BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 hours ago, BringinDaPain said:

BDP, has said that he would be here before the season starts and he is... Piss off Jlash.. No offense @rackcs but the Carolina Intimidators are not for the taking my friend..

Piss off is a favorite of yours isn't it?

Once you say it to every person you've disagreed with on here it loses some punch.

Edited by Jlash

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Personally I dont mind either way. I do echo concerns that Google docs get blocked at work and doing it on the phone is a pain, but having 24 hours should allow folks time at home.

Having specific increments isn't ideal but it's not devastating. If it helps save time and effort, I'm fine with it.

I didn't think about Google getting blocked at work. I'm having the issue too and that's a valid concern. 

The forum notification is not imho. First you have to do three clicks to check what bid of yours is still valid. Let's not be overly dramatic about this. Second, and that's a big one, instead of having to scroll through the whole thread to check what's the current highest bid on the player you got outbid on, the sheet already has it for you. Same for players you haven't bid on yet. To me, from a user standpoint, the sheet is the best solution. And I'm not even going to the organizer standpoint. 

But look if both @bcb1213 and @SirA1 don't want it, since they're as involved as me in the tracking of the Tank, I won't push for it

7 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

@TedLavie

Is there a way to manually enter a bid?  If so the winning gm can just enter the bid in once they've won.  Saves us sheet folks from putting it all in while keeping the open forum notification system in tact 

I'm thinking we can by changing the clock from 24h to 0. @ny92mike you agree? 

4 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Is there a way to change it to a 48 hour clock?

Yes. You thinking about FA? Cause I thought about it back in the day with Mike and we figured the rules were too complex for us to dive into it yet. If we do for the Tank and it's satisfying everyone, we could try to expand it to FA. 

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I'm thinking we can by changing the clock from 24h to 0. @ny92mike you agree? 

Yes. You thinking about FA? Cause I thought about it back in the day with Mike and we figured the rules were too complex for us to dive into it yet. If we do for the Tank and it's satisfying everyone, we could try to expand it to FA. 

I was thinking of the 48hour clock as a way to help alleviate the Work/Google issue. But yes having it only one time frame would work for FA as well.

I'm fine with giving it a shot TBH.

• Like 1

So what we can do as an intermediate solution : @SirA1 @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @WFLukic @pheltzbahr @BringinDaPain @PR @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Counselor @Whicker @Jlash @SwoleXmad @Hockey5djh @wwhickok

1. Switch to a 48 hour clock for this Shark tank only

2. We start on the sheet. By Tuesday afternoon we vote on whether we stay on the sheet or go back to forum bidding.

With a 48hr clock we won't have any bids finalized so it gives us a chance to test it out for real and switch if there are any concerns? 

Would that be OK for y'all? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

So what we can do as an intermediate solution : @SirA1 @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @WFLukic @pheltzbahr @BringinDaPain @PR @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Counselor @Whicker @Jlash @SwoleXmad @Hockey5djh @wwhickok

1. Switch to a 48 hour clock for this Shark tank only

2. We start on the sheet. By Tuesday afternoon we vote on whether we stay on the sheet or go back to forum bidding.

With a 48hr clock we won't have any bids finalized so it gives us a chance to test it out for real and switch if there are any concerns? 

Would that be OK for y'all? 

I'll try anything twice.....lets do this bad boy on the sheet and not waste mike's hard effort on that glorious bastard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Lots of hand injuries for my rooks.

Maxx Crosby broke his hand

Tytus Howard broke a finger

Hakeem Butler tore a muscle off the bone in his finger

Damien Harris had a hand injury

You forgot Jimmy G's inability to correctly use his throwing hand.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Lots of hand injuries for my rooks.

Maxx Crosby broke his hand

Tytus Howard broke a finger

Hakeem Butler tore a muscle off the bone in his finger

Damien Harris had a hand injury

I'm happy to have at least 3 of my drafted guys starting so far in McCoy, Allen and Deiter.

Hardman has looked good in the preseason as well.

• Like 1