The Browns have signed Kareem Hunt

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Why are some people disappointed by this signing or saying it's low for the Browns to do this?  Kareem Hunt is an amazing player.  He made bad decisions that were unfortunately caught on tape (lets be real, if it wasn't caught on tape, he'd still be on the Chiefs), but that doesn't mean he should be banned from the NFL.  He'll probably face a suspension and will be on a zero tolerance policy, but I love this move from the Browns.  Obviously Chubb was great last season, but adding Hunt to the mix is fantastic.  Hunt is such a talented player and he fits great on a team that's young and trying to compete for a playoff spot.

I think some are mad at their team that they did not sign him themselves. 

Gonna take the unpopular opinion here, but:

Smart move by the Browns....People need to get over the whole PR snowflake garbage...

No one will care in a year if/when Hunt leads the Browns to a playoff run.

If he's not in jail, and not suspended (granted Hunt WILL be for at least a healthy chunk of this season) he can and should play. I don't care if he beats a nun to death with a special needs toddler, (after he serves his jail time in this particularly graphic hypothetical) he can play football and no one will care one damn bit once he starts winning.... so long as his off the field stupidity doesn't keep preventing him from stepping on the field....

If anything, the Chiefs are morons for cutting him lose and costing themselves a super bowl ring because of it... Do you really think many KC fans would have turned on them in the superbowl because of their running back? Not likely, when their star WR is even worse of a human being... but again no one cares because he's a football stud.

These people aren't role models... they're football players. People need to stop treating them as anything beyond that, once they serve their jail time or suspension, imo it's over and the issue is resolved... Go whine about said suspensions/ jail sentences not being severe enough rather than a team signing a proven football player.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Kamara and Hunt are nothing alike as players, or as people.

I'm positive I never compared them as people. I didn't even compare them as players other than saying I think Hunt has lined up at WR LIKE Kamara. 

As players, I do think they have very similar skill sets. I think Hunt is the better runner, and Kamara is the better receiver though. But hey, feel free to have a different opinion.

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

I actually agree with this, what he did was dumb, but not anything to losing his career over.  Football wise, good move by the Browns and really not a bad look, imo.

Thank you. I'm watching his interview with Lisa Salters right now and wondering if she saw the same video everyone else saw. Where's the kick? You mean that little foot to foot shove? Dawg, society gotta stop putting women on a pedestal like this. The way I see it, Kareem showed a lot of restraint in that video.

21 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Gonna take the unpopular opinion here, but:

Smart move by the Browns....People need to get over the whole PR snowflake garbage...

No one will care in a year if/when Hunt leads the Browns to a playoff run.

If he's not in jail, and not suspended (granted Hunt WILL be for at least a healthy chunk of this season) he can and should play. I don't care if he beats a nun to death with a special needs toddler, (after he serves his jail time in this particularly graphic hypothetical) he can play football and no one will care one damn bit once he starts winning.... so long as his off the field stupidity doesn't keep preventing him from stepping on the field....

If anything, the Chiefs are morons for cutting him lose and costing themselves a super bowl ring because of it... Do you really think many KC fans would have turned on them in the superbowl because of their running back? Not likely, when their star WR is even worse of a human being... but again no one cares because he's a football stud.

These people aren't role models... they're football players. People need to stop treating them as anything beyond that, once they serve their jail time or suspension, imo it's over and the issue is resolved... Go whine about said suspensions/ jail sentences not being severe enough rather than a team signing a proven football player.

Chiefs aren't morons for cutting the guy after he lied to their faces repeatedly about the incident. I love how we handled it, we set the precedent that if you want to play here you better at least be an honest individual like Mahomes, Reid and the rest of the guys.

20 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I'm positive I never compared them as people. I didn't even compare them as players other than saying I think Hunt has lined up at WR LIKE Kamara. 

As players, I do think they have very similar skill sets. I think Hunt is the better runner, and Kamara is the better receiver though. But hey, feel free to have a different opinion.

I don’t see the comparison at all, tbh.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I have watched the Browns sign and draft a bunch of choir boys for the last 20 years and then they play against guys who are given second chance after second chance by other organizations and then smack the Browns around. I’m fine with this. Someone was going to sign him so whatever. I’m sure the only regret the same Ben and Antonio Steeler apologists who bash this signing have is that they didn’t pick him up themselves.

Jesus H.Christ the accuracy 

1 minute ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Chiefs aren't morons for cutting the guy after he lied to their faces repeatedly about the incident. I love how we handled it, we set the precedent that if you want to play here you better at least be an honest individual like Mahomes, Reid and the rest of the guys.

And it only cost you a Superbowl appearance, and likely win... while you all celebrate how much you love Tyreek Hill... So you know, there's that.

Archived