Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

lmao. thats the money Brady took in his mid 40s

Brady at 44 is a MVP Runner up and Super Bowl Champ. He easily had a Top 3 QB season. No comparison. Brady’s ability to read defenses during the play is light years ahead of Carr (Carr is good pre snap reading), and Brady’s ability under pressure is amazing. One of the best pocket presence’s of all time. 

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Idk how people could think we can’t afford to pay Carr 35M or so.   How much do we waste every year on 1-2 scrubs like Nassib or Kwiatkowski?  

you can afford to pay your QB but it means you can’t frivolously pay backups big money.  We can afford to extend Crosby, Renfrow, etc if we do so early and before they hit the open market.  We’ll just have to fill out the roster with value-based veteran signings in FA.

Just because we gave out bad contracts does not mean I want to give Carr more than what I think a QB in his range is worth.  You just make the issue worse.  Now if I said we should not pay him so we could keep players like Nassib and Littleton that would be completely different.  I want them gone also.  The best time to extend Waller, Crosby, and Renfrow is this year but that would eat up a lot of cap for this year.  They will take less this year because you are asking them because it lessens the financial risk of playing 2022 on a rookie contract.  The only reason why they take less next year is the risk that they are going to not get want they want in FA.  Teams are going to have a lot more money in 2023 so I think they test FA if we low ball them.  We have leverage this off-season and not next year.

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

lmao. thats the money Brady took in his mid 40s

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/tom-bradys-patriots-contracts-through-years

Picked random years but here you go.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2004/

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2007/

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2010/

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2013/

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2017/

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

I think he was maybe the highest paid QB 1-2 years out of his entire career.  In those years he was top 5 I think once.  He's always taken a discount for the Patriots IMO.

14 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Just because we gave out bad contracts does not mean I want to give Carr more than what I think a QB in his range is worth. 

You’ve distorted my comments.  No one wants to over pay Carr.  Not you nor I.  But what I said was there’s enough money to extend Carr at fair market value AND resign ourselves young players coming off rookie deals…. IF we clean up our cap situation and are fiscally responsible in filling out the rest of the roster.  The amount of “wasted” cap we’ve experienced is ridiculous.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

You’ve distorted my comments.  No one wants to over pay Carr.  Not you nor I.  But what I said was there’s enough money to extend Carr at fair market value AND resign ourselves young players coming off rookie deals…. IF we clean up our cap situation and are fiscally responsible in filling out the rest of the roster.  The amount of “wasted” cap we’ve experienced is ridiculous.  

I got you but fair market value for a QB in his range is to much.  That is what I was saying.  The market will pay him $35 a year but I do not think he is worth it.  Most QBs are over paid.  The average fair market value for a house in Southern California is close to 700K but that does not mean it is a good value.  QB is the most important position on the field but I am not dedicating close to 1/5 of the cap to one player unless that one player is elite.  I will admit at $20 million next year he is underpaid.  He is playing with zero security so I would not be surprised if we end up extending or trading him this off-season.  

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Brady in his mid 40’s is better than Carr will ever be.

let me explain it to you slowly:  

Brady made millions for over 20 years as a high paid QB. after those years, he could care less about the money. I did not say anything about ability. Brady made millions for over 20 years as a high paid QB. after those years, he could care less about the money. I did not say anything about ability. 

I typed it twice, so you can grasp my point. 

40 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Brady made millions for over 20 years as a high paid QB. after those years, he could care less about the money. I did not say anything about ability. Brady made millions for over 20 years as a high paid QB. after those years, he could care less about the money. I did not say anything about ability. 

Curious how many of those sb winning years was Brady a high paid qb.

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

Damn it’s crazy how much less those qbs made. We got back ups making more now than the top guy in 04

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Damn it’s crazy how much less those qbs made. We got back ups making more now than the top guy in 04

That is why I believe market value for QBs is very inflated and do not want to give Carr an extension at market value.  Teams giving non elite QBs $35+ are going to put themselves at a disadvantage that will only be overcome if the do a great job of drafting. 

On 2/13/2022 at 12:21 PM, drfrey13 said:

That is why I believe market value for QBs is very inflated and do not want to give Carr an extension at market value.  Teams giving non elite QBs $35+ are going to put themselves at a disadvantage that will only be overcome if the do a great job of drafting. 

breaking news on NFL Network. Raiders and DC are working on a new contract smile :)

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 10:55 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Brady also has a mega-rich super model wife. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 9:53 PM, BayRaider said:

Brady at 44 is a MVP Runner up and Super Bowl Champ. He easily had a Top 3 QB season. No comparison. Brady’s ability to read defenses during the play is light years ahead of Carr (Carr is good pre snap reading), and Brady’s ability under pressure is amazing. One of the best pocket presence’s of all time.

Brady won the majority of he's super bowls with a great running game and defense not a top QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Brady won the majority of he's super bowls with a great running game and defense not a top QB.

Brady not a Top QB, thanks for destroying all of your credibility on the forum. 

Raider fans will say the dumbest of things to prop up and protect Derek Carr, jesus christ.