Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I guess people don't remember Vick. I don't see anything different about Jackson at this point. Very exciting player to watch but what he does as a passer simply isn't enough.

Vick had a better arm, but very similar  in being special running QBs. Jackson has a better supporting cast, still could develop into a better passer. Still a hole in his game that is exposed in the playoffs....

Edited by Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If you had to play a super bowl today whats your qb ranking?

1) a rodg

2) pat mah

3) Brady 

4) Russ will

5) j Allen 

6) d Watson 

7) tanny

8)Big Ben 

9)brees 

10) baker

11) Jackson 

12) Herbert 

13) cousins

14) carr

Great question!!! I assume you were drunk when you did the list though 😀😀 jk.

1. Wilson.  2. Rodgers.  3. Mahomes.  4. Brady. 5. Allen. 6. Watson. 7. Prescott. 8. Carr.  9. Ryan.  10. Tannehill.  11.  Stafford.  12.  Jackson

Brees and Roethlisburger look pretty shot to me so wouldn't trust them at all and I'd never trust a rookie QB in a one off game no matter their apparent talent. Brady I dont think us the 4th best QB but all that experience counts.

• Like 1

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Russ

4. Josh Allen

5. Watson
6.Dak

7. Brady

8. Tanny

9. Jackson

10. Carr

I can’t put Brees and Ben on that list cause they’re memories of the QBs they once were. Neither can throw the ball down field.

I put Cousins and Baker into the same category. Both can win if the run game is working. Trust neither to go win me a game by themselves. 

Lol Say what you want about Jackson, but the moment he stepped on to the field for Baltimore he turned them from a perennially average team with Flacco to a consistent playoff contender. He has won over 75% of his starts and for being a guy who can't throw has 62 passing TDs his last two years.

Will he ever be a great passer? No. Will he have a long career? Maybe not, as much as he runs. Is he a better player right now today over Derek Carr? Absolutely yes. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

1. Wilson.  2. Rodgers.  3. Mahomes.  4. Brady. 5. Allen. 6. Watson. 7. Prescott. 8. Carr.  9. Ryan.  10. Tannehill.  11.  Stafford.  12.  Jackson

Brees and Roethlisburger look pretty shot to me so wouldn't trust them at all and I'd never trust a rookie QB in a one off game no matter their apparent talent. Brady I dont think us the 4th best QB but all that experience counts.

Top 5 is definitely interesting on everyone’s list. Surprised you picked Russ will as #1 not mad about it but just think our top 5 are interesting 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Worth noting on Jackson, the Ravens have nothing at WR. I'll reserve judgement when they get that man someone to play ball with at WR. 

where were these notes when Carr was throwing to Rico Gafford? lmao 

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lol Say what you want about Jackson, but the moment he stepped on to the field for Baltimore he turned them from a perennially average team with Flacco to a consistent playoff contender. He has won over 75% of his starts and for being a guy who can't throw has 62 passing TDs his last two years.

Will he ever be a great passer? No. Will he have a long career? Maybe not, as much as he runs. Is he a better player right now today over Derek Carr? Absolutely yes. 

bro, BMore has been one of the most well run organizations in the league for a looong time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And? They were an afterthought of a team before Jackson took over.

and, what you said was wrong, they werent a perennial average team OR an after though. They finished 2nd in the division the two years prior to him getting drafted. Theyve always been on the mix

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

the double standard is just funny. 

I don't think it's a double standard. Most understood Carr needed help. Same time, we also watched him ignore Cooper who they promptly shipped out of town.

Jackson is younger and in his 3rd year. We all knew what Carr's ceiling was as we'd seen it already. 

I'm not a big believer in Jackson for the record.

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And? They were an afterthought of a team before Jackson took over.

They had one losing season in 2015.  The rest were 8-8 or better.  They've been in the playoffs 9 times in the last 12 years. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Hate to start my list this way but here we go:

1. Mahomes  2. Rodgers  3. Wilson  4. Brady  5. Watson  6. Allen  7. Jackson  8. Carr  9. Prescott  10. Tannehill  11. Herbert 12. Mayfield  13. Roethlisburger 14. Ryan  15. Stafford

Not counting Brees now that he has retired.  I hate Mahomes but the guy is what he is.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think it's a double standard. Most understood Carr needed help. Same time, we also watched him ignore Cooper who they promptly shipped out of town.

Jackson is younger and in his 3rd year. We all knew what Carr's ceiling was as we'd seen it already. 

I'm not a big believer in Jackson for the record.

I still don't think we have seen it.  Pretty sure this is the first time he's ever been in the same scheme for 3 straight years.  We have no clue what he can become if Ruggs takes a big step forward and we retain real talent.  If our running game improves back to its 2019 form, he can be even better.  I would not be surprised if he continued to take another step forward and get closer to 35 TDs next season.  We don't know because it hasn't happened yet.  But we all have seen the improvement over these last 3 seasons.

• Like 1