packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

On 1/13/2019 at 4:22 AM, MaximusGluteus said:

DeAngelo Hall is great to listen to.  Smart, logical, level-headed.

It's unfortunate for him to have to sit and listen to those 2 bozos...He's the kind of guy who deserves a show, not those 2 clowns.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, gizmo2012 said:

I hope the new coach makes his Defensive Coordinator be on the sidelines instead of hiding in some box upstairs. I never liked Capers doing it and I don't like Petine doing it. 

Why?  Because it would be better for him to be down with the players instead of up where he can see the whole picture?  I don't mind Pettine up there if he has a defensive coach down there to rally the troops when needed.

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

When Mike Pettine had his intro presser, he talked about this. And for him - its a very strong lean towards being in the booth. He said that not only does it offer a better view of the entire play, but it also takes him away from the sideline chaos, allowing him to gather his thoughts and deploy his game plan. He also noted that up in the booth he can lay out all of his spread sheets and information, allowing him to make better and faster decisions.

He's a highly successful NFL coach who has actually done the job....while the Sideliners Cult is made up of fans who vastly over-value their own opinions on the topic.

Usually also seem to like "firey" guys like Rex Ryan as if that rah-rah nonsense actually is good for anything other than sound bites.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

this hire has not grown on me. never seen a coach w/ less command in social settings. doubt it works out very long. hope i'm dumb & players take to his personality. 

Quite honestly, I'm still riding the high of McCarthy finally being gone, we could have hired Betty White and I'd be good.

I'll wait to watch LaFleur in action to judge him, but the only guy on paper that topped him for me was McD and apparently no one but us and Cincy even tried to interview the guy. Even I have to admit that has to tell us something about him...

23 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

what's he saying that's so bad?

I don't think its about what he's saying as much as it is about how he says it. He's a young guy who rocketed up the NFL ladder and he doesn't yet have the gravitas to command the room. He will grow into it,  just like every NFL HC ever. We as fans have to be patient while he learns the ropes, both on the field and off. 
He's extremely smart and has high end teaching skills,  but it takes time to be CEO-like and he just isn't there yet.
Makes sense, he's never been the lead dog before

He's also from the Midwest, which means he's too nice. (Or so I've been told)

Does any of this matter to winning football games ? We're about to find out

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, deathstar said:

The people who have been in social situations or have seen him coach entire rooms seem to think he’s perfect for the position.

Thx and one comment on the opening press conference, which is likely the source of some angst in Packer Nation

Murphy should have talked for 3 minutes tops; instead he made the event about Him and His search. That put LaFleur in an awkward position since he can't step on his new boss's toes, even though that's exactly what Murphy did to him.
Going forward, MLF is The Man in that locker room and Murphy won't be around

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Thx and one comment on the opening press conference, which is likely the source of some angst in Packer Nation.
Murphy should have talked for 3 minutes tops; instead he made the event about Him and His search.

Thats a good observation.
Frankly - and this isnt intended as criticsm - just another observaton, I dont think either Gute, Murphy or LaFleur are great public speakers.
Doesnt really matter in the long run. Its how they do what they're tasked to do in the GBP football organization that counts.

BBs a "great coach" - talks like he's Grinch who's just had a root canal. Nobody seems to mind. Cause it doesnt matter.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, deathstar said:

The people who have been in social situations or have seen him coach entire rooms seem to think he’s perfect for the position.

coaches who worked w/ him aren't gonna be like yeah this guy is socially aloof & can't connect w/ players. not saying that's the case, i've watched him speak for like a half hour. but the three times i've seen him speak are some of the least inspiring pressers i've seen in my sports fandom. and yeah you can be like "YoU Don'T EveN KNow HiM", but yeah man.... that's apparent. i'm just saying the obvious really. if we're down big at half, i'd be shocked if he ever had the ability to "rally" guys. but i don't know **** about anything tbh, i don't know why i decided to even say anything, it doesn't matter & i'm just being negative for no reason. my bad gang. 

• Like 2