Around The League V.2

Totty

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I didn't watch the game but saw some highlights.  He made some nice throws against a soft Zona D.  The Phins D played well and the team played well overall, I would hardly put that win on Tua.  Over two games Tua has averaged 150YPG and 1.5 TD which are numbers that I would not be hyped up about.  Meh...

Danny Dimes, Darnold and Winston have made some nice throws in his career, that doesn't make them HOFers, especially after two games where he has yet to crack 300 yards and has averaged 150 per game through the air lol

What is your assessment, is he well on his way to the HOF? Hahaha 

To talk averages when he has only played 2 games and the first one he threw for under a hundred yards is a little disingenuous.  To have that good of a game as a rookie in your second game is impressive.  He pretty much had the same numbers that Carr has averaged this year with a better rating and QBR.  He needs to do it consistently but do not take away what the kid did against a decent defense.  I am not rooting for him or against him.

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So defense gives up 31. The running backs  had 57 yards. He had a qb rating of 122. And you wouldn't put that win on tua. 250 yard 2 tds, second leading rusher on team.  If this was carr you definitely would put the win on him. It's getting harder and harder to take your assessments seriously. 

I'm not sure what your point is?  Tua has played two games and has looked ok.  150 per and 1.5 TD's.  

A fumble returned for a TD and 2 50 plus Fg's against a soft D like Zona.  Meh...

Are you saying that Tua is a elite QB after 2 games?  I'm not sure what exactly you are saying...

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not sure what your point is?  Tua has played two games and has looked ok.  150 per and 1.5 TD's.  

A fumble returned for a TD and 2 50 plus Fg's against a soft D like Zona.  Meh...

Are you saying that Tua is a elite QB after 2 games?  I'm not sure what exactly you are saying...

I'm saying he was the reason they won yesterday. I ask for his assessment for yesterday game. You throwing in first game to try to downplay what he did yesterday. He was the reason they won yesterday.  Point blank period. You get to the point where you can admit that than maybe we can have a serious discussion about him. 

We know he ain't the reason they won the first game. He wasnt ask to do much. He didnt need to. He was needed to ball yesterday and did. 

He had better numbers than carr, with less rushing help, with a defense that gave up more points. But hey he wasnt the reason. Ok bruh. 

Got 4 teams fighting for the last two playoff spots in the AFC. Raiders, Dolphins, Colts and Browns. 

Got Colts and the Dolphins at home really it’s in the Raiders hands if they make the playoffs or not. Already have the tie breaker over the Browns and can get it with the Colts and Dolphins. 

Really important to get the 6th seed so you can get that match up with the Bills if they finish 3rd and avoid any match up with KC by staying out of the 7th seed

15 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I'm saying he was the reason they won yesterday. I ask for his assessment for yesterday game. You throwing in first game to try to downplay what he did yesterday. He was the reason they won yesterday.  Point blank period. You get to the point where you can admit that than maybe we can have a serious discussion about him. 

We know he ain't the reason they won the first game. He wasnt ask to do much. He didnt need to. He was needed to ball yesterday and did. 

He had better numbers than carr, with less rushing help, with a defense that gave up more points. But hey he wasnt the reason. Ok bruh. 

Are you saying he's a better Qb than Carr after two games?  Once again I have no idea what your point is.

Are you asking me if I have changed my assessment of Tua after two games?  I have not.

I never understood the "tank for Tua" talk and I still don't.  He played on a semi pro team in college littered with 1st round talent.  He has average arm strength, slightly above average mobility, a history of injuries and average at best intelligence (he scored a 13 on the Wonderlic test which was the worst for QB's in 2020).  

Time will tell who is right and wrong but if you're trying to convince me that Tua is an elite, HOF QB after two average games, I'm not sure what to tell you.

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Are you saying he's a better Qb than Carr after two games?  Once again I have no idea what your point is.

Are you asking me if I have changed my assessment of Tua after two games?  I have not.

I never understood the "tank for Tua" talk and I still don't.  He played on a semi pro team in college littered with 1st round talent.  He has average arm strength, slightly above average mobility, a history of injuries and average at best intelligence (he scored a 13 on the Wonderlic test which was the worst for QB's in 2020).  

Time will tell who is right and wrong but if you're trying to convince me that Tua is an elite, HOF QB after two average games, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Tua playing style is going to get him killed. Takes way too many hits I can't see him last thing a whole season like this

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Tua playing style is going to get him killed. Takes way too many hits I can't see him last thing a whole season like this

This I agree on. He was out there doing some crazy stuff with ball. The way he runs gonna get him kill. You can see the difference between the way kyler knows how to avoid big hits. Tua doesn't. 

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

To talk averages when he has only played 2 games and the first one he threw for under a hundred yards is a little disingenuous.  To have that good of a game as a rookie in your second game is impressive.  He pretty much had the same numbers that Carr has averaged this year with a better rating and QBR.  He needs to do it consistently but do not take away what the kid did against a decent defense.  I am not rooting for him or against him.

It's what he do bruh.  Ask for an assessment of one game, he tries to downplay it cause it dont match his first overall assessment. If carr literally had the same exact game with similar circumstances his assessment would be different. It be carr carrying a defense with no running game to speak of. But I get it. People got to stick to their guns. Cant even say the  kid had a good game especially for his 2nd game in the nfl. 

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not trying convince you of nothing. I ask for an assessment of one game and you couldn't even say he had a good game, cause it dont match you narrative. He can have a good game and you still be right about your assessment. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

I'm not trying convince you of nothing. I ask for an assessment of one game and you couldn't even say he had a good game, cause it dont match you narrative. He can have a good game and you still be right about your assessment. 

I said he made some nice throws but so does Winston, Danny Dimes, Darnold and Mayfield...

I saw some decent throws when I watched the highlights for 2 minutes but did I see anything elite? I did not... 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I said he made some nice throws but so does Winston, Danny Dimes, Darnold and Mayfield...

I saw some decent throws when I watched the highlights for 2 minutes but did I see anything elite? I did not... 

Gotta be elite to have a good game. Got it. 

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I didn't watch the game but saw some highlights.  He made some nice throws against a soft Zona D.  The Phins D played well and the team played well overall, I would hardly put that win on Tua.  Over two games Tua has averaged 150YPG and 1.5 TD which are numbers that I would not be hyped up about.  Meh...

Danny Dimes, Darnold and Winston have made some nice throws in his career, that doesn't make them HOFers, especially after two games where he has yet to crack 300 yards and has averaged 150 per game through the air lol

What is your assessment, is he well on his way to the HOF? Hahaha 

^^^ Look at this.

Can't even admit a very solid Tua game. This is what I told people, Frankie will underplay every single Tua win/good performance and overplay every single Tua loss/bad performance. It's like News/Media Propaganda.

I didn't even comment much on Tuas performance in here because I knew this would be the result. Will basically never be able to talk about Tua fairly in the Raider Subforum because Frankie/NY will be all over it, especially Frankie.

Was looking at some stats around the league and Seattle has allowed 2,897 passing yards through 8 games/ 362 yards per game. That a 100 yards more per game then what the Raiders give up in the air per game. 

Bills had the perfect game plan against Seattle on Sunday. They just decided to not run on Seattle and just shredded their passing defense. Usually coaches are very stubborn and have to at least commit to the run instead of just attacking a team weakness and the Bills decided to flip the script and went all out passing. 

So when you think the Raiders defense is the worst just know that Seattle defense is worse