.

Jalen Ramsey dont know when to quit. I said before the season started that all his trash talking could bite him and his team in the butt. All those QBs he said was trash for the most part showed him and his team up. Even Josh Allen showed him up. He essentially put a bullseye on the Jags chest. If I was him I wouldve just kept quiet and focused. He is a smart man I assume. He knew that the Jags went (10-6) and won the division mainly because they didnt have to face Luck and Watson. They know they got swept by the Titans and lost to the Niners down the stretch. Like if he wanted to show the world how great the Jags are, he shouldve done that by working hard to be better on the field for this season. Guess what? They got swept again by the Titans. They did split with the Colts, which they wouldve done last season if Luck was playing. They could get swept by the Texans. At best they split with them which they got swept by them last season. So like maybe last season was the fluke season for the Jags. This is the real season for them. Hopefully Ramsey learns from this and in the Rock's words, "know his role and shut his mouth".

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

Different game bro. That era is long and gone. Since youth all they teach you is sportsmanship now. 

Bruh I hate it. Was just talking about how we'll never get another AI again because of all this AAU teaching young players nonsense. 

No. Do you really think his trash talk divides or causes unrest in the locker room?.. because that's pretty much the only way one's off field (or in Ramsey's case, a little on field too) behavior is going to become damaging. As far as his on the field behavior, it's generally legal, it's not like he's drawing flags every game for unsportsmanlike conduct.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm trying to think of a really good corner now that just never, ever talked trash. Like ever. I can't think of any. Mike Haynes? Seemed like such a nice guy. 

champ bailey? i don't recall hearing a whole lot from revis either tbh but i could just be forgetting.

Archived