🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I don't expect anyone here to care that we made it to 2nd place without Barkley and how much better we would of been with him.

Not that much better? He is a RB. 

When you only lose the division by one game, not that much better would be enough.

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I have no problems being proud of the way my team performed in the 2nd half which encourages me that they will be a good team this season. 

Now as a Cowboy fan you should be ashamed of your team. 

I did laugh at this, simply because I think you are being serious.

I am serious, as a Cowboy fan tell me what what has your team done in the last 25 years you are proud of?  Every year in recent memory it is supposed to be the Cowboys  year and every year they disappoint.

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The Giants and WFT have been bad for a while, your team has been good for a while. That is changing, your window of opportunity is closing and you know this. If you want to wallow in  despair knowing it might be 25 more years before your team goes to another Super Bowl, go for it.

Meh, we have at least 4 more years of being competitive barring anything catastrophic. 

Ah now things are making sense, for you being competitive is enough. For most of the other fans here, it is about making the playoffs, then  making a run in the playoffs, making the Super Bowl then winning the Super Bowl.  

3 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

When you only lose the division by one game, not that much better would be enough.

I am serious, as a Cowboy fan tell me what what has your team done in the last 25 years you are proud of?  Every year in recent memory it is supposed to be the Cowboys  year and every year they disappoint.

Ah now things are making sense, for you being competitive is enough. For most of the other fans here, it is about making the playoffs, then  making a run in the playoffs, making the Super Bowl then winning the Super Bowl.  

When a 1/4 Century has past since your last SB victory and posting We got 5 Pics just doesn't seem appropriate anymore, what else do you expect? If this was circa 2008, that's exactly what his response would of been. Especially in this Forum. Good times, good times! 🍺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

How many of you would stay/go?

I think it’s a bogus report. It doesn’t make sense that NOW it’s heating up. In the end, I’d rather pass. I’d get over it if he was to be traded here but I’d feel dirty and I’d just rather not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The Joe Judge Effect

Time have changed, man. These guys are millionaires, over and over. They don’t have to put up with some dude that’s done nothing in this league yelling and screaming and running camp like a boot camp. There’s hard work and accountability. But to police or parent or drill sergeant these guys is an antiquated approach. He’s going to find himself running a high school team where this stuff still goes on. 

• Like 1

Yea I'm torn. On one hand the last time we were any damn good it was an old school hard nose authoritarian running the show.

On the other... that was a decade ago and the game has changed. Players don't want to be treated like worthless pawns. They want to feel like they are vested assets. The only guy that has been able to pull it off in this modern game is BB.

I guess part of me wonders too..were these vets just hoping to skate by with one last end of career contract? A couple of wind sprints and pushups and they call it a career... Could these actually be additions by subtraction?

In the end it will all come down to does it produce a winning culture. If it doesn't... it'll get ugly fast.

• Like 1

Having a hard time picturing any of these spoiled *** millionaires in today's NFL lasting back when football was real football. 

Actual Practices

2 a days

Tackling

Being coached by HOFrs/HC's like Parcells, Johnson, Gibbs and Ryan. It would be comical.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Having a hard time picturing any of these spoiled *** millionaires in today's NFL lasting back when football was real football. 

Actual Practices

2 a days

Tackling

Being coached by HOFrs/HC's like Parcells, Johnson, Gibbs and Ryan. It would be comical.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Actual Practices

2 a days

Tackling

200.gif

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Being coached by HOFrs/HC's like Parcells, Johnson, Gibbs and Ryan

Instead these guys are being coached by losers like Matt Patricia and Joe Judge - who think they're like Bill Belichick but haven't done **** to prove that notion true. 

You don't see Any Reid, Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin coached teams having these problems right?