Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

"Kyrie's potential" he's 26, this is his peak, like he's magically going to suddenly have it "click". This is who he is. A good/great player who's not worth building a franchise around.

26 is his peak...based on what precedent...elite players dont hit their peak until 30 and 31 and some have sustained greatness after that...

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

26 is his peak...based on what precedent...elite players dont hit their peak until 30 and 31 and some have sustained greatness after that...

Kyrie isn't an elite player. He's a very good player, but he never has been and never will be an elite player. He plays negative defense, he's not THAT efficient (IT was more efficient last year with a higher usage rate) and, yes, he has peaked, what 'next level' is he going to hit? Most players who's game revolves around their athleticism first and foremost peak in their mid-20's.

21 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Kyrie isn't an elite player. He's a very good player, but he never has been and never will be an elite player. He plays negative defense, he's not THAT efficient (IT was more efficient last year with a higher usage rate) and, yes, he has peaked, what 'next level' is he going to hit? Most players who's game revolves around their athleticism first and foremost peak in their mid-20's.

Basic Box Score Stats
Starters MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS +/-
LeBron James 42:38 16 30 .533 4 8 .500 5 8 .625 4 12 16 7 3 3 2 1 41 +13
Tristan Thompson 41:32 1 3 .333 0 0   4 10 .400 3 12 15 0 1 2 0 1 6 +11
Kyrie Irving 39:47 17 24 .708 5 7 .714 2 2 1.000 0 3 3 6 2 1 4 4 41 +20
Kevin Love 32:53 1 5 .200 0 3 .000 0 0   0 3 3 1 0 1 2 4 2 +18
J.R. Smith 30:43 3 9 .333 1 2 .500 3 3 1.000 1 1 2 1 1 0 1 5 10 +11

Not elite He's scored 56 or more in a game...in the finals like game 5 he had 41 and 6 on 17 of 24 shooting...I wonder what elite is...

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

So I'm the only that thinks the Nets pick is not guaranteed to be a top 3 pick? I mean it could be but I think they'll be a slighter better than expected and it ends up 4-9ish. 

Too hard to know atm. There are some very bad teams this year.

3 minutes ago, kempus said:

Too hard to know atm. There are some very bad teams this year.

And those teams will have incentive to tank for good players. Brooklyn will not. They could pull off a random stretch at the end of the season winning 8/10 games to squash this. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

And those teams will have incentive to tank for good players. Brooklyn will not. They could pull off a random stretch at the end of the season winning 8/10 games to squash this. 

Yeah, they have no reason to lose. However, I'm not sure their roster is good enough to actually win. I think the pick will be top 5.

1 minute ago, kempus said:

Yeah, they have no reason to lose. However, I'm not sure their roster is good enough to actually win. I think the pick will be top 5.

Yea it really isn't a great roster and you could argue with losing Lopez despite adding a few more guys it's more or less gonna be the same caliber team. I just think they'll be a little better. Not great but not worst team in the NBA. I'm gonna hold on my prediction that the pick will be 4-9 range. Probably closer to 4 though if I had to bet on it. 

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Yea it really isn't a great roster and you could argue with losing Lopez despite adding a few more guys it's more or less gonna be the same caliber team. I just think they'll be a little better. Not great but not worst team in the NBA. I'm gonna hold on my prediction that the pick will be 4-9 range. Probably closer to 4 though if I had to bet on it. 

You could argue that Phoenix, Orlando, Chicago, Indiana and Sacramento are worse. Maybe LA and Hawks too.

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

good analysis...nets definitely not guaranteed top pick...

two elite players next year...if they have the number 3 pick...this trade is bad bad

You lost me back when you called Jayson Tatum a transcendent talent.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Madbum of the NBA?  Seems to put it together on the big stage.

I'm neither mad nor happy about the trade honestly. Kyrie is certainly a better player than IT and he's only 25 and has a great coach to work with now, I'll see if Stevens can get him to play within an offense or play any defense but I'm not holding my breath. At least he's a better defender than IT and performs far better in the playoffs.

What I love is people who crap on Danny when he holds onto his "assets" and then turn around and crap on him when he trades his "assets".

Overall the Celtics got better this off-season, Cavs got worse. Thats a win in my book and gets us one step closer to the finals so we can lose to the Warriors.