🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

21 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The Giants essentially bought a Ferrari with the money they needed to use on a down payment on a house. You don't buy the expensive luxuries before you have the essentials 

If they find that house next year, they'll have a Ferrari, Lambo and a Porsche for that 3 car garage!

Better then the complete opposite with a Jalopy and broke down Hoopty sitting on the street.

Rookie QB's best friend is a Running game. Giants should have that in Spades for the next 5-10 years baring injury.

Edited by Nabbs4u

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but I disagree. Even Great QB have a hard time without a Running game. Nick Foles doesn't sniff the SB without our Top 3 Rushing Attack. Goff and the high powered Rams aren't nearly as scarier or efficient "without" Gurley!!!!

Just look at Wentz last night and our 3 losses. The run pass ratio was wacky because we couldn't run to save our life. Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, both Eli SB, both Elway SB, Ben's 1st,  list goes on.

Now that's not to say you have to draft a top 3 RB in order to be successful but this idea RB are a dime a dozen, easily interchangeable, don't effect QB play is beyond false! If the running game didn't matter Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees would have more then 1 SB.

Yes you have to have Great QB play most times to win SB but without a balanced rushing attack that becomes expedentially harder to accomplish.

Of course you have to have some semblance of a running game but it’s not nearly as important as you’re passing attack nowadays. And, to my point, it’s completely unnecessary to think you need a top 5 talent at RB. And to a greater degree, your search for a stud RB should be about 4th or 5th of your concerns building a team. Obviously, your running game should be consistent but it doesn’t have to be incredible by any stretch. Just as long as it’s not deplorable. Barkley had one of the best games a RB is going to have this year and his team got beat by 20 points last night  

The main point was it’s a waste of resources if your team isn’t set up for success first. I.E. QB, OL, DL... 

RBs are completely a dime a dozen. Most teams run a running back by committee now. And those RBs can be found all over the draft. 

Brees and Rodgers only have one SB each because it’s hard as hell to win a SB. And they’ve had historically, average at best, defenses. Not because they lack running attacks for most of their career. Brees has his best running backs of his career and they got bounced by Case Keenum last year. 

I’m putting my resources in my OL before RB. Even though Dallas drafted Zeke high, Murray ran for 1800 yards two years previous. They didn’t need him just like the Giants thought they needed Barkley. Both are great talents yet are on average to bad teams. How many great QBs can you say that about? The best RBs in the last 20 years haven’t won much. 

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If they find that house next year, they'll have a Ferrari, Lambo and a Porsche for that 3 car garage!

Better then the complete opposite with a Jalopy and broke down Hoopty sitting on the street.

Rookie QB's best friend is a Running game. Giants should have that in Spades for the next 5-10 years baring injury.

rookie qbs best friend is a good tight end thats always been the saying 

I know you're old nabbs but running games dont really matter anymore. 

Edited by ninjapirate

If I'm the Giants, I'm offering a 2nd rounder for Jacoby Brissett. I haven't seen a QB hold a team back like Eli's doing right now in a while. They get Brissett and an impact player early in the draft and they're gonna be a problem.

Here's to hoping Gettleman remains delusional though and sticks with Eli for one more year.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So apparently Peters tore his bi-cep vs the Giants but will attempt to play through it????

Yep. If the tear is near the shoulder it’s not as bad. And I’m assuming the tear isn’t some major tear clearly. If the tear is near the elbow it’s more problematic. At this point, I think the writing is on the wall. His body is mostly failing him. This is the last hurrah for the bodyguard. I think it would behoove the team and Peters to maybe take a couple weeks off or just use him as a backup for a couple weeks and give him more rest to get him through the season. But this is a nice 10 day stretch to rest. Maybe he feels much better by next game. 

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If I'm the Giants, I'm offering a 2nd rounder for Jacoby Brissett. I haven't seen a QB hold a team back like Eli's doing right now in a while. They get Brissett and an impact player early in the draft and they're gonna be a problem.

Here's to hoping Gettleman remains delusional though and sticks with Eli for one more year.

no.... just no. 

Contrary to popular belief there are guys who will be franchise guys in this draft. Brissett is a career backup.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

no.... just no. 

Contrary to popular belief there are guys who will be franchise guys in this draft. Brissett is a career backup.

Brissett is actually a pretty decent Quarterback. Watched a lot of him in Indy last year and I didn't get the impression that he was bad. Inexperienced maybe, but not career backup bad.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

no.... just no. 

Brissett is pretty solid, can't see why he couldn't "Nick Foles" it for some team.
That said, makes no sense for the giants cause they suck and this year is over

Giants are probably the favorites for the number 1 pick right now. Brissett would make them good enough to pick 3rd or 4th and just miss the top qb prospect again .

Giants draft will look like this:

1 Herbert 

2 OL

3 OL

4 OL

5 Defense

6 Defense

7 Defense

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Say that to Andrew Luck or Dak prescott in his rookie year or Ben Roethlisberger in his rookie year. 

Wentz lowered his career interception ratio to one every 54.7 pass attempts, passing Tom Brady and moving into fourth place in NFL history (behind Tyrod Taylor, Aaron Rodgers and Colin Kaepernick).

He’s now got 57 touchdowns, fourth-most in NFL history after 33 games (behind Dan Marino, Kurt Warner and Matthew Stafford).

And in just four games, he's lifted his career accuracy from 61.5 percent to 62.4 percent.

As good as he was last year, Wentz somehow, despite everything, is better than ever now. 

3 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Brissett is actually a pretty decent Quarterback. Watched a lot of him in Indy last year and I didn't get the impression that he was bad. Inexperienced maybe, but not career backup bad.

I came away with the same impression. Indy's O-line was infinitely worse than the Giants' is right now. The guy took a beating and was on a crap team but still played well all things considered.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Brissett is pretty solid, can't see why he couldn't "Nick Foles" it for some team.
That said, makes no sense for the giants cause they suck and this year is over

I wouldn't expect them to bring him in to save the season. It would be to more so to learn the offense and maybe get some reps at the end of the year. He's dirt cheap this year and next.

3 hours ago, eagles18 said:
18 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Say that to Andrew Luck or Dak prescott in his rookie year or Ben Roethlisberger in his rookie year. 

Or Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco! You can't win consistently in the NFL without a Running game. I'm sorry.

That Rams Offense everyone is gushing over is NOTHING with Todd Gurley, nothing. Seattle despite the fact they have no OL, Baldwins been hurt has managed to actually win games, score points and be competitive because they RUN the ball. People are just enamored with the QB and Throwing down field.

Edited by Nabbs4u