🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are trying to defend someone getting their teeth kicked in because of the shirt they are wearing. 

Take a minute to reexamine your stance here.

You really missed that point. 

The same thing I’d say to a person walking through a crime infested area at 1AM. 

Is it right? Of course not. It’s ugly, it’s despicable, it’s embarrassing.  Does it happen? Yes. 

Dont be the one that it happens to. I haven’t looked this up but I’m sure studies would show less crime happens in your living room to you than outside of it. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You really missed that point. 

The same thing I’d say to a person walking through a crime infested area at 1AM. 

Is it right? Of course not. It’s ugly, it’s despicable, it’s embarrassing.  Does it happen? Yes. 

Dont be the one that it happens to. I haven’t looked this up but I’m sure studies would show less crime happens in your living room to you than outside of it. 

I didnt miss the point. The point is police went into the Eagles stadium and realized if you are wearing a Cowboys shirt you are likely to get your face pounded. There is no excuse for that. You dont victim blame, you realize Eagles fans have embraced being horrible and are doing ridiculous things. 

This literally is not happening at any other stadium. So unless you want to condemn Eagles fans as criminal degenerates, you have to accept they are going to far with the Eagles fan stereotype. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I’d say if you are wearing a normal white Ware jersey or something, you’re good.

If you’re going full Cowboys fan Uniform with black sport shades, a throwback Zeke or Romo Jersey and over the knee Jorts...let god sort it out

Really what it comes down to is if you are wearing a Cowboys Jersey in the Linc AND initiate the sh*t talking.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I didnt miss the point. The point is police went into the Eagles stadium and realized if you are wearing a Cowboys shirt you are likely to get your face pounded. There is no excuse for that. You dont victim blame, you realize Eagles fans have embraced being horrible and are doing ridiculous things. 

This literally is not happening at any other stadium. So unless you want to condemn Eagles fans as criminal degenerates, you have to accept they are going to far with the Eagles fan stereotype. 

Pleaseeee. 

https://www.lawstreetmedia.com/news/undercover-cops-nfl/

People are killed in LA at Dodgers games. I don’t go crying about the Dodgers fans. It happens all over the country and more so all over the world. Soccer hooligans are a real thing. There are bad seeds in every walk of life. I choose to not put myself in situations that can harm me. People should realize the danger and avoid it. Nature is nature. I don’t expect it to change and cry about it when it remains in fact, nature. Right or wrong, some people take things entirely too serious. It’s terrible and stupid and unbecoming but it happens. Just like every wrong-doing, atrocity or misguided act in the world. 

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Pleaseeee. 

https://www.lawstreetmedia.com/news/undercover-cops-nfl/

People are killed in LA at Dodgers games. I don’t go crying about the Dodgers fans. It happens all over the country and more so all over the world. Soccer hooligans are a real thing. There are bad seeds in every walk of life. I choose to not put myself in situations that can harm me. People should realize the danger and avoid it. Nature is nature. I don’t expect it to change and cry about it when it remains in fact, nature. Right or wrong, some people take things entirely too serious. It’s terrible and stupid and unbecoming but it happens. Just like every wrong-doing, atrocity or misguided act in the world. 

This might be the most stupid argument ive ever had. 

If you come to a Cowboys game in an eagles jersey you know what will happen? We will tell you that your team sucks and you are dumb. We wont physically touch you, because thats not only criminal it goes against a lot of Texans moral code.* 

If someone wearing a shirt makes you so upset you physically assault them then you are mentally deranged. And dont compare yourself to cali fans to feel better. They pride themselves on stabbing people. They are also horrible people. 

*I clearly am not saying no Cowboys fan has ever done something bad, I am speaking in generalities. 

Edited by Matts4313

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This might be the most stupid argument ive ever had. 

If you come to a Cowboys game in an eagles jersey you know what will happen? We will tell you that your team sucks and you are dumb. We wont physically touch you, because thats not only criminal it goes against a lot of Texans moral code.* 

If someone wearing a shirt makes you so upset you physically assault them then you are mentally deranged. And dont compare yourself to cali fans to feel better. They pride themselves on stabbing people. They are also horrible people. 

*I clearly am not saying no Cowboys fan has ever done something bad, I am speaking in generalities. 

I’m case you missed it, the link was a fact. So your hyperbole doesn’t stand. It happens in more places than just here. LA, Seattle for Christ sake. Cowboys fans fight, Chargers fans do.  You can probably google “fill in the blank” fan fight, and it’ll come up. But that’s not the argument. But it does suggest a secondary fact that southern, midwestern people are more naive to the tendencies of the ugliness of humans. 

I know the difference between right and wrong. But I also know the difference between fiction and reality. It’s not reality to assume you can do whatever you want and some people won’t take offense to it. I live my life as so if I don’t infringe on others, I should be able do what I like. So, I don’t like being on this side of the argument because I think it’s silly that you can’t wear a jersey or cheer for your team in another city. As long as you act respectful, of course. But both points can be individual truths. You should be able to go to games and cheer for the opposing team. But you should expect some attention walking around African plains with a steak necklace. 

This is a just a discussion of law and tendency. Just because it’s law or the correct thing to do, doesn’t mean people follow it. So, what do you do to combat that? Try and personally curtail as much as you can. Don’t spit in the wind, tug on Superman’s cape, and don’t mess with Eagle fans. 

42 minutes ago, Danger said:

Really what it comes down to is if you are wearing a Cowboys Jersey in the Linc AND initiate the sh*t talking.

Meh, I’ve seen crappy things happen to people that aren’t provoking it. But it does exacerbate it x1000. Just take it in stride if you must be the one goofball that has to tempt fate. 

I know plenty of rival fans who‘ve come to the Linc and had a good time. A lot of my buddies are Giants fans and we’ve been to some games. You won’t catch much crap unless you’re acting like a total a-hole. I was up in the nosebleeds with my friend who’s a Jets fan the other week and it was all good natured ribbing. Philly is a great city with very passionate people. It gets a bad rep because of a select few arseholes

Ah yes, Eagles fans bad, Cowboys fans good. What a completely moronic stance to take. 

I am positive Eagles fans have been attacked at Cowboys games in the past, so I actually just don't see there being any argument here. I normally go to 1-2 Cardinals games a year and I have seen plenty of fights at those games. Hell, the last time the Eagles played the Cards at home some dude sitting in front of me literally told me he was gunna beat me up cause I was wearing a Vick jersey. Nothing happened and the fans around me told me to ignore the *******, but acting like this is some Philly only issue is completely disingenuous.

But yes, Eagles fans bad other fans good. Evil Eagles fans at it again!!!! Grow up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’d say if you are wearing a normal white Ware jersey or something, you’re good.

If you’re going full Cowboys fan Uniform with black sport shades, a throwback Zeke or Romo Jersey and over the knee Jorts...let god sort it out

You'll still be fine IMO. It's only if you're decked out like that AND get rowdy. There are rogue scumbag fans who may go too far, unprovoked, but isn't that anywhere?

14 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I know plenty of rival fans who‘ve come to the Linc and had a good time. A lot of my buddies are Giants fans and we’ve been to some games. You won’t catch much crap unless you’re acting like a total a-hole. I was up in the nosebleeds with my friend who’s a Jets fan the other week and it was all good natured ribbing. Philly is a great city with very passionate people. It gets a bad rep because of a select few arseholes

It’s like anything else. The terrible stories are going to get more play. If it bleeds, it leads. You can do your job 999/1000 and the one time you screw up someone will write a review about you online. It’s just what people do. I’ll admit, Philly does have more occurrences but we’re also in the upper tier of the NFL in terms of passion and practice. Is there ever an excuse to physically harm someone over rooting interest to a football game? Of course not. But knuckleheads do exist and it does happen. Here and everywhere. I do think it’s more regional than specific fandom though. That’s why it’s so highly volatile around here. If you’re from here, you are passionate about sports. Almost to a detriment. So a Cowboy fan from South Jersey is just that much more despised. 

• Like 1

This whole Eagles Fans are horrible BS is so GD over played its ridiculous. I grew up in California and the last GD thing you ever wanted to do is go to a Raiders game WALKING to that stadium in a opposing teams jersey!

The singular worst experience I ever had NFL wise was taking my 9 year old son at the time to a Carolina vs Eagles home game SNF in Charlotte. I'm white, my son is Black and all I heard was nothing but GD racial Slurs you wouldn't scream at an Adult without getting your A$$ Whooped, let alone a Father and young Son Combo! 

So sick of the narrative on how horrible Eagle Fans are when every single Fan base has a B!tch A$$ Fan base that are Sh!tty to others. Every single one!!

GTFOH!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

Just google cowboys fan fight. Cmon man. Take this ish elsewhere with your holier than thou crap. 

We just have the media narrative to deal with. “Welcome to Philly. Eat a cheesesteak, get batteries thrown at you, and get punched by an Eagle fan.” Same old tired story. It happens everywhere. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Just google cowboys fan fight. Cmon man. Take this ish elsewhere with your holier than thou crap. 

We just have the media narrative to deal with. “Welcome to Philly. Eat a cheesesteak, get batteries thrown at you, and get punched by an Eagle fan.” Same old tired story. It happens everywhere. 

Snowballs at Santa is by far the most infuriating. It happened 40+ years ago, and the guy in the suit was terrible lol he was wasted beyond belief apparently