Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 5/12/2019 at 10:17 AM, raidr4life said:

Something to do, play along if you wish... 

Most Overrated: Worley 

Most Underrated: Pj hall

Best Player: Hankins

Key New Addition: Trent Brown

Could Surprise: Cotton sr (rookie og)

Takes a Leap: Arden Key 

Prove it Year: Derek Carr

Was listing to the Podcast that Vic Tafur does and he mentioned that the Raiders wanted Arden Key to put on weight and he is not where the Raiders would want him to be at. 

Only his second year but feels like a make or break year for him already:

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Was listing to the Podcast that Vic Tafur does and he mentioned that the Raiders wanted Arden Key to put on weight and he is not where the Raiders would want him to be at. 

I wouldn't go that far. He came on well late in the year and created some pressure. He definitely needs to learn how to finish though.

It's disappointing to hear he hasn't hit the staff's goal, but that doesn't mean we are going to move on from him.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

huh?

People out here putting this much pressure on football players and games because it's all they have lol

It's his second year. He is 3 years from entering his prime.

10 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

huh?

People out here putting this much pressure on football players and games because it's all they have lol

It's his second year. He is 3 years from entering his prime.

Huh? Key is not getting three more years to prove himself. Most players playing at Keys current level are out of the league in 3-4 years, not “entering their prime”. 

This is definitely a prove it year for Key or else he will be a situational pass rusher the following two years and his contract will not be renewed. 

You defend all and any Raider players and coaches, you are actually a bigger homer than EA in disguise, just don’t have that homer personality. 

You’ve defended Al Davis over the years, fought tooth and nail for McKenzie, tooth and nail for KNJ the worst DC in Raiders History, currently fighting for Tom Cable and the only person doing so, currently acting like Carr is god, never ends. 

Key will get his chance to start this year but if it’s anything like last year he’s definitely not getting another chance. He’s always been best served as a situational pass rusher anyways. 

• Like 1

Key is not getting three years to prove himself. This is a huge year for Key if he doesn’t the Raiders will replace him so yes it’s a make or break year for him. He doesn’t need to get double digit sacks, but he does need to play better and get the sack number to 6 or 7. 

I was reading how the Raiders are one of four teams in the running for hard knocks. Giants, Lions, Redskins are the others. 

For entertainment purposes which I’m sure HBO and the NFL wants I don’t see how it’s not the Raiders. I would prefer it to be next year so we can get a glimpse into the move to Vegas and stuff like that. 

The Raiders could use some more good exposure and help highlight some of their players. I think they get selected this year.  

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Key will get his chance to start this year but if it’s anything like last year he’s definitely not getting another chance. He’s always been best served as a situational pass rusher anyways. 

Pretty sure the staff doesn't expect him to be anything more than a designated pass rusher this season.

Defensive coordinator Paul Guenther said something that tipped off Key’s prospective role for the upcoming season. “Arden can play in the role we envisioned for him last draft,” Guenther said to The Athletic’s Vic Tafur.

It’s a straightforward answer that doesn’t require a lot of detective work. The Raiders selected Key in the third round of the 2018 draft with Mack and Bruce Irvin on the roster, which indicates a situational pass-rushing role or third pocket-pusher in the nickel package.

https://nflspinzone.com/2019/05/11/oakland-raiders-arden-key-role-2019-guenther/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Key is not getting three years to prove himself. This is a huge year for Key if he doesn’t the Raiders will replace him so yes it’s a make or break year for him. He doesn’t need to get double digit sacks, but he does need to play better and get the sack number to 6 or 7. 

On 5/14/2019 at 11:33 PM, BayRaider said:

Huh? Key is not getting three more years to prove himself. Most players playing at Keys current level are out of the league in 3-4 years, not “entering their prime”. 

This is definitely a prove it year for Key or else he will be a situational pass rusher the following two years and his contract will not be renewed. 

You defend all and any Raider players and coaches, you are actually a bigger homer than EA in disguise, just don’t have that homer personality. 

You’ve defended Al Davis over the years, fought tooth and nail for McKenzie, tooth and nail for KNJ the worst DC in Raiders History, currently fighting for Tom Cable and the only person doing so, currently acting like Carr is god, never ends. 

So you think he's getting cut if he gets 5 sacks this year. Stop being dramatic. I know it's the off-season and all but come on. As already pointed out by @oakdb36 he will get to play in the position he was drafted for last year. This rush to cast him as a finished product by some is asinine.

and @BayRaider :

When did I defend Al Davis for his mess at the end?

I definitely don't remember that. I may have praised his early success with risk taking, his football knowledge and innovation but I also hated what he did to the team in the last decade he was in charge.

Yup, I went to bat for Reggie because I liked his what he did for the team coming off of the Al Davis/Hue Jackson struggles and wanted to give KNJ a chance. I pointed out that Cable does somethings well and provided a realistic outlook on Carr. Just because I choose to not all out bash anyone that makes a mistake or two that is involved with this team doesn't make me a homer. It makes me a more tolerant and realistic person than some on this board. period.

Go read a book or something.

• Like 1