NFC Wild Card Philadelphia @ Chicago

SBLIII

3 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

So criticizing Tribisky and that offense for only putting up 15 points while having a +2 turnover differential is being a hater? Yes, Tribs got the team in position to win by relying on his kicker to make a 40+ yard FG. He does get credit for that. However, that doesn’t just erase the rest of the game and his inability to lead his offense to points. He needs to be better if the Bears want to make a SB run. It’s that simple. 

BDN and the Eagles scored 16. And it took two defensive penalties for them to get a TD. What exactly is your point? If you are arguing that Trubs is deserving of a lot of blame in the loss then that's just silliness. The Bears did not utilize Howard properly and a lot of the play calling was not good. I don't care how the rest of the game went. If you put your team in a position to win the game you have done your job as QB. Period. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

He would have gotten the Lion's share if the credit had they won. That's just the way it works when you're the quarterback. 

He did enough to win, as evidenced by the fact that if they hit the fg, they would have won. He had them in the position to win. He could have been better in the first three quarters for sure. Does that mean he should get a share of the blame? Yeah, maybe. I don't think it's a big share though. Some credit has to go to the eagles defense. People tend to tear down rather than award credit on this forum. 

No doubt but everything you said was true.  Credit/blame always goes more towards the QB than it should.  

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

while it wouldve been nice (obviouslsy) to score more points, what throws didnt he make? I was very impressed from where he looked even earlier in the season, the ball looks great coming out of his hand and he was pretty accurate as well. I dont think anyone will say he was perfect but its the laziness of all lazy to say "trubisky only led them to 15 pts, needs to be better". They could easily win with the version of trubisky that played tonight, so yes, it would be haters gonna hate.

The larger point I think being that no one on offense should be given a large heap of credit for winning a game by scoring 18 points. Not even specifically about Trubisky. It's just a general viewpoint that some fans hold. Football being 4 quarters and not just 1 drive at the end of the game.

12 minutes ago, Pool said:

You can play that game with every QB in the league. There's always 2 or 3 coulda woulda passes every game.

Not really. Not every QB every game throws two balls right to the defender that get dropped. Does every QB have a questionable throw or two? Sure, but this was a case of the ball literally being thrown to the defender and just dropped. 

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

I took the high road with you despite the fact that you’re a fool. Catch that L *****. 

Hmmm. 16-15 loss to defending SB champs.

31-0 loss to the Lions.

Yup, I'm ok with how our season ended. :D

13 minutes ago, Pool said:

You can play that game with every QB in the league. There's always 2 or 3 coulda woulda passes every game.

No there isn't. Regardless, when those throws do happen you're supposed to hold that QB accountable; whether or not the golden turnover opportunity was botched by the defense. You don't sweep them under the rug like they never happened.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not really. Not every QB every game throws two balls right to the defender that get dropped. Does every QB have a questionable throw or two? Sure, but this was a case of the ball literally being thrown to the defender and just dropped. 

That is completely inaccurate. The almost pick 6 the db jumped the route. In no way was that thrown "right to him". I don't know what other play you are talking about nor do I really care to look it up. Every QB throws a questionable ball or two every single game. That's just the facts jack.

Tru was pretty bad that 1st half, both QBs were. However, he was much better in the 3rd, and then in the 4th he was absolute money and put the team on his back as the run game was completely shut down. This was despite likely being slowed by an injury and not being able to play with comfort of his legs. Young QB, 1st playoff start? Not bad. Eagles secondary is garbage on paper, and it did show towards the end, but overall they played really well and after that should have been INT to Sullivan in the end zone, I don't recall him making any noteworthy bad throws while throwing a few dimes.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

No there isn't. Regardless, when those throws do happen you're supposed to hold that QB accountable; whether or not the golden turnover opportunity was botched by the defense. You don't sweep them under the rug like they never happened.

Ok. I said he threw some bad balls already. He was lucky they weren't picked. What else would you like me to say? A couple of bad balls does not mean he played poorly. He didn't. Could he have played better? Sure. So could everybody. 

*edit* I'm really not going to pointlessly debate this with you but every QB does throw a bad ball or two every game. Are some more egregious than others? Sure. But to act like most QB's not named Trubisky have perfect ball placement on every throw is monumentally stupid.

Archived