Around The League V.2

Totty

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right… so you’re telling me the guy didn’t have work ethic and he had injury issues? That’s sounds like(fill in the blank)

Agreed. Did I love the Leatherwood pick? Not really. But who was a fan of the Kolton Miller pick when we made it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/mike-zimmer-christian-darrisaw-oli-udoh/

When asked about Darrisaw’s availability and readiness for Week 1, Zimmer let out a deep sigh before answering.

“That’s a tough one. I don’t know. He’s one step forward, two steps back (in Darrisaw’s recovery),” Zimmer said. “Hard to get it done when you’re not out there…It’s just nagging all the time.”

Vikings Overlooked Groin Injury When Drafting Darrisaw

Darrisaw was believed to be fully healthy at the NFL Combine after playing through a groin injury late in the 2020 season. He had surgery to repair a core muscle injury in January, per Ian Rapoport back in April.

It’s August and Darrisaw still appears to be ailed by the groin issue. He was in full pads on Aug. 4 but was not an active participant and upgraded to limited participation by Aug. 6. However, it hasn’t stopped him from learning the playbook. He is hopeful he’ll participate in Saturday practice at U.S. Bank Stadium and be starting by Week 1 against the Cincinnati Bengals.

“That’s definitely (a goal),” he said, per the Pioneer Press. “Everybody’s goal out here is to come out here and start. We all want to be starters. You just got to take it a day at a time. Don’t look too far ahead.

Can you imagine this cry baby forum if we drafted Darrisaw and were getting these reports lmao 

We shoulda took so and so, Cables a bum, Grudock needs to go today! Yap yap yap 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Did I love the Leatherwood pick? Not really. But who was a fan of the Kolton Miller pick when we made it?

I wasn’t a huge fan of Kolton Miller at the time, I wanted James. But, I understood we need a LTotf and that he had an amazing physical profile, so I waited to bash the pick. Didn’t look good year one, but he was hurt. Now dude is rock solid. Sometimes you gotta let things play out and not act like you know more than the pros, even though they get plenty things wrong. 

The thing is guys do know talent in here, Darrisaw for example looked like the goods. But we don’t talk to coaches or scouts or Hs coaches and get the full profile, guys drop for different reasons and it’s not always football related. Right before the draft it came out that Darrisaw had work ethic issues, now he has a nagging injury, if he was busting his *** do you think Zimmer would sound so frustrated? This is one report and he could very well be the best OT in the draft, but you gotta let things play out, and not act like we know it all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I wasn’t a huge fan of Kolton Miller at the time, I wanted James. But, I understood we need a LTotf and that he had an amazing physical profile, so I waited to bash the pick. Didn’t look good year one, but he was hurt. Now dude is rock solid. Sometimes you gotta let things play out and not act like you know more than the pros, even though they get plenty things wrong. 

The only thing that made the Leatherwood pick disappointing was that it came out of necessity because we paid TB and he sucked.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only thing that made the Leatherwood pick disappointing was that it came out of necessity because we paid TB and he sucked.

Yea, you’re right. But we needed a RT in the worst way. Cable got his guy and they seem to be happy about him so far. 

also, guys who were rated higher then Leatherwood in here can’t seem to get out of the training room. 

Edited by Geezy

21 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Can you imagine this cry baby forum if we drafted Darrisaw and were getting these reports lmao 

100% 

how about this one: If the patriots took Leatherwood in the first round lol 

Edited by Jeremy408

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Well, that and it was a general consensus that we could have gotten him somewhat later in the first round of the draft so didn't maximise value by attempting to trade down. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Right I said that back then. It all comes down to what you think of cable.

If you think he’s an idiot because of a failed third round tackle from a small school then you’ll think the Leatherwood will be a bust before you ever see him the field.

if think he might know what he’s doing because of the first round pick they turned out to be really good then you’ll think that maybe the leatherwood pick isn’t so bad.

18 hours ago, Geezy said:

I don’t think anyone here mocked darrisaw to us I also don’t think anyone was a fan of drafting a lt to play rt. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t think anyone here mocked darrisaw to us I also don’t think anyone was a fan of drafting a lt to play rt. 

Que? There were a lot of people that did lol. Pretty sure we had along the station about it and about the Leatherwood thread and the general draft thread