packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

Everyone needs to lighten up a bit some funny things were said no malice as far as i can see from most posters. Maybe the best thing to do is get things back on track with talking about the coach, his play selections, calls, coaching styles, connections anything about footbball. That or stay off the thread for a bit as it seems the topics ran out so filler was added and to some the filler is distasteful:

So what kind of % run vs pass do we thing ML will try to keep? I think we'll be a bit closer to 45/55 myself depending on the teams we're playing? Anyone else have any predictions as to what we'll see from ML and our offense?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Re-watching this now and I disagree. Mike definitely comes off a lot more comfortable and confident with his responses IMO. That said, Mike had some familiarity already with GB prior to his hiring so that had to make the transition a bit more smooth for him. I'll also cut LaFleur some slack since he didn't even get to speak that much with Murphy hogging the mic during this presser

That's kind of what I said.  McCarthy certainly was a lot more comfortable, I just didn't find him anymore or any less impressive.  They had a lot of similar answers to questions.  Having worked with Thompson and having a great relationship with Favre prior to getting hired was a mighty big advantage for MM over LaF IMO. 

Saying that though, LaF certainly was nervous.  For reference (and for S&G) I went back and watched McVay's initial press conference and that was far more impressive than either McCarthy or LaF.  However, part of that had to do with how the Rams ran it.  They looked far more experienced at hiring coaches (not a good thing). :D

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know a couple of guys will call me out on this AGAIN but I don't believe Murphy has - or should have - a say on who plays on Sundays.

He doesnt. This "concept" that Murphy has his hand in and is interfering in every team operation is unfounded and foolish.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pugger said:

That really isn't a good look for McCarthy, is it?  I find it rather telling he hasn't been hired by another team yet, either.

Yep .. he was supposed to be the hot candidate and he struck out.  He seemed wishy washy as to whether he wanted to coach this year or not .. seems like he's pretty beaten and worn out.  I bet he struggles again next year to find a head coaching job.  He might be a dinosaur.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

23 minutes ago, Pugger said:

That really isn't a good look for McCarthy, is it?  I find it rather telling he hasn't been hired by another team yet, either.

Again,

Could've been the head man in Cleveland if he was willing to work with Kitchens. 

But why take anything less than a perfect offer when you're still getting paid for doing nothing?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Again,

Could've been the head man in Cleveland if he was willing to work with Kitchens. 

But why take anything less than a perfect offer when you're still getting paid for doing nothing?

If i had already made millions and were going to get 8M to do nothing this year, my lazy *** would be on a beach for the rest of my life.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yep .. he was supposed to be the hot candidate and he struck out.  He seemed wishy washy as to whether he wanted to coach this year or not .. seems like he's pretty beaten and worn out.  I bet when he struggles again next year to find a head coaching job.  He might be a dinosaur.

Perhaps taking a year off to recharge his batteries will do him good.

MM is pretty well embedded to Green Bay. His wife is from here and a pretty high profile person not likely to leave. Add in the fact that he has 5 younger kids, and I'm not surprised at all he will take a year off. It will be interesting to see if he coaches again. I was actually shocked he showed interest in a NY job. All wild guesses on my part based on nothing

Edited by cannondale

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Perhaps taking a year off to recharge his batteries will do him good.

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

MM is pretty well embedded to Green Bay. His wife is from here and a pretty high profile person not likely to leave. Add in the fact that he has 5 younger kids, and I'm not surprised at all he will take a year off. It will be interesting to see if he coaches again. I was actually shocked he showed interest in a NY job. All wild guesses on my part based on nothing

Yeah, is he going to be living in GB during the year off? With how small it is, that could seem awkward.

43 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Man...internet keyboard warriors here.

Who cares what his wife looks like? And even if we did, she’s attractive, what does that matter?

I want to see what all the posters here actually look like and what there wives look like...sheesh man.

btw, a quick look at social media shows we have 10,000 new female fans who find our new HC dreamy.

It is the internet, they are "female" alright...

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah, is he going to be living in GB during the year off? With how small it is, that could seem awkward.

Probably one of the least awkward places. People are pretty respectful with regard to players and coaches here. I saw MM at Target pushing a cart with 3 of his daughters running wild behind him just like any other dad. No one bothered him

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's MM's intro presser from 2006, he was 42 at the time

Ted gets in and out in 2 minutes, hands it over to MM

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-name-mike-mccarthy-head-coach

Thanks for posting this link.  I'd much rather have Murphy introducing our new coach than TT who was absolutely awful introducing MM.  There wasn't anything in that MM presser that wowed me.  I was actually really happy with the LaFleur presser.  All 3 guys seemed genuinely excited and were all loose and 'real' .  

• Like 1