Is Jalen Ramsey becoming a damaging distraction for the Jaguars?

BigMountainGoat

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm trying to think of a really good corner now that just never, ever talked trash. Like ever. I can't think of any. Mike Haynes? Seemed like such a nice guy. 

It's the not the trash talking per say, it's the lack of judgement about timing. When you are getting beat by a rookie QB in Josh Allen, leading one of the worst offenses in recent years, then maybe trash talking just makes you look a clown. There is an art to trash talking to getting under the skin of opponents, all Ramsey is doing at the moment is motivating opponents as they know his team is all talk.

Honestly he shot his mouth off this year and teams are making him pay the price. 

In nfl history there has only been a few CBs that are shut down worthy. Ramsey was great the first two years but man he’s getting his this year. 

You want your DBs to have an attitude and confidence. But speak softly. He’s trashing established QBs and receivers. 

That flop Thursday night makes him look weak. 

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm trying to think of a really good corner now that just never, ever talked trash. Like ever. I can't think of any. Mike Haynes? Seemed like such a nice guy. 

Chris McCallister in Baltimore, maybe? Chris Harris Jr, perhaps?

The concept of "distractions" in sports is silly. Sports media loves them as a talking point, but they have literally zero effect on the outcome of games.

At least the stuff the media actually talks about.

There are all kinds of things going on in players' personal lives that sometimes actually affect performance, but the media never mentions those. Instead, they yap about irrelevant press conferences and trash talk and sideline shouting matches, like those have anything to do with player performance. 

Archived