Raiders Defense

Rolni

On 10/23/2019 at 4:00 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

In reality the Raiders had more pressure on Rodgers then  Green Bay had on Carr.

We must continue to complain.  I recall K. Joseph lighting up Rodgers and Rodgers completed the pass in the area K. Joseph left to blitz.  It isn't easy blitzing a QB that can counter the blitz easily.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 8:08 AM, NYRaider said:

If we drafted Winovich, we wouldn't have drafted Maxx Crosby.

We should've drafted him over Trayvon Mullen in the second, where I was hoping he would go.  It is what it is.  Hopefully Mullen is a stud shutdown CB and I'm just stupid.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

We should've drafted him over Trayvon Mullen in the second, where I was hoping he would go.  It is what it is.  Hopefully Mullen is a stud shutdown CB and I'm just stupid.

Maxx might end up being better than Chase.

I am super high on Maxx he’s raw but always around the ball 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jerry said:

If Mullen is good, I think this draft class will be massive. Even with Abram on IR, Mayock hit on so many mid-late guys in Moreau, Maxx, and Renfrow.

Abram I feel will be a good player and a great leader moving forward. Jacobs is a no brainer perennial pro bowler type. I think Ferrell develops into a nice player. A reach sure, but a nice player who will be on this team for a long time. The sum of this class will more than make up for that one pick.

16 hours ago, Jerry said:

We must continue to complain.  I recall K. Joseph lighting up Rodgers and Rodgers completed the pass in the area K. Joseph left to blitz.  It isn't easy blitzing a QB that can counter the blitz easily.

Blitz came from too far away and I'd still take that than him standing back there for an hour and hitting open guy anyway. Atleast he felt that pass .

8 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I was very high on Chase thought he would fall into the later part of the first round  but I’ll be honest never heard of Maxx.

I knew about Chase only from the debate in here between him and Gary.  I first heard about Maxx from another site and checked him out.  I thought we grabbed him a round to early but I will not complain with how well he is playing.  Differense between a 4th and 5th is not that big of a deal.  I do not watch a lot of college ball until bowl season.  When it is draft time I read about the players more so and what characteristics I like.  When I read about someones abilities that sound like what we need I will go back and watch full games.  If I got paid to o this I would watch 100 hours of film per week because I really enjoy it but I am not so I have to minimize the amount of sports I watch.  Got to take the kids to the park sometime.

Edited by drfrey13

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If Mullen is good, I think this draft class will be massive. Even with Abram on IR, Mayock hit on so many mid-late guys in Moreau, Maxx, and Renfrow.

Abram I feel will be a good player and a great leader moving forward. Jacobs is a no brainer perennial pro bowler type. I think Ferrell develops into a nice player. A reach sure, but a nice player who will be on this team for a long time. The sum of this class will more than make up for that one pick.

Overall I am happy bout this draft.  Ferrell is a safe 7-10 year starter but most likely never live up to the #4 pick.

19 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Overall I am happy bout this draft.  Ferrell is a safe 7-10 year starter but most likely never live up to the #4 pick.

I think Ferrell will take a year 2 jump. He will benefit from a full offseason. He's 22, hasn't even filled his body out yet. He will get bigger and stronger.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think Ferrell will take a year 2 jump. He will benefit from a full offseason. He's 22, hasn't even filled his body out yet. He will get bigger and stronger.

I think he will also but he lacks top level athleticism to be a big difference maker.  He will be dominant against the run and get pressure on the QB but his lack of burst will be the difference between getting the sack and just causing the QB to throw it sooner than he wanted to.  I put his ceiling at Brandon Graham with more pass rush ability and I believe he will get closer to his ceiling than most think.  I like the player but am not happy with the draft slot.  Not saying we had a trade partner but I think the value difference between where we should have drafted him and where we did draft him is a 2020 1st round pick plus.  That is a lot of value lost.