packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Meh.  I can't consider Nagy a top coach right now.  His offense didn't take long to get figured out.  There is no reason in my mind why an offense with Howard, Cohen, Robinson, Miller, Burton, Leno, Massie, Long and Gabriel should score under 22 points a game in their final 8 games.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Meh.  I can't consider Nagy a top coach right now.  His offense didn't take long to get figured out.  There is no reason in my mind why an offense with Howard, Cohen, Robinson, Miller, Burton, Leno, Massie, Long and Gabriel should score under 22 points a game in their final 8 games.  

He was my last one in. Struggled for #10

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I can't consider Nagy a top coach right now.  His offense didn't take long to get figured out.

Nagy's offense is a lot deeper, but he has to spoon feed it to Trubisky. On early scripted plays they look good, after that its more of a struggle
So what's been "figured out" is more a function Mitch than Nagy at this point. One of the articles I came across noted that this was why Nagy didn't play him in preseason. He felt there was more value in hiding him than in getting him reps.
That's just one writers opinion, but its an interesting observation. You'd think a new HC would wanna give his young QB a ton of reps in vanilla preseason
linked below is an article out of chicago, griping about Nagy not playing Mitch

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/chicago-bears-mitch-trubisky-matt-nagy-preseason-games-tom-brady/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

But there was a reason.  TRUBISKY!!  B|

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

My hubby found this You Tube video yesterday and I found it rather interesting.  I'm no fan of Colin Cowherd - I find him a pain - and some of you might think he is being Captain Obvious here but I thought I'd share it anyway.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1423435331750

What's the premise of the video? 

Cowherd is a genius anyways lol. He figured out you can just troll and get twice the ratings and it takes zero real prep. He used to be decent. Then he started getting busy with other stuff and his radio show and that got lazy and he figured that out and stuck with it. He's a Skip clone. He admits he likes to troll GB fans openly even lol

Just now, Norm said:

Cowherd is a genius anyways lol. He figured out you can just troll and get twice the ratings and it takes zero real prep. He used to be decent. Then he started getting busy with other stuff and his radio show and that got lazy and he figured that out and stuck with it. He's a Skip clone. He admits he likes to troll GB fans openly even lol

The scripts for his show were written well before we hired anyone:

Young coach - Just a figurehead for Rodgers to push around.

Old coach - Someone to put Rodgers in his place and control the diva. 

He's followed Skip's playbook on Rodgers for awhile now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, Nagy has to prove that it wasn't Fangio. I really think a high percentage of their success this season can be attributed to Vic and Nagy didn't even hire him really.

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What's the premise of the video? 

He was discussing how teams today look for HCs that can bond with their QBs.  He talked about the relationship the successful teams today have between their QBs and HCs.  He suggested Denver hired a defensive HC because they don't consider Keenum to be their long term franchise QB.  Usually I don't bother listening to this clown.  lol