Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Seen this mentioned before by Gruden. Seems like Abram missed a lot of practice time but made himself available Sundays. Arnette by the sounds of it needs to work on his diet, conditioning and get in the weight room.

Rookies need a vet to show them what to do, it’s why I’d like a vet FS and take mid round FS. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Seen this mentioned before by Gruden. Seems like Abram missed a lot of practice time but made himself available Sundays. Arnette by the sounds of it needs to work on his diet, conditioning and get in the weight room.

Rookies need a vet to show them what to do, it’s why I’d like a vet FS and take mid round FS. 

Same... only 1 FS worth a pick in round 1 anyway. 

Not shocking to see what he had to say about Ruggs and Arnette. That’s pretty much the main thing for any first year player to hit the weight room after the first season to grown their body. When they leave school weight room time is not every high on their list as they’re getting ready for the combine and focusing on those individual drills. Big offseason for both of those young men to get stronger and get better.

Mike Mayock Q&A

https://theathletic.com/2347500/2021/01/27/mike-mayock-raiders-gm-senior-bowl/?amp#click=https://t.co/z8ZoluH7N6

Notable comments; 

“I think, from our perspective, we felt like we were a top-10 offense, which we were in scoring offense. I’m very happy with the way that went. I thought we played pretty well. Some guys emerged.”

“Defensively, I think we felt like had we been a middle-of-the-pack defense we would’ve been a playoff team. And we were not a middle-of-the-pack defense. So, we’ve got some work to do there.”

“Well, you have to start on defense. And, to be honest with you, it’s all three levels. We’ve got to rush the quarterback better; we’ve got to play better at the linebacker position and our young defensive backs have got to be more cohesive and play better. You can make excuses, which I don’t want to do. We’ve got a really young defensive backfield.” 

However this offseason plays out, what would you consider to be a success in the 2021 season?

Bottom line, I mean it’s pretty easy: We need to get a lot better on both sides of the ball, we need to get way better on defense, we need to be a playoff team and we need to go chase a Super Bowl.

Given this is the third full year of you and Jon Gruden working together, how important is it to achieve that mark when it comes to staying on track with your long-term goals?

It’s a critical year, I think, for the entire organization. And I think Jon and I are joined at the hip philosophically. We both know how critical the year is and we fully expect that we’re gonna take a jump this year. We’re disappointed it didn’t happen last year, but it needs to happen this year.

Acknowledges it's do or die. They don't make the jump in 2021 it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Mike Mayock Q&A

https://theathletic.com/2347500/2021/01/27/mike-mayock-raiders-gm-senior-bowl/?amp#click=https://t.co/z8ZoluH7N6

Notable comments; 

“I think, from our perspective, we felt like we were a top-10 offense, which we were in scoring offense. I’m very happy with the way that went. I thought we played pretty well. Some guys emerged.”

“Defensively, I think we felt like had we been a middle-of-the-pack defense we would’ve been a playoff team. And we were not a middle-of-the-pack defense. So, we’ve got some work to do there.”

“Well, you have to start on defense. And, to be honest with you, it’s all three levels. We’ve got to rush the quarterback better; we’ve got to play better at the linebacker position and our young defensive backs have got to be more cohesive and play better. You can make excuses, which I don’t want to do. We’ve got a really young defensive backfield.” 

well sounds like Mayock is echoing my views in the Carr thread. 

• Like 3