AFC Wild Card: Chargers @ Ravens

JAF-N72EX

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think the collapse matters much because they won.  This type of stuff happens all the time.  Teams get a pretty good sized lead late in the game (4th quarter) and then they start to play really conservatively while the team that's losing gives no F's because they're down and are willing to take more risk.  It happens pretty often.

Not concerned at all for the Chargers at all.

I think I'm concerned about how easily and quickly the TDs were given up at the end. Casey Hayward got complacent or something.

3 minutes ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

I wish I was that confident. Aren't the Pats on a 9 game streak at Foxboro in the playoffs or something ridiculous?

Even if they weren’t. Winning in the playoffs is hard. Beating the Patriots is hard. Winning on the road is hard. Chargers won’t win if they don’t play their best game but it feels so good to be playing in the divisional round. 

Chargers are undefeated outside of Los Angeles since 2017. To quote another poster, “Los Angeles hates the Chargers and the Chargers hate Los Angeles.”

Damn, I was going to go to the Chargers sub GDT and congratulate them and talk about Derwin James, but there is no GDT...not even a postseason thread....wtf y'all?!

Derwin James is a freaking stud, man. I'm so angry we passed up on him for Hayden Hurst. Even with the mis-judged ball late in the game, he was all over the field today (and all season) and it's truly ridiculous that you guys got him at 16.

A shame Chargers Pats is the Sunday game. Looks like a good one on paper. 

I could cheer for the Colts over KC on the Saturday, would be way funner to have 5 vs 6 in the Championship game, but can't take the risk of the Pats getting given another HFA, so am going to have to root for the Chiefs. 

My money is on the Pats, but the notion that they cant beat the Pats because they nearly lost to the Lamar Jackson Ravens (when the Ravens have a much better D than the Pats, too) is just stupid.

Last time I checked, the Pats lost to a Ravens team back in 2012 that lost to Charlie Batch and nearly lost to Byron Leftwich.   The whole "They lost to this team, so they dont have a chance vs this team" is always a stupid argument.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Damn, I was going to go to the Chargers sub GDT and congratulate them and talk about Derwin James, but there is no GDT...not even a postseason thread....wtf y'all?!

Derwin James is a freaking stud, man. I'm so angry we passed up on him for Hayden Hurst. Even with the mis-judged ball late in the game, he was all over the field today (and all season) and it's truly ridiculous that you guys got him at 16.

Sorry. There is only like 8 of us since the move. If Rivers retires we may be down to like three. Thank you for the good wishes and you’ve got a lot moving forward. Derwin is great. We got unbelievably lucky everyone ahead of us passed on him. 

14 minutes ago, game3525 said:

The other QBs aren't bringing that defense. 

Baltimore's front 7 is a different animal from NE.

Any Pats fan acting like they arent worried about the Chargers, the best road team this season, coming to Foxboro, they are lying to themselves and everyone else.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

On a side note, so happy that we didn't lose to Eric Weddle again. I lost all respect for him after what happened in 2015.

I really don’t think he deserves to be the bad guy in that story. Maybe he didn’t bend the knee enough to Spanos but I can’t really blame anyone for that. 

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Any Pats fan acting like they arent worried about the Chargers, the best road team this season, coming to Foxboro, they are lying to themselves and everyone else.

It should be a good game. The best home team in the league vs the best road team in the league (along with NO). 

Just now, Boltstrikes said:

I really don’t think he deserves to be the bad guy in that story. Maybe he didn’t bend the knee enough to Spanos but I can’t really blame anyone for that. 

He would still be with us if he didn't pull that nonsense during the offseason. Not to mention lying and misleading people about a variety of things like being fined for watching his daughter at halftime. Guess what Weddle, Scifres and other players also had kids playing at halftime and they didn't get fined because they actually asked permission ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

My bigger concern for the Chargers is that they don't bring the pass-rush in the way that usually throws Brady off, when pass rush manages to throw Brady off.  And I don't know that I have confidence in Bradley (even after today) to move Bosa more inside to try to achieve that end.

Archived