πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So far, every NFC E team has looked average to bad. Lets see how Wentz changes that.Β 

We look average without our starting QB andΒ Β #1WR. Everyone else has looked bad to average with their full compliment. Giants are missing an OL. Dallas and Washington have middling QBs. There’s no fixing that.Β 

1 minute ago, jonu62882 said:

NFC East Final Standings:

SB Champ Philadelphia EaglesΒ  11-5

Cowgirls - 8-8/9-7

Giants - 7-9

Skins 6-10

I said before we are a 9 win team give or take 2 wins based on injuries. So this is about how I see it as well.

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

We look average without our starting QB andΒ Β #1WR. Everyone else has looked bad to average with their full compliment. Giants are missing an OL. Dallas and Washington have middling QBs. There’s no fixing that.Β 

We are missing our best DT & FS, the best C in the NFL and are starting an entire slew of new offensive weapons. We will see how Dak progresses this year. He was actually pretty good last night for what the game plan was. Its hard to rack up 300 yard games when you are only throwing it 25 times to WRs who dont run more than 15 yards deep.

Β 

Remember when Watson was leading the NFL in TDs and tore his ACL? How has he looked?

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Giants win 5 games tops

Maybe, but I think Giants are little stronger than that.Β  They still have a veteran QB with some great talent on both sides of the ball.Β  I think they will be up and down, but still manage to win about 7 games (middle of the pack).Β  They played the Jags close, who I think are a top 3 team in the league.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I said before we are a 9 win team give or take 2 wins based on injuries. So this is about how I see it as well.

We are missing our best DT & FS, the best C in the NFL and are starting an entire slew of new offensive weapons. We will see how Dak progresses this year. He was actually pretty good last night for what the game plan was. Its hard to rack up 300 yard games when you are only throwing it 25 times to WRs who dont run more than 15 yards deep.

Β 

Remember when Watson was leading the NFL in TDs and tore his ACL? How has he looked?

I agreed with that when you posted.Β  I didn't see the Giants as the team to beat so to speak like others.Β  Honestly, I don't think it will too hard for the Eagles to win the division this year and in back-to-back fashion, which will be the first time an NFC East team repeats as division winner since us in 2004.Β  The lack of competition is uninspiring.Β 

Edited by jonu62882

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

It doesn’t compare to an MVP level QB and a clear #1 option WR.Β 

The only thing remotely the Cowboys did well offensively, specifically Dak, was his option runs. But how long do you suspect a QB staysΒ healthy doing that? Outside of a wide open 60 yard throw, he had 90 pass yards...that won’t win in the NFL unless your are dominating in other fronts, where the Cowboys don’t have the ability to do so.Β 

I’m not expecting Wentz to be full go for at least a couple moreΒ weeks. So I still expect an initialΒ struggle. Luckily, it’s the Colts and Titans.Β The coaching and medical staff have been adamant that he wont play unless he clears a medical evaluation. There’s no such thing as 110% healthy. He is or he isn’t.Β But the Eagles, minus their defensive gameplan hiccup yesterday, are still the clear favorites. No one in the NFC E, at their full healthy compliment,Β have looked enough to be a complete team to threaten the Eagles. If the Eagles don’t win the east, it’ll be because Wentz just isn’t ready. Do you honestly see any other team exploding and winning 11-12 games? If the Eagles crap out, the NFC E winner will only need 9 wins.Β 

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m not expecting Wentz to be full go for at least a couple moreΒ weeks. So I still expect an initialΒ struggle. Luckily, it’s the Colts and Titans.Β The coaching and medical staff have been adamant that he wont play unless he clears a medical evaluation.

They announced Carson starting Sunday!Β  But, I will temper my expectations on his first performance back.

Edited by jonu62882

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It doesn’t compare to an MVP level QB and a clear #1 option WR.Β 

The only thing remotely the Cowboys did well offensively, specifically Dak, was his option runs. But how long do you suspect a QB staysΒ healthy doing that? Outside of a wide open 60 yard throw, he had 90 pass yards...that won’t win in the NFL unless your are dominating in other fronts, where the Cowboys don’t have the ability to do so.Β 

I’m not expecting Wentz to be full go for at least a couple moreΒ weeks. So I still expect an initialΒ struggle. Luckily, it’s the Colts and Titans.Β The coaching and medical staff have been adamant that he wont play unless he clears a medical evaluation. There’s no such thing as 110% healthy. He is or he isn’t.Β But the Eagles, minus their defensive gameplan hiccup yesterday, are still the clear favorites. No one in the NFC E, at their full healthy compliment,Β have looked enough to be a complete team to threaten the Eagles. If the Eagles don’t win the east, it’ll be because Wentz just isn’t ready. Do you honestly see any other team exploding and winning 11-12 games? If the Eagles crap out, the NFC E winner will only need 9 wins.Β 

This argument has been rehashed time and time again. Its old and boring. I get it, you won the superbowl and are full of bravado. You guys are the best and everyone else sucks.Β 

Β 

That said, yes. I think we can reach 11 wins with a couple lucky bounces. I also happen to think your team is in the 11 win range, which means you could be a 9 win team with a couple unlucky bounces. I acknowledge that yall are the better team, but I dont think the gap is so sizable that we cant overcome it.Β 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This argument has been rehashed time and time again. Its old and boring. I get it, you won the superbowl and are full of bravado. You guys are the best and everyone else sucks.Β 

Β 

That said, yes. I think we can reach 11 wins with a couple lucky bounces. I also happen to think your team is in the 11 win range, which means you could be a 9 win team with a couple unlucky bounces. I acknowledge that yall are the better team, but I dont think the gap is so sizable that we cant overcome it.Β 

I think the cowboys are pretty terrible and heading for a sub .500 season.

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

lol What’s with the little brother syndrome? What argument? I’m simply stating facts. I didn’t say everyone else sucks but the Eagles have the most complete roster in the division. There’s not much room forΒ argument there. Outside of the Giants receiving corpsΒ and the two stud running backs,Β who has a unit clearly better than the Eagles? And even then, the Eagles are deeper than any other team at RB.Β 

You acknowledge we’re the better team yet we’re both going to win 11 games? Dallas isn’t winning 11 games, with the luckiest of bounces.Β Β The league is full of parody. There’s not a huge difference in talent from one to the next but Dallas is a middling team. The β€œstrength” of the Cowboys took a huge blow with the OL problems. If they don’t have the ability to run it down opponents’ throats, they’ve lost their identity. And if Dak, which IΒ highly doubt at this point, can’t be a QB that can shoulder the team by himself, then the Cowboys will just be another team in the field.Β The Giants are proving that they can’t compete without an OL and makes them very average if not, bad. And the Redskins have Mr. Average at QB and lack any kind of difference makers on offense. And while, the Eagles could possibly be just as average without Carson, at worst that’s what they are. With a healthyΒ Carson, it’s deep runΒ playoff team. It’s only really a matter of time to see if Wentz is indeed ready and can produce at that level again. But if Wentz, god forbid, re-injures himself, were basically at the level of everyone else in the division. That’s the difference.Β 

To summize;Β 

Eagles (with an effective Wentz) 11-5

Eagles (without an effective Wentz) 9-7

Dallas 8-8

Redskins 8-8

Giants 6-10

Β 

Β