Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

I think there is some truth to this, but it’s also coming from Vic. Last year dropped the Will Mike Mayock be around this year article. Where he painted that His and Grudens relationship could be shot cause of the AB saga. So I take this with a grain of salt cause of who it’s coming from. Vic likes to stir up the pot in the offseason.

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Said that last year when the Colts got him. A splash move would be getting a war daddy inside to make everything click. The staff knows it too. 

The single dumbest move this team has made is having all the assets available to trade up to 3 and take Quinnen Williams and settling for Ferrell instead. 

Agree with the first part totally. I'm probably a bit higher on Ferrell than most and having watched back a few games I'm pretty comfortable that he's improving into a very solid player. Crosby too has his faults but can become a very good player but neither is going to do it alone, that inside rusher is absolutely key to bringing out the best of both and they're both going to continue to struggle to impact the game as much as they could without that catalyst.

Obviously Gruden loves his vets and its the right time I feel to make a little splash on a guy that can really make a difference, Watt must be available after the Watson shenanigans in Houston, Fletcher Cox is worth exploring, maybe a guy like Jonathan Allen, if we're going to throw a 3rd at Martavis Bryant then I'd love to use a draft pick like that to trade for a difference maker that could potentially impact other players too. Perfect time to draft a DT too and have him learn from said veteran and ease his way in without being thrown in and expected to produce.

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s not his fault mm drafted him so high dude’s a late first rounder early 2nd lol. Hard to read hr3 but his body language on the field imo isn’t good

If there's a 1st rd pick i 100% wouldn't put any blame on Mayock for, it's Ruggs. That's Gruden's decision.

Mayock also said

I thought Henry was exactly what I thought he’d be. He did make a difference for our offense. He did flash. He still has a long way to go. And we knew that when we drafted him.

I take that as if we wanted a pro ready guy, Ruggs wasn't the pick to make.

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wow that’s a leader right there. That’s what leaders of the offense do.....that’s mamba stuff 

If he did it, I highly doubt that would have been directed at the offense. Is it the role of an above average WR who has been with the team for less than a year to call out his teammates? I don't think so.

The team should have won the last 2 games. It didn't look like a team which had packed it in. What does lack of commitment means? Is it directed towards a few players or the whole team? Is it Trent Brown? Probably. Is it the rookies? Mayock's latest comments could be about that. Especially what he had to say about Arnette. It surely wasn't about Crosby.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The team should have won the last 2 games. It didn't look like a team which had packed it in. What does lack of commitment means? Is it directed towards a few players or the whole team? Is it Trent Brown? Probably. Is it the rookies? Mayock's latest comments could be about that. Especially what he had to say about Arnette. It surely wasn't about Crosby.

To be fair, I personally didn't see what I thought was a lack of commitment in the play as a whole, some poor tackling sure, but what I did see was rookie mistakes, miscommunication and just lack of nous and composure at key moments. A team that is growing but has a long way to go still.

Maybe there's some guys like Brown who are not giving 100% behind the scenes but I think we seem to have a group of high effort players like Crosby, Ferrell, Kwiatkoski, Abram, Jacobs, Ingold who need that difference maker and someone to lift their games (JJ Watt). Guys like Arnette would have to be accountable to a leader like that IMO.  

We clearly need some players to step up in terms of holding others accountable.  I know everyone points at the QB but we need the same type of voice on defense IMO as well.  Its why we have more than one Captain on the team.  Derek should have gotten in their faces and maybe he did.  I'm sure we will trim the fat (the quitters) and move forward.  Its the logical thing to do.

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

To be fair, I personally didn't see what I thought was a lack of commitment in the play as a whole, some poor tackling sure, but what I did see was rookie mistakes, miscommunication and just lack of nous and composure at key moments. A team that is growing but has a long way to go still.

Maybe there's some guys like Brown who are not giving 100% behind the scenes but I think we seem to have a group of high effort players like Crosby, Ferrell, Kwiatkoski, Abram, Jacobs, Ingold who need that difference maker and someone to lift their games (JJ Watt). Guys like Arnette would have to be accountable to a leader like that IMO.  

Yeah, i think there are a lot of players on this team who can't be blamed for a lack of commitment. Kolton Miller Hudson, Waller, Renfrow could be added to your list. Renfrow almost got killed on that return and was back in the lineup the following week. Waller turned his life around to become the player he is today. Even a guy like Zay Jones spent the whole offseason catching passes from Carr when he didn't have to. There are probably guys who get by on minimum work and effort but that doesn't mean that's a team problem.

• Like 1

Gruden is the problem. Every press conference he's deflecting blame, making excuses. How long you guys want to pretend like Gruden is a quality coach?

His schtick eventually gets old with players. His teams fell apart in Tampa. His last year he was 9-3 and lost 4 straight to miss the playoffs before being fired. 

It's funny... the other team interested in Gruden coming back is now rebuilt and in the Superbowl. The Raiders are still a joke with conflict, players chirping and a questionable leadership. 

Gruden has been an unmitigated disaster in 3 years. He'll be out by year 5, I stand by that prediction from year 1. Guy is a joke.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden is the problem. Every press conference he's deflecting blame, making excuses. How long you guys want to pretend like Gruden is a quality coach?

His schtick eventually gets old with players. His teams fell apart in Tampa. His last year he was 9-3 and lost 4 straight to miss the playoffs before being fired. 

It's funny... the other team interested in Gruden coming back is now rebuilt and in the Superbowl. The Raiders are still a joke with conflict, players chirping and a questionable leadership. 

Gruden has been an unmitigated disaster in 3 years. He'll be out by year 5, I stand by that prediction from year 1. Guy is a joke.

Was not a fan of Gruden coming back for the record but I think he's actually a pretty good coach. The problem I think lies when he is the supremo without someone above him to reel him in and hold him accountable. He seems like a coach that wants to be a players best friend when sometimes a leader by example is needed, setting standards by their professionalism and accountability which was lacking during the face mask and Covid fiasco for example.

For all his faults Al Davis handled Gruden really well and everyone knew the pecking order. As much as I like Mayock he's kind of 2nd fiddle to Gruden and I don't think it works that way round. 

It's not going to happen of course but we really need Gruden concentrating on the coaching and game plans and Mayock overseeing the running of the team and being the guy Gruden reports to IMO. 

• Like 1

https://www.raidersbeat.com/teammates-question-report-on-nelson-agholor-locker-room-rant/

"Believe what y'all want though"!

So believe the guys who have a subscription to sell you or the players, including Gafford who isn't with this team anymore and would have nothing to lose by backing that claim. Vic is BSing his way into a story.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/teammates-question-report-on-nelson-agholor-locker-room-rant/

"Believe what y'all want though"!

So believe the guys who have a subscription to sell you or the players, including Gafford who isn't with this team anymore and would have nothing to lose by backing that claim. Vic is BSing his way into a story.

Vic wouldn't outright lie about it, so there has to be some version of the story. And we've seen quotes from Ingold and Morrow on accountability and commitment. 

Where is Agholor's statement on this?

Either way... narrative won't change until they win. And that is going start largely by getting some accountability at veteran leadership on defense. 

If Agholor called out his teammates I like that.  I would be very frustrated with this team if I was a part of it.  Collapsing at the end of the year is not acceptable.  I would be looking to leave if I had to deal with this every year.  With the exception of 2016 this has happened every year for our current players.