packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In week 1 it sounds like the vets did, with the possible exception of HHCD and Rodgers. No read on the rookies.

Sounds like as the year went on, things kinda spiraled out of hand. 

That's how I read it but I was just making sure that was correct. I guess I had a feeling they didn't want him around from the start. Interesting stuff thanks

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

...Take with a large grain of salt.”

Thanks for taking the time to organized your ideas and post AG! AND Thanks for the qualifier!

My comments are based on my natural skepticism of any “anonymous source,” particularly since he has a narrative from the field and locker room all the way to the CEO’s office, with lots of ‘sweeping generalizations.’

There are undoubtedly many grains of truth in your impromptu interview with the unnamed former player. But there also has to be “telephone rumors” that were second, third, fourth......hand. Regardless, the handwriting was on the wall-major changes needed to be made. The Packers were indeed spinning out of control!

Thanks again AG, it’s always interesting to read the juicy stuff!    ( - ; #

Edited by JQ1

There's crapola going on behind the scenes on every team...and it only gets magnified as the losses pile up
That's why Madden famously said:

I've always said winning's the great deodorant, and conversely, when you have a bad record, everything stinks,
and everything starts to unravel, and everything falls apart.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

There's crapola going on behind the scenes on every team...and it only gets magnified as the losses pile up
That's why Madden famously said:

I've always said winning's the great deodorant, and conversely, when you have a bad record, everything stinks,
and everything starts to unravel, and everything falls apart.

Truth

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Got a chance to talk with a former Packer sorta out of the blue today, and was kinda shocked by some of what I was told. Not exact quotes, no phones so no recorder, and my notes were ****, but here's the gist:

• “You got to understand, even in the locker room, everybody always kinda had the question, how much of the winning was Aaron vs how much was Coach? 
  • “You look at what McVay is doing in LA getting his guys the ball, or how Andy Reid has Mahomes playing like an MVP. Those guys aren’t better than Aaron, they’re just running better plays. 

Quick Hitters:

• Said that Murphy was basically running the transition...
  • Talked a bit about how the position coaches were really bad here: 
    • Basically said Edgar Bennett was a joke of an OC
  • Apparently EQ chucked a ball at Rodgers during practice and yelled at him because he was getting conflicting orders from Raih and Rodgers on how to run a route.
  • Guys on the team really like Graham, he earned a lot of respect for playing hurt. He's a professional.
  • Said he loved the defense and everything Pettine was doing.

It all sounds credible to me. This is the good fan journalism. A few reactions I have:

*I am stunned EQ is still on the team.

*It’s good to hear that the team is behind Graham. I have to admit my faith in the guy had faltered.

*I wonder If the early Mac firing had anything to do with Murphy trying to engineer a way to keep Pettine?

*The stuff about Murphy and his seizing post-McCarthy control seems obvious. Running the press conference after MLF hiring made him seem like the owner we don’t have, and I hope he steps back real soon. Interfering with the Rizzi hire, if true, puts a bad taste in my mouth—and I’ve generally liked and supported Murph.

Again, thanks AG20

1 hour ago, blueswedeshoes said:

It all sounds credible to me. This is the good fan journalism. A few reactions I have:

*I am stunned EQ is still on the team.

*It’s good to hear that the team is behind Graham. I have to admit my faith in the guy had faltered.

*I wonder If the early Mac firing had anything to do with Murphy trying to engineer a way to keep Pettine?

*The stuff about Murphy and his seizing post-McCarthy control seems obvious. Running the press conference after MLF hiring made him seem like the owner we don’t have, and I hope he steps back real soon. Interfering with the Rizzi hire, if true, puts a bad taste in my mouth—and I’ve generally liked and supported Murph.

Again, thanks AG20

Could you imagine how absolutely frustrating it would be to try to listen to what your coach is trying to teach you and "buy in" and your QB is ripping you a new one for doing that? I'd bet Gute would've vetoed pretty hard if staff requested the EQ move. I've 100% been EQ there.

EQ throwing the ball "at" Aaron could also be a subjective case where he threw it "to" him but Aaron had turned away or something. I've seen that happen plenty of times and get taken the wrong way in the wrong circumstances.

If this is even halfway true, I choose to believe that Aaron will respect EQ more for showing fire in practice, and that EQ still being on the team is a reflection of his talent and potential.

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Could you imagine how absolutely frustrating it would be to try to listen to what your coach is trying to teach you and "buy in" and your QB is ripping you a new one for doing that? I'd bet Gute would've vetoed pretty hard if staff requested the EQ move. I've 100% been EQ there.

I absolutely agree with you on how provoking that situation would have been to EQ. He must have thrown the ball with some zip or Bell wouldn’t have jacked him up. Fun times in dysfunction land!

I can’t wait to see if this young coach can get a handle on his frustrated family of players 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'd buy the EQ chucking it at Aaron all day. No way would anyone get punished more than "time for you to leave practice" for throwing a football at someone (even Ser Aaron Rodgers).

Unless he was like three feet away from him and drilled him in the face.

Which didn't happen.

And Rodgers being the grudge holder he is would've never thrown a pass to him again. 

Sorry I just don't buy the story in the sense that EQ was chucking a football at Rodgers. From what I can pull from AG's talk this is a defensive player who obviously didn't see it go down and I think a bit of exaggerating took place by the time the story got to the defense. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And Rodgers being the grudge holder he is would've never thrown a pass to him again. 

Sorry I just don't buy the story in the sense that EQ was chucking a football at Rodgers. From what I can pull from AG's talk this is a defensive player who obviously didn't see it go down and I think a bit of exaggerating took place by the time the story got to the defense. 

nah, definitely offensive player based on AG's quotes.

former offensive players: Evans, Monty, Rip, rich rod, bennett, and various role players. Based on comment on him watching Hundley in practice I think it's probably an offensive starter-type. If I had to guess, I'd say probably Rich Rod ;)

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

nah, definitely offensive player based on AG's quotes.

former offensive players: Evans, Monty, Rip, rich rod, bennett, and various role players. Based on comment on him watching Hundley in practice I think it's probably an offensive starter-type. If I had to guess, I'd say probably Rich Rod ;)

Rich Rod predates EQ, he'd have no idea that occurred. You're right there are clues to an offensive player too re-reading it. Loving Pettine's defense and not being present for the EQ story led me to believe defense.

Monty is actually who I'd pick. Been around long enough to know AVP, Edgar Bennett and was here this year to witness the new rookies and Rain being a coach.

How any former player would know about Murphy LaFleur and Rizzi to me seems like a stretch though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Rich Rod predates EQ, he'd have no idea that occurred. You're right there are clues to an offensive player too re-reading it. Loving Pettine's defense and not being present for the EQ story led me to believe defense.

Monty is actually who I'd pick. Been around long enough to know AVP, Edgar Bennett and was here this year to witness the new rookies and Rain being a coach.

How any former player would know about Murphy LaFleur and Rizzi to me seems like a stretch though.

yeah good point. My detective skills missed a big one there. Has to be someone that played this year.

Maybe Alex wants us to stop guessing ha

46 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yeah good point. My detective skills missed a big one there. Has to be someone that played this year.

Maybe Alex wants us to stop guessing ha

Alex was intentionally throwing us off by saying “player”.  May have actually been a recently departed coach.  Either way, there’s some interesting intel in Alex’s post - most of it made me cringe that our team was a sh!t-house wreck.