🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

You tag him if he's a penny above the franchise tag number.

Yeah if anything I’m glad he’s wanting a ton, makes it easier just to tag him and get a better idea what the hell he is in this system. Get some wideouts, if he doesn’t take a jump… ditch him next year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You can't get that money without asking for more from the start. Not how negotiations work.

I want 45 we're thinking 32

Counter 42 how about 35

No less then 40M , final offer 37.5M

I can live with that, want to be a Giant Deal.

Nabbs, this isn’t Facebook market place. Teams have a formula in what they value you. If you don’t meet within that range then there’s concessions to be had or a party moves away from the deal. It’s a lot more complicated than you’re making it. They’re not buying a used lawnmower. If any team or player low balls or prices themselves out then you’re just telling the other party you’re not serious about a deal. If Jones and his agent evaluate the market and that’s the number they come up with, then that’s what he’ll expect. If my agent told me 45 and the team offered me 30, I’d fire him or tell him to find me a team that will pay it. 

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

If my agent told me 45 and the team offered me 30, I’d fire him or tell him to find me a team that will pay it. 

If my agent suggested a $1 of the Franchise Tag like suggested earlier as a starting point, he'd be fired on the spot. 

You don't start at 35-40 if that's what you're hoping to get or will settle for in the end. Plain and simple. With the ever growing Salary Cap,  40M will eventually be the floor for any QB a Franchise actually deems, a or Thier FQB.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Jones and Barkley is going to cost $50M this year?! God bless them. 

Hurts going to cost you 50M+ AAV easily. It doesn't really matter much though. The cap is set to explode over the next few seasons. 40M AAV will seem like a deal in 2024 at this point. QB contracts are ridiculous. Is what it is. 🍻

6 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Hurts going to cost you 50M+ AAV easily. It doesn't really matter much though. The cap is set to explode over the next few seasons. 40M AAV will seem like a deal in 2024 at this point. QB contracts are ridiculous. Is what it is. 🍻

That's what an MVP runner up should cost.
Daniel Jones though? He should be like 27 mill tops. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

You're not wrong. Every year there is a stupidly massive deal and the next couple years it's dwarfed by the next few stupidly massive deals.

However, for the sake of my preferred narrative:

Lmao the giants are stupid for this.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's what an MVP runner up should cost.
Daniel Jones though? He should be like 27 mill tops. 

Hurts is a beast. Dude is going to bank hard and he should. I can't deny. I put DJ's worth somewhere in the 35-38 range. This signing is an overpay I admit. But it's a logical one because it allowed them to tag Barkley and potentially add some skill position talent. Add a Quentin Johnston, Zay Flowers, or Jalin Hyatt to this offense and I think you'll see much more respectable numbers from Jones. Dude was throwing to practice squad signings for majority of the season. 

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

it's a logical one because it allowed them to tag Barkley and potentially add some skill position talent.

Couldn't they do that and afford even more/better skill position talent by letting Jones walk? Then draft a QB for your QB whisperer HC to groom?

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Couldn't they do that and afford even more/better skill position talent by letting Jones walk? Then draft a QB for your QB whisperer HC to groom?

Of course. But Daboll obviously decided this is his guy. He believes in him and I believe in Daboll so I'm good with it.