Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

From Crosby on the Nelly situation 

While Crosby thinks that witnesses blew the speech out of proportion — “I mean, it was trending on Twitter,” he said — he loved what Agholor had to say.

“It was in the heat of the moment,” Crosby said. “Nelly didn’t say ‘these guys suck,’ it was more of a ‘we’ thing and him being a leader and showing his passion for the game. He’s been on a Super Bowl team and he knows what it looks like to have a winning environment in a locker room, and guys that truly love the game. Guys that show up every day and practice that way.

“He was definitely calling some people out a little bit. I was happy he said something. Because that game, too, he had put his all on the line and put us in a position to win that game. I felt it. Football is such an emotional game and losing the way we did, every single person in Raider Nation was sick. It was a cool moment to see because Nelly doesn’t talk a ton, but when he does everybody listens.”

Resign Agholor tonight!  We need these kinds of guys.  Man we really need to just keep trimming the fat and loading up that ammunition on both sides.  Super hyped for next season.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

From Crosby on the Nelly situation 

While Crosby thinks that witnesses blew the speech out of proportion — “I mean, it was trending on Twitter,” he said — he loved what Agholor had to say.

“It was in the heat of the moment,” Crosby said. “Nelly didn’t say ‘these guys suck,’ it was more of a ‘we’ thing and him being a leader and showing his passion for the game. He’s been on a Super Bowl team and he knows what it looks like to have a winning environment in a locker room, and guys that truly love the game. Guys that show up every day and practice that way.

“He was definitely calling some people out a little bit. I was happy he said something. Because that game, too, he had put his all on the line and put us in a position to win that game. I felt it. Football is such an emotional game and losing the way we did, every single person in Raider Nation was sick. It was a cool moment to see because Nelly doesn’t talk a ton, but when he does everybody listens.”

Maxx!!!! 
the fact this this is such a big deal makes me think this almost never happens in this locker room pre nelly. That’s sad

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

On 2/2/2021 at 4:33 PM, big_palooka said:

For all you hoping for Irving to solve a problem

I don’t think anyone thought he was the solution at DT.  It was more like “well we suck at DT, he was impressive in the past and played for Marinelli, he won’t cost much at all.... what’s their to lose?!?”

you gotta take cheap flyers oh guys like this.  It’d zero risk snd all to gain.

I thought he might be a quality DT sbd 5T in this new defense.  He can can play all over the DL.

id still root to  get him to be resigned and given a full offseason to wear some of that rust off.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think anyone thought he was the solution at DT.  It was more like “well we suck at DT, he was impressive in the past and played for Marinelli, he won’t cost much at all.... what’s their to lose?!?”

you gotta take cheap flyers oh guys like this.  It’d zero risk snd all to gain.

I thought he might be a quality DT sbd 5T in this new defense.  He can can play all over the DL.

id still root to  get him to be resigned and given a full offseason to wear some of that rust off.

makes no sense to just let him walk

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

bringing back Peterman but letting Irving walk...smh

I mean yeah cuz it’s not like he’s gonna get a deal above vet min.... who better would we sign?

only reason not to is you didn’t like what you say on field or in locker room/meetings in terms of personality.

https://sportsnaut.com/patriots-rumors-marcus-mariota-trade-210206/

According to The MMQB’s Albert Breer, the New England Patriots are checking in on “everything” when it pertains to acquiring a quarterback this offseason. However, Breer pointed out that Marcus Mariota is “probably what we are looking at” when it comes to the Patriots.