BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

36 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Thanks,

So we're looking at March at best for the owner's meeting, pending on TCMD if some of you are in it

we can still do the meeting during tcmd.  if i recall all the drafting is time slotted so it's not something you really need to constantly be paying attention to

Side note: I'm sure this will probably be met with resistance but I'm willing to be a "Rules Keeper/Updater" to help take some stuff off @SirA1's plate. 

My thought on how this would work is as follows: Anything that needed clarification and/or gets answered I will post 1) What the rule currently states and 2) what the update/clarification will be that goes in the rules doc. Once I post this I will wait for four approvals before making the change official, nothing will be changed unilaterally. If there is any disagreement on the change or the interpretation we can either discuss it then and/or put it on the docket for the next summer/winter meeting for clarification.

Thoughts? Concerns?

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Side note: I'm sure this will probably be met with resistance but I'm willing to be a "Rules Keeper/Updater" to help take some stuff off @SirA1's plate. 

My thought on how this would work is as follows: Anything that needed clarification and/or gets answered I will post 1) What the rule currently states and 2) what the update/clarification will be that goes in the rules doc. Once I post this I will wait for four approvals before making the change official, nothing will be changed unilaterally. If there is any disagreement on the change or the interpretation we can either discuss it then and/or put it on the docket for the next summer/winter meeting for clarification.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Any changes to the rules requires a majority of all owners so 9 votes. It's not a quick process.

11 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Thoughts? Concerns?

I'm all for it. I've always been for responsabilities to be spread out. We can't have only SirA (or only you) in charge of this because there should always be a backup.

Attention owners

I'd like to start this year Owner's meeting before the draft. I'd start on March 1st

Idea is to keep things fresh in our mind when we vote on it. But be aware, especially the new guys, owners meeting is time consuming.

Simply put, are you for it (in case just say YES), or would you rather wait for June, when we have the Summer Owner Meeting (in which case, just say NO)

YES = Ted, Ruskie, Hockey, Jlash, Rags

NO = SirA, MD4L

Only for pre-draft/FA items = BCB

@Hockey5djh@bcb1213@Jlash@pheltzbahr@WFLukic@ny92mike@Ragnarok@RuskieTitan@Counselor@BringinDaPain

@PR@MD4L@Whicker@SwoleXmad@DingoLadd@SirA1

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Any changes to the rules requires a majority of all owners so 9 votes. It's not a quick process.

16 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I'm all for it. I've always been for responsabilities to be spread out. We can't have only SirA (or only you) in charge of this because there should always be a backup.

I'm not talking about changes, I'm talking about clarifications to rules that already exist. For example removing the word "remaining" from the 3up language or adding in the dates for 3up usage instead of just "all year round" shouldn't take 9 voters, they're just simple clarifications. Any changes would still need to go through the winter/summer meeting process and get the requisite votes. That said if you guys disagree with this I'm all ears.

I'm just trying to find a way to help.

Edited by Hockey5djh

4 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Attention owners

I'd like to start this year Owner's meeting before the draft. I'd start on March 1st

Idea is to keep things fresh in our mind when we vote on it. But be aware, especially the new guys, owners meeting is time consuming.

Simply put, are you for it (in case just say YES), or would you rather wait for June, when we have the Summer Owner Meeting (in which case, just say NO)

Yes.

29 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Attention owners

@Hockey5djh@bcb1213@Jlash@pheltzbahr@WFLukic@ny92mike@Ragnarok@RuskieTitan@Counselor@BringinDaPain

@PR@MD4L@Whicker@SwoleXmad@DingoLadd@SirA1

NO

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

i think I'm a yes if its for things that pertain to the draft/offseason

no to anything involving the season itself

As a reminder those are the items listed before (not complete, feel free to PM me if you want to have some items included)

1. Waivers claims for IR replacements should be the same position as the player who landed on IR

2. Create workbooks for PFA, Waivers

3. Reduction of the season (10 games reg.season + 3 playoffs)

4. Reduction of the amount of playoff teams (from 8 to 6)

5. Automatically remove retired players from a roster (can't be traded)

6. If no to rule 3, clarify the rules of postseason availability

7. Review league roles and responsabilities (guidelines and members of committees, rules workbook, roster guys ...) + create a rule workbook master that would update the rules workook as season goes on (Hockey)

8. Cancel owners meetings and instead create a process to vote on a rule proposal all year round

9. Unlock players under $700 salary on 1yr deals

10. Reduce roster size to 60

11. Create a Practice Squad system

12. Extend voting deadlines to Wednesday 11:59pm EST

13. Limit gameplan sizes to 500 words

14. Your annual 3UP rules review and update

15. Reduce the draft to 5 rounds - starting in 2020 (2021?)

16. Implement future 3ups. Whatever that is.

99. @Ragnarok will be obligated to provide us with a 7 round mock draft every 2 weeks starting on Jan. 1st

Once again, those items are NOT EXHAUSTIVE. I can't keep track of everything that has been offered, PMing me is the best solution so I can update this post.

Also, we don't need to discuss those rules now. It's what owners meeting is for

• Like 3

Also, Owners meeting topics will be presented like this;

Topic: Number X - Name

Idea submitter: Owner A

Details of the idea: blabla

Argument for (will be asked by me to the idea submitter beforehand): "blabla"

Applicable on: DD/MM/YYYY

Possible alteration (if one of the details can ba modified): "blabla"

Vote YES / NO / YES WITH ALTERATION (precise in comment)

I like my things structured

• Like 1