Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 8/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Dude it’s ab and you should know society picks and chooses who they allow to speak this way. It’s the same on both sides. 

We’ll agree to disagree bro, that simple. Don’t wish to carry this on any further cough. Let’s just talk raiders. Lol I know, I mentioned it, that’s my bad cuz I knew someone would rebut. Should’ve just deleted it. 

49 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

We’ll agree to disagree bro, that simple. Don’t wish to carry this on any further cough. Let’s just talk raiders. Lol I know, I mentioned it, that’s my bad cuz I knew someone would rebut. Should’ve just deleted it. 

🍻

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Derek Carr at #65 in player ratings, pretty solid for a soft, mentally weak, afraid QB, LOL.

yes, yes, i know, the nfl players dont know what they are talking about 😆

Carr has improved but when most of us were criticizing Carr he was not on the list so I guess we are all correct just our opinion has changed as he has changed.  I still would not rank him that high.  Not until he can produce TDs and execute in the red zone.  Blame the coaches if you want but he was still the leader of the team that struggled in the red zone.  Coach makes a bad play call then audible out.  You think great QBs just go out there like robots and do exactly what the coaches say?  I do not think he is afraid but gets rattled easier than other QBs.  He was scared for a couple years.  I do not think he is mentally weak but is prone to lose track of what is going on when things break down.  I do not think he is soft but at the same time he is not strong enough to put this team on his back and carry them.  I think he has plenty of talent and room to grow but I do not think he is where we need him to be to become Super Bowl contenders.  At the end of the day that is what matters.

Out of the top 25 TD passers Carr ranks 25th in yards per TD.

In yards per TD using the top passers in yards he ranks 24th.  Trevor Lawrence is the only one that is worse.

Maybe this year he fixes it and I will be very happy but I am not putting a QB who can not produce points in the top 100 players in the league.  He also ranked 19th in TD/Int.    I am begging Carr to prove me wrong so I can wear my #4 jersey with pride.  I want 30 plus TDs and under 15 Ints before I start beating the Carr drum again.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Carr has improved but when most of us were criticizing Carr he was not on the list so I guess we are all correct just our opinion has changed as he has changed.  I still would not rank him that high.  Not until he can produce TDs and execute in the red zone.  Blame the coaches if you want but he was still the leader of the team that struggled in the red zone.  Coach makes a bad play call then audible out.  You think great QBs just go out there like robots and do exactly what the coaches say?  I do not think he is afraid but gets rattled easier than other QBs.  He was scared for a couple years.  I do not think he is mentally weak but is prone to lose track of what is going on when things break down.  I do not think he is soft but at the same time he is not strong enough to put this team on his back and carry them.  I think he has plenty of talent and room to grow but I do not think he is where we need him to be to become Super Bowl contenders.  At the end of the day that is what matters.

Out of the top 25 TD passers Carr ranks 25th in yards per TD.

In yards per TD using the top passers in yards he ranks 24th.  Trevor Lawrence is the only one that is worse.

Maybe this year he fixes it and I will be very happy but I am not putting a QB who can not produce points in the top 100 players in the league.  He also ranked 19th in TD/Int.    I am begging Carr to prove me wrong so I can wear my #4 jersey with pride.  I want 30 plus TDs and under 15 Ints before I start beating the Carr drum again.

100% agree, he needs to audible better. .the last playcall against the bengals was so dumb, but he went with it cause he believed in Zay. just inexcusible to have waller and renfrow nowhere near the endzone there. 

But when we take Waller / Renfrow off the field completely, there isnt much he can do. 

I really think our redzone O improves this year. 
Waller came out and said, Gruden didnt have a plan for him in the redzone, mindblowingly frustrating. 

Carr has a lot to prove in the redzone, I have no problem with that statement. Our WRs will not be an excuse this year. Our play calling I pray is not an excuse, (and if it is, agreed Carr can audible). 

There arent player specific stats like 30TDs I care about, I want our team redzone success to be top 10. With Adams, Renfrow and Waller there is no reason for it not to be. But if teams are spread out to cover our WRs, i expect Josh to eat. If Carr ends up with 28 TDs, but our rushing attack is on fire in the Redzone,  I wont blame Carr or hold that against him. We just need redzone TDs. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

100% agree, he needs to audible better. .the last playcall against the bengals was so dumb, but he went with it cause he believed in Zay. just inexcusible to have waller and renfrow nowhere near the endzone there. 

But when we take Waller / Renfrow off the field completely, there isnt much he can do. 

I really think our redzone O improves this year. 
Waller came out and said, Gruden didnt have a plan for him in the redzone, mindblowingly frustrating. 

Carr has a lot to prove in the redzone, I have no problem with that statement. Our WRs will not be an excuse this year. Our play calling I pray is not an excuse, (and if it is, agreed Carr can audible). 

There arent player specific stats like 30TDs I care about, I want our team redzone success to be top 10. With Adams, Renfrow and Waller there is no reason for it not to be. But if teams are spread out to cover our WRs, i expect Josh to eat. If Carr ends up with 28 TDs, but our rushing attack is on fire in the Redzone,  I wont blame Carr or hold that against him. We just need redzone TDs. 

I agree.  The 30+ TD and less than 15 Ints is more about have a 2+ ratio which he should be able to reach after the contract he received.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Yea truthfully he should be around 3:1, I dont expect a lot of INTs

That would be amazing.  30 TDs should not be difficult either if everyone stays healthy.

Renfrow  6-8

Waller  8-10

Adams 12-15

That is 26 on the low end and I would expect a few from the RBs.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Yea truthfully he should be around 3:1, I dont expect a lot of INTs

Wagering a guess at 33-9

Waller, Renfrow, and Adams aren't targets that tip passes or allow many INTs when thrown to. 

RB passes rarely result in picks. 

If the INTs break 10, I'll be pretty surprised. Before things fell apart for 2021 in terms of targets, Carr was on a pretty good streak of low INTs. I'm hoping we adopt some of the Pats old dink and dunk offense. I think that works well with Waller, Renfrow, and Adams' play style. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wagering a guess at 33-9

Waller, Renfrow, and Adams aren't targets that tip passes or allow many INTs when thrown to. 

RB passes rarely result in picks. 

If the INTs break 10, I'll be pretty surprised. Before things fell apart for 2021 in terms of targets, Carr was on a pretty good streak of low INTs. I'm hoping we adopt some of the Pats old dink and dunk offense. I think that works well with Waller, Renfrow, and Adams' play style. 

Yea if over 10 Ints, I dont see the 3:1, but a 30 TD 9Int season doesnt seem that unreachable to me. 
Truthfully, with drops / tips end of game or half scenarios, etc, I only expect 4-5 Ints that id deem 100% on Carr. 

I agree dink and dunk will be our game plan, with shots here and there, but there will be an emphasis on getting players the ball in space, I think. Which should really help keep the ints lowered. Pats are all about ball security, which I am sure we are preaching (obviously every team does, but, I think it is critical to our success)

• Like 1