Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

21 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

You lost me back when you called Jayson Tatum a transcendent talent.

he will be...Lonzo Ball, Fultz, and Tatum all have a chance to be. There a few natural scorers with the length that Jayson has at the 3 positions...he can truly score at will...did you see him in the summer league...the talent is there...point is Jayson Tatuma and the nets pick was a necessary return that the cavs didnt pull off

Edited by Mind Character

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

he will be...Lonzo Ball, Fultz, and Tatum all have a chance to be. There a few natural scorers with the length that Jayson has at the 3 positions...he can truly score at will...did you see him in the summer league...the talent is there...point is Jayson Tatuma and the nets pick was a necessary return that the cavs didnt pull off

You're using the term transcendent very loosely.  When you're talking about transcendent, you're talking about a player doing it on a level that's rare in the NBA.  There's nothing about Tatum's skillset that is incredibly rare.

10 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I'm neither mad nor happy about the trade honestly. Kyrie is certainly a better player than IT and he's only 25 and has a great coach to work with now, I'll see if Stevens can get him to play within an offense or play any defense but I'm not holding my breath. At least he's a better defender than IT and performs far better in the playoffs.

What I love is people who crap on Danny when he holds onto his "assets" and then turn around and crap on him when he trades his "assets".

Overall the Celtics got better this off-season, Cavs got worse. Thats a win in my book and gets us one step closer to the finals so we can lose to the Warriors.

Awwww yea that's what it's all about get that 2019 NBA Finals Participant banner ready. ?

Edited by kyle21121
Wrong year. Not this upcoming finals Cavs still going.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You're using the term transcendent very loosely.  When you're talking about transcendent, you're talking about a player doing it on a level that's rare in the NBA.  There's nothing about Tatum's skillset that is incredibly rare.

There are maybe 5 "transcendent" level talent guys in the league at any given moment in time. 

Tatum isn't anywhere in the stratosphere of the recent surging of unicorns into the league. Good shooter, lacks premier athletic upside. Nothing about that screams "generational talent" simply because he was a lottery pick.

Alright...While one side is way overplaying Tatum, simply calling him a good shooter is on the reverse side of that spectrum as well.

Dudes one of the most offensively polished rookies I can remember in some time. I know its summer league but he was scoring with post moves, pull up jumpers, Dirk fade aways, spot up jumpers, finishing with his left and right at the rim with contact. Tatum has a very diverse offensive game, but yeah transcendent talent is insane. His absolute best case scenario is Paul Pierce IMO and thats not transcendent.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Kyrie isn't an elite player. He's a very good player, but he never has been and never will be an elite player. He plays negative defense, he's not THAT efficient (IT was more efficient last year with a higher usage rate) and, yes, he has peaked, what 'next level' is he going to hit? Most players who's game revolves around their athleticism first and foremost peak in their mid-20's.

Since when has Kyrie depended on his athleticism? Plus part of his growth could be playing a new role.

54 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Overall the Celtics got better this off-season, Cavs got worse. Thats a win in my book and gets us one step closer to the finals so we can lose to the Warriors.

Did the Cavs really get worse though? In terms of next season, assuming IT is healthy, it's a wash at worst.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The pick and Zizic are insurance for LeBron leaving, not to convince him to stay.  Thomas and Crowder are there to help win this season.

Ok kool. But people are assuming that the pick is automatically top 3 lol. Say for instance it's a low lottery pick then what? 

So Cavs are banking on that pick being a high lottery pick essentially?

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ok kool. But people are assuming that the pick is automatically top 3 lol. Say for instance it's a low lottery pick then what? 

So Cavs are banking on that pick being a high lottery pick essentially?

The Nets are one injury away from being the worst team in the league again so.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Nets are one injury away from being the worst team in the league again so.

They are? Who is that one injury? The Nets are a better team than they were last year. Lost Brook but got better everywhere else. 

That pick not gonna be as high as people think lol

Edited by Kip Smithers

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

You could be right about my use of Transcendent....I do think his skillset with length and the ability to score at his size off the dribble is rare and special..but that's just my opinion

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Quantify the difference between an 82 game sample size and a 10 or so game sample size in terms of, well, why the smaller sample should mean more.

SSS means nothing to me.

Because there is a major difference between the regular season and the post season.  I said previously that Thomas has not shown that he can come through during big moments in the post season.  The big moments I am referring to would be this upcoming eastern conference finals and the NBA Finals.  Kyrie Irving was also terrific in the regular season, but he comes to play on the biggest stages.  I will give you an example of what I am referring to: This year, during the NBA Finals Klay Thompson played amazing defense on Kyrie Irving, but Irving was still able to have some ridiculous moments.  If you put Isaiah Thomas on that stage with that pressure you think he comes up as big as Irving can and has?  I guess we will find out, but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

"Kyrie's potential" he's 26, this is his peak, like he's magically going to suddenly have it "click". This is who he is. A good/great player who's not worth building a franchise around.

The Celtics are not building their franchise around Kyrie Irving.  The Celtics are a really good team and have an excellent young head coach.  This is not a one or two man team like the Knicks would have been had Irving been traded there instead.  Also, I do not believe this is Irving's peak.  I still think he has room to grow and improve as a player.  I said on the old forum a couple of years ago that Kyrie Irving seriously has the potential to be a 50/40/90 player and last season his percentages were - 47.3/40.1/90.5, so he came pretty close to accomplishing that feat.  Irving just had his best season as a player last year and I still think he has more room for improvement.  

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

lol, IT deferring to Love? Oh, sweetheart, you naive young man.  

IT will do what Lebron tells him to do. Love should have a huge year this year. 

Not excited to get that garbage but Crowder and the pick make up for it. 

Hell IT could be the #4 on this team

5 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't know about the Cavs getting worse. Yeah they down graded at PG but crowder is huge for the bench and defense. Just have to hope a platoon of Rose and IT can make up he points from Irving. The wild card is what the Cavs will do with the pick. Will they sit on it to draft someone or use it to trade for someone. 

Cleveland is still winning the East tho