Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 2/24/2022 at 12:40 AM, Humble_Beast said:

I'll trade a 4th for Andre Dillard. He can plug in at RT, odd man out of the Eagles. He is only making 2m in 2022. 

Dillard played 31 games in the NFL, only 9 as a starter. He played the majority of his snaps at LT, only 34 was at RT back in 2019. He was also pretty bad in 2019 overall. 

In 2021 he did alright as a LT. 

He was a 4 year starter at LT in college.

Can't really see how he is a plug in guy at RT for us...

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, big_palooka said:

I respect Saban and this rhetoric may apply in college. Once you become a PROFESSIONAL, you and you alone are responsible for yourself. 

You think leadership is what in this case? Someone on the team driving out to top golf at 2am to take his keys away from him? What a dumb statement. 

Ruggs could have called a cab. But it's a lack of leadership on the team that was the problem? You miss me with this Mr. Saban.

Wholeheartedly agree. We live in times where personal accountability doesn't seem to exist anymore, self entitlement is at an all time high and it's always someone else's fault.......

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Wholeheartedly agree. We live in times where personal accountability doesn't seem to exist anymore, self entitlement is at an all time high and it's always someone else's fault.......

I think you both have a point. Of course he made a bad decision, but he had bad people around him. His girlfriend included. She knew he was drunk when he got in the car. What kind of person thinks it's acceptable for their friend/SO to drive drunk? I think he is definitely the most culpable, but there is blame to go around.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 6:27 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think you both have a point. Of course he made a bad decision, but he had bad people around him. His girlfriend included. She knew he was drunk when he got in the car. What kind of person thinks it's acceptable for their friend/SO to drive drunk? I think he is definitely the most culpable, but there is blame to go around.

I hate to say it but men very, very often succeed because of their woman or fail because of their woman.  A good women will make a man want to do the right thing and succeed, hold him Accountable for doing the right thing.  while a “bad” woman will either Do nothing or even promote bad decisions/actions.

By all accounts Ruggs was considered a decent guy before this.  Sometimes major events happen Because someone close by either lacked the strength to stop a bad situation.  I’m not blaming his GF, as Ruggs is ultimately responsible for his own actions, but I do seriously question how anyone let’s their significant other drink THAT much and drive…. AND drive anywhere over 120mph.  For me at least…. Im willing to accept some degree of “fkery”, but there’s always a firm line.  I can accept having 2-3 drinks over the long night and driving…. I can accept IF stone cold sober doing a 0-80 drag run on that road…. I can accept 100-110 on an empty highway straightaway….. but geeze at what point was she going to say stop?  I’d put money on the fact that she was egging him on to drive fast.  Cuz if she starts yelling to slow down at 80…. 90….. 100 There ain’t no way he’s getting to 156…. Even in that corvette.

• Like 1

Anybody else read that article about teams knowing grudocks draft likes ? SMH, apparently, plenty knew they wanted leatherwhiff, so no need to trade ahead for a player they knew was gonna be available. Also, apparently they were so in love with HR3 that they turned down an offer to trade back to 14 with Tampa (that included a 3rd swap and like a 4th and 6th) because they were afraid they’d lose him to the whiners (who supposedly were looking at wirfs and kinlaw which I personally believe cuz if they wanted a wr lamb and jeudy were still on the board at 13!!). Nothing we didn’t already know or suspect, but definitely confirms their stupid *ss “tunnel vision “.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Anybody else read that article about teams knowing grudocks draft likes ? SMH, apparently, plenty knew they wanted leatherwhiff, so no need to trade ahead for a player they knew was gonna be available. Also, apparently they were so in love with HR3 that they turned down an offer to trade back to 14 with Tampa (that included a 3rd swap and like a 4th and 6th) because they were afraid they’d lose him to the whiners (who supposedly were looking at wirfs and kinlaw which I personally believe cuz if they wanted a wr lamb and jeudy were still on the board at 13!!). Nothing we didn’t already know or suspect, but definitely confirms their stupid *ss “tunnel vision “.  

The Tampa trade offer that we turned down became news just after the draft.  I feel like I remember Mayock even semi-acknowledging it In an interview.  

To be honest a 4th, 6th, and moving from #80/81 to #77 really isn’t that much to turn down.  I was THE first one to get on Mayock for his inability to trade back but that one I can ignore.  

But it absolutely is another example in a long line of mistakes, missed opportunities, and inefficiencies in drafting by Mayock+ Gruden.  I believe they just didn’t understand the “process” like all the other GMs do on a fundamental/philosophy level.

I’d love to read that article btw.  Do you have a link or remember where you saw it?

Edit:  I just want to add….

It seems like Mayock didn’t have the relationships, and that could be for many reasons, to be able to call up a team and feel them out.  He could have called up SF and got with a good idea of certainty who they wanted to take, if he played it right.  It’s almost like he was sitting there thinking “Well…. I did promise Gruden I’d take Ruggs and I can’t go back on that” or “I did promise Cable I’d take Leatherwood”.  That’s what happens when you try and satisfy a coach like Gruden or even worse a position coach.  

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It could have been Gruden’s fault…. I could see him getting excited to talk football and yelling out who he really does love like an idiot.  But then again, we did let go of our scouts a few days before the draft in 2019.  Sent them all home.  And it was said there were concerns about leaks and not having everyone’s trust.  That was very very odd.  That did happen in 2019 and we didn’t trade back for Ruggs in 2020, but maybe the culprit was not found and the issues continued.

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-send-scouts-home-before-draft-fearing-leaks-0ap3000001027128

in 2019 we reached for Ferrell.  And rumor was we couldn’t get a trade down partner.  It’s an unpopular opinion but I think Ferrell was going to go in the 9-16 range.  It very very well could have been a scout who leaked Ferrell, maybe because he thought it was a ridiculous pick or maybe he was snitching to get future employment.  Did any of our scouts end up leaving and going to any other team after that draft?

Edited by jimkelly02