OROY

pnies20

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It is whatever the voters want to base it on. Same voters who do All-Pro so maybe Nelson has a chance.

Nelson has an argument. Baker is the most impactful because of position. Barkley put up the stats.  but if we’re going sticky base on who played the best it’s nelson. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Why have an offensive and defensive player of the year and then give the general rookie of the year to another player?

Because it's a cop out on PFWA. They've had this overall ROY award for like 6 or 7 years now, and I'm pretty sure this is the first time they've had someone different for all 3 awards. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So fans of the runner up can save some face on internet forums.

I'm guessing the overall rookie award is like an MVP award which is easily Mayfield this year. Offensive rookie could go either way depending on what you like more but if it was most valuable rookie Baker might get every vote, at least the vast majority.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

I'm guessing the overall rookie award is like an MVP award which is easily Mayfield this year. Offensive rookie could go either way depending on what you like more but if it was most valuable rookie Baker might get every vote, at least the vast majority.

Agreed.

Glad Barkley got his participation trophy tho.

tenor.gif?itemid=4195535 

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

lol c'mon, poor guy probably has a less than five percent chance of ever winning another award because QBs dominate them. I wouldn't hate it if he won OROY.

Me either, just having a little fun.

He can win whatever rookie awards there are left, I’m cool with Baker.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Me either, just having a little fun.

He can win whatever rookie awards there are left, I’m cool with Baker.

Well the only one left is the only one anyone cares about, for whatever reason they care about it. Still, Mayfield is already almost a superstar and Barkley probably has a few rough years (team) ahead so he needs this. Mayfield just has to worry about keeping up with the Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the only one left is the only one anyone cares about, for whatever reason they care about it.

Isn’t that the fan vote one?  Meh...

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Still, Mayfield is already almost a superstar and Barkley probably has a few rough years (team) ahead so he needs this. Mayfield just has to worry about keeping up with the Mahomes.

Yeah, if he keeps doing his thing it won’t really matter what Barkley does.

Archived