NFC Wild Card Philadelphia @ Chicago

SBLIII

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

What up man?

I still stand by by statement..if you think Mitch was the worst starting QB of all playoffs QBs after this weekend then  somethings wrong with how you assess QB play. 

Haha my man too proud say ram gawd was right. No running game and mitch at home while not the worst wasn’t the best. How many dropped INT? 3??? 

Yall were pounding your chest real hard! 

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

Good for you. Some people expect more from a so called franchise QB. If bringing up GB and it’s well documented failures makes you feel better about your team, by all means. It doesnt make the Bears failure, losing to a 9-7 team in their own house, any less of a failure though. 

I see. My expectations for Trubisky are too low? What exactly should I have expected out of a 2nd year QB who had a whopping 12 starts in college in his first playoff game against the defending champs? What should my expectations have been? Do you feel I have settled for him just setting them up for a game winning FG? I need you to be my zen master. Explain to me how to be a fan.

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Philly's defense deserves a lot more credit than they're currently receiving. They were damn impressive.

Overall, I agree.  However, their handful of breakdowns resulted in huge plays for the Bears.  Corners still biting on double-fakes and they didn't attack Trubisky nearly as much as they should have IMO.  The D was very good AT TIMES today but they will need to play significantly better to beat Brees and that Saints squad. 

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

I see. My expectations for Trubisky are too low? What exactly should I have expected out of a 2nd year QB who had a whopping 12 starts in college in his first playoff game against the defending champs? What should my expectations have been? Do you feel I have settled for him just setting them up for a game winning FG? I need you to be my zen master. Explain to me how to be a fan.

To be fair. The Eagles are on like their 5th string Corners. Starting a Rookie, a 2nd year player who was basically written off until mid season out of necessity, and a practice squad journeyman. 

Just now, pwny said:

Well that’s interesting. 

Is that clearly? I'm not convinced he actually got a piece of it since the ball doesn't seem to change trajectory in the least... although I suppose it wouldn't immediately change if you're only getting the tip of your finger on it at point blank range. Either way SHAME on NBC for never showing this angle and instead showing every Parkey miss off the post during the regular season. Not only robs fans of seeing what may have been play of the game, but adds so much fuel to the Parkey hate fire.

Just now, childofpudding said:

Last year the Eagles won their first playoff game on a Julio Jones drop, this year on a FG that hit the upright, crossbar and then bounced out.

What kind of voodoo priest do they have on salary over there?

DT2o-ppXkAEDvan.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shoeless said:

Overall, I agree.  However, their handful of breakdowns resulted in huge plays for the Bears.  Corners still biting on double-fakes and they didn't attack Trubisky nearly as much as they should have IMO.  The D was very good AT TIMES today but they will need to play significantly better to beat Brees and that Saints squad. 

It wasn't perfect, but it was all you could ask for. Considering how banged up your secondary is, and who filled in, you should be pretty happy with how admirable they played and the end result. If i told you yesterday you'd hold them to 15 points without forcing any turnovers you'd be (or at least I'd hope you be) ecstatic. 

Just now, Danger said:

To be fair. The Eagles are on like their 5th string Corners. Starting a Rookie, a 2nd year player who was basically written off until mid season out of necessity, and a practice squad journeyman. 

How'd their d line look? And again, he went 26/43 for 303 1 TD and 0 Ints. That's perfectly acceptable. I don't know what else people want from him. Want to argue the offense as a whole wasn't great? I'd agree with that statement. But Trubisky was good enough to win. 

1 minute ago, Pool said:

My point is Tribisky is going to have to pick his game up. For a second year QB, he had a very solid season backed up by a historically good defense. Tribs has all the tools to get better. Like I said earlier in the thread, this will be a big off season for him to take another leap from year two to year three. If he does, the Bears will be a force. I’m not blaming Tribisky for the shortcomings as it’s par for the course with young QB’s. He needed to play a better game in order for them to win today. That didn’t happen. It’s expected from a young QB but just because he’s young and lacks the experience of 5+ years vets, doesn’t make him above reproach. This will be a big off season for him. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is that clearly? I'm not convinced he actually got a piece of it since the ball doesn't seem to change trajectory in the least... although I suppose it wouldn't immediately change if you're only getting the tip of your finger on it at point blank range. Either way SHAME on NBC for never showing this angle and instead showing every Parkey miss off the post during the regular season. Not only robs fans of seeing what may have been play of the game, but adds so much fuel to the Parkey hate fire.

You can see his fingers bend back as they hit the ball. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Considering how banged up your secondary is, and who filled in, you should be pretty happy with how admirable they played and the end result. If i told you yesterday you'd hold them to 15 points without forcing any turnovers you'd be (or at least I'd hope you be) ecstatic. 

Avonte Maddox was being absolutely thrown around like a middle school kid in the 2nd half by Robinson. If he plays like that next week, we are gone before you can say "When the Saints come marching in."

Archived