Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, N4L said:

LOL at the bolded. They probably don't get a third for him

It is impossible in this situation because the dead money is due to his signing bonus. It is money already paid that gets prorated against the cap, and cannot be restructured in the manner in which you suggest. 

I said this in another thread, the way the steelers set up their contracts shows they are a short sighted organization. Large signing bonuses and constant restructuring of base salaries into signing bonuses to create cap space just kicks the can down the road and never ends well. The salary cap rolls over if you don't use it, so many better ways to get guys money immediately that give you flexibility down the road. 

I think the steelers will say 'we aren't trading him unless we get X' then they wont get what they want, TC will roll around, Brown will show up and be a distraction, steelers will decide its addition by subtraction because of the circus, and end up taking less than they want (post june 1 so the cap hit is lower, but also with 2020 draft picks). 

They should have just traded him a few weeks ago

bigger signing bonuses and constant restructuring of base salary into signing bonus isn't a bad thing if done correctly.  The Saints have primarily used that process to open up cap space every year but they are careful in making sure they don't have too many big hits like that and are only usually reserved for players that they want around long term like Brees and a few others.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Steelers are not and will not be better in 2019, without AB and Bell. Period. 2020/21 and on, maybe but by then Ben will be gone to. 

Find the top 3 worst  rosters and or QB situations in the NFL and ship his happy A$$ to purgatory. Problem is the Steelers FO is to GD stubborn to do just that because  it will give the "impression", they catered  to his demands. Something they have history of never doing when players are concerned.

If they dont trade him and force him to be a Steeler, They DESERVE everything that follows because they're Idiots!!!!

Purgatory. I'd list my top 3 but don't  want to offend  those fan bases.

So you’re sending him to NYG WASH or DAL?

2 hours ago, N4L said:

And the circus continues... at some point you would think that the team learned their lesson with Leveon, this sort of situation benefits no one. Its an unnecessary distraction for a locker room that is already having issues (to put it lightly). 

The signing bonus is a sunk cost. One of the basic economics principles is that you don't evaluate future decisions based on sunk costs. 

If they don't trade/cut him, they better pray he doesn't show up to camp. He has the power to make life miserable for everyone in the building. 

Well, for one am solidly in Antonio Brown's corner! I think this splendid young (uh, okay, 31) man should be able to demand a trade, dictate where he goes, make $20,000,000 a year! Our thoughts and prayers go out to this lovable and misunderstood lad in this, his Hour of Need! May he fore'er pan and moan and disrupt his team until he finds his Golden Dream!!!

PITTSBURGH, PA - DECEMBER 30:  Antonio Brown #84 of the Pittsburgh Steelers looks on during warmups prior to the game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Heinz Field on December 30, 2018 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty Images)

I'm more intrigued to where Brown ends up, more so than Bell. I have no doubt a team will flinch and I'm pretty sure that there will be a fair amount of interest. I'd personally go: Colts, Raiders, 49ers, Panthers and perhaps a wild guess in the Cowboys. I think the last one is very unlikely in comparison to the others, but I don't think Steelers will get a first round pick anyway plus they have enough cap space to make it work & they're in the NFC. The addition of just ONE decent WR made a big difference for them last season, perhaps another weapon kicks them even more. 

Tomlin sucks as HC.. AB and Bell are divas. I'll be happy when they're all gone. Can't wait for the Steelers to start rebuilding. I'm OK with a few rough years in the process but for goodness sake, get a new head coach and show these divas the door without looking back.

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I get the feeling he is gonna go out TO/Moss style with alot of stats but no rings to show for it. I honestly don't think a serious SB contender will trade for him considering have a marquee WR is not a necessity anymore to getting there.

It will take  a hot seated gm/coach to do it imo

2 hours ago, NateJR1 said:

Tomlin sucks as HC.. AB and Bell are divas. I'll be happy when they're all gone. Can't wait for the Steelers to start rebuilding. I'm OK with a few rough years in the process but for goodness sake, get a new head coach and show these divas the door without looking back.

If you don't want the 2nd most winning active coach behind Bill Belichick, we'll take him. Heck, we'll take your "diva" star players, too.

Also, rebuilding is rarely a "few rough years". You'll be lucky if it doesn't spiral into a few rough decades.

53 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If you don't want the 2nd most winning active coach behind Bill Belichick, we'll take him. Heck, we'll take your "diva" star players, too.

Also, rebuilding is rarely a "few rough years". You'll be lucky if it doesn't spiral into a few rough decades.

Pretty sure a lot of that record was because  of the Trio of Ben, AB and Bell. If Miami  had all 3 the past 5-10 season, we wouldn't  be talking about Tomlin either and the Dolphins wouldn't  be searching yet again for their next HC / FQB.

Context for Tomlin.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Steelers treats it’s stars players like absolute horse manure. What Bell did was never his fault, same here with AB. I honestly hope they both tear apart the Steelers in their revenge games. Such an absolute dysfunctional organization. Good luck with Ben retiring in two years and the most overrated Head Coach in the league who doesn’t know what the word adjustments means. 

Besides the ridiculous claims that Bell and Brown are poor little victims, what other stars have the Steelers mistreated?    Im really interested in hearing your response.

Stood by Bell after his moronic decisions and offered him a fair deal.   He overrated his value and now he will be lucky to get the deal the Steelers offered him.   Had Bell never gotten in trouble....twice....he probably wouldve got a deal 2 years ago.    Just because the Steelers didnt want to overpay for a guy with red flags doesnt mean they treated him poorly?

What the hell did they do to Brown?  He has become more and more of a diva the last 3 years, and it came to a head this year because Ben wasnt forcing him the ball enough.   How the hell is that not Brown's fault?   Dont get me wrong, there may be some stuff that set him off, but to act like he blameless in all this is beyond laughable.

Sounds like a hater post, TBH.     Also, not sure a Raiders fan should be making fun of how dysfunctional other organizations supposedly are....especially when that organization is far more successful than your own, despite supposedly having the most overrated coach in the league (which Im not sure how that is considering how many people constantly hate on him). 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty sure a lot of that record was because  of the Trio of Ben, AB and Bell. If Miami  had all 3 the past 5-10 season, we wouldn't  be talking about Tomlin either and the Dolphins wouldn't  be searching yet again for their next HC / FQB.

Context for Tomlin.

Guess no coaches who ever had good players should ever get any credit for their teams success.

NFL Gen is just downright embarrassing sometimes.  

Archived