NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

1) Gym Shorts was not afraid of Mitch. Quite the opposite actually. 

2) I cannot confirm this (obviously) but I 100% believe that Shorts used tape from the Rams game as a baseline on how to beat Nagy offense and make them a non-factor. So it's a little ironic that you used the Eagles/Rams comparison. 

No idea what this means? You talking about Schwartz? 

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yes. Jim Schwartz.

Schwartz  has refused to bring pressure with more then 4, all season long. His refusal to blitz at any point in the game wont be an issue with Phillips.

Both Personnel  wise and philosophically. That's all I was referring  too. You?

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Schwartz  has refused to bring pressure with more then 4, all season long. His refusal to blitz at any point in the game wont be an issue with Phillips.

Both Personnel  wise and philosophically. That's all I was referring  too. You?

You saying that he was afraid of Mitch was my point. My only point. Which is why that was the only part of your post I quoted.

edit: That and the Rams comparison to Mitch.

22 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You saying that he was afraid of Mitch was my point. My only point. Which is why that was the only part of your post I quoted.

edit: That and the Rams comparison to Mitch.

You should re-read what was written, then come back.

I called Schwartz a Mitch "without" the "B" for being scared. No wonder your post made no sense. Probably  why you should in the future Quote everything rather then nitpicking. A lot harder to make a wrong assumption.

Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I called Schwartz a Mitch "without" the "B" for being scared. No wonder your post made no sense. Probably  why you should in the future Quote everything rather then nitpicking. A lot harder to make a wrong assumption.

Just a thought.

insecurity. i knew that was your meaning 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just a thought.

Gotcha. I didn't pick up on that.

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

insecurity.

The child chimes in.

33 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

He’s gonna overcompensate in the other direction, watch.

I honestly hope he just calls a good game. Let the teams play. He's on a pretty big stage so you think he will domhis best to do that.

Quick look at Jared Goff's numbers in his 6 games since the bye week:

Detroit- 51% completion percentage, 1 touchdown, 1 interception, 1 fumble, 207 passing yards, 68.6 QB Rating

Chicago- 45% completion percentage, 0 touchdown, 4 interceptions, 1 fumble, 180 passing yards, 19.1 QB Rating

Philadelphia- 66% completion percentage, 0 touchdown, 1 interception, 2 fumble, 339 passing yards, 75.9 QB Rating

Arizona- 79% completion percentage, 2 touchdowns (1 passing, 1 rushing), 0 interception, 1 fumble, 216 passing yards, 118 QB Rating

San Francisco- 57% completion percentage, 4 touchdowns, 0 interception, 1 fumble, 199 passing yards, 121 QB Rating

Dallas- 53% completion percentage, 0 touchdown, 0 interception, 1 fumble, 186 passing yards, 74.4 QB Rating

Looking at the numbers (and watching just about all of these games) it is clear that Goff has been far more inconsistent down the stretch since the Rams bye week. Goff beat up on a 3 win Cardinals team, and a 4 win Oakland team to make these averages look a little bit better, but if we take a look at how he did against teams that didn't finish 30th-32nd in the NFL this year, the numbers or quality of play don't look good at all.

Against teams not named Arizona/San Francisco since the bye (Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas), he has completed 54% of his passes, has 1 touchdown pass, 6 interceptions, 5 fumbles,  228 passing yards per game, and QB Ratings of 68.6, 19.1, 75.9, and 74.4. 

Not all that concerned about Goff heading into this game. I think Lattimore/Apple will be fine in limiting Cooks/Woods. Wouldn't surprise me to see Reynolds have a solid game as PJ Williams is just way too inconsistent. I think Gurley will be the x-factor for the Rams this weekend. We did a pretty good job containing him last game where he average about 4.1 yards per touch on 19 touches, but he's always a threat in the run game, and pass game, so I think attempting to contain him will be key for the Saints defense. I doubt this game ends up being the shootout we saw last game between both teams. Likely going to be a much bigger defense battle this time around. 

Archived