πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Who's the guy you'd hate them to add that's been getting mocked to you?
Need to know who to root for

Any QB.

Let me clarify.Β  No I am not an Alex Smith believer, but you shouldn't send a 3rd round pick and solid CB (Fuller) for a QB, sign him to a $91 mil extension for the next 4 years then immediate draft his replacement.Β  At his cap hit we're basically stuck with Alex Smith for 3-4 years.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

i dont care for penn st and really thought you guys should have taken a QB. Stupid move to take a running back.Β 

Time will tell. Β The new regime believes Eli still has gas left in the tank. Β Lots of teams with older qbs are staying put. Β Brady, brees, Ben, rivers, Eli. Β Having an elite RB can certainly prolong Eli’s careerΒ 

24 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Β Having an elite RB can certainly prolong Eli’s careerΒ 

He needs to be elite with a 4th year cap number of $15+ Mil and a 5th year at $18+ Mil. Steep price for a RB.Β 

25 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Time will tell. Β The new regime believes Eli still has gas left in the tank. Β Lots of teams with older qbs are staying put. Β Brady, brees, Ben, rivers, Eli. Β Having an elite RB can certainly prolong Eli’s careerΒ 

The other teams weren't picking in a spot to get a potential franchise QB or coming off a train-wreck season.Β 

37 minutes ago, Gmen said:

at what point do we just mercy kill his career? when is it too much embarrassment to bear?

44 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Problem is believing Elisha is on their level. He's not.

Β 

With that said Saquon is filthy and I'm not liking him as a Giants, real talk. I'm just thankful you weren't in position to also draft Lamar Jackson tomorrow.Β 

That would of SUCKED BIG TIME!!!

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

Where the penn state fans at?

Right here. Super pissed he went to Giants, hard to cheer for him now. He is a great talent and you guys will love him.

Β 

Still not sure it was the best move for you guys but we shall see.Β 

6 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

The other teams weren't picking in a spot to get a potential franchise QB or coming off a train-wreck season.Β 

Potential is the key word here. Β First round quarterbacks have been a 50/50 proposition. You could be getting Peyton, or you could be getting Jamarcus.Β running backs minus Trent Richardson have been hits and instant impact players. So if you believe in Eli /Davis Webb, you take the RB that’s considered a generational talent. Β If nothing else it’ll be fun seeing him on the same field as obj and engram. Β 

I posted this in the NFL Draft forum:

When the Browns took Baker, I was cursing at my TV because I couldn't believe the Giants were able to get Darnold..... then they draft a RB lol. YouΒ have a QB with one year left, no post-Eli plan, and your O-line can't run-block worth a damn! And you draft a RB at #2?

Major, major gaffe by the Giants.

20 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I posted this in the NFL Draft forum:

When the Browns took Baker, I was cursing at my TV because I couldn't believe the Giants were able to get Darnold..... then they draft a RB lol. YouΒ have a QB with one year left, no post-Eli plan, and your O-line can't run-block worth a damn! And you draft a RB at #2?

Major, major gaffe by the Giants.

You will witness the greatness that isΒ Davis Webb.

The whole RB / OL debate is the chicken / egg debate. Β An elite runner like Barkley will make plays with or without a good line because he can catch out of the backfield. Β Secondly, the Giants line will look very different this year. Β New LT, LG, OC already. Β I expect they’ll add either a new RG and/or RT tonight. Β Will Hernandez would go a long way in improving the run blocking. Β 

I understand the desire for a new QB. Β I was torn on the matter myself. Β But you can’t be upset with the prospect of having the best WR/RB/TE trio in the NFL. Β Eli just has be a distributor and get the ball to his playmakers. Β He can do that until 40.