BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I meant to table any changes to the draft rounds until the summer because too many picks have been traded this year for it to be fair.

We only wanted to test the PFA draft after the NFL Draft (Rounds 8-9 if you want to really be specific) and make them tradable during the 2019 draft. 

If that worked then we could expand on that this summer.

6a - No

6b - Yes only for PFA draft in 2019 and tradable during the draft they apply to. It's just something to try and if we don't like it we can go back to the old PFA in 2020 without any repercussions. 

Eventually I think we will end up liking the change and it will at most go to 6-3 before/after. 

2 hours ago, PR said:

6a No

6b yes with draft style pfa.

I agree with this.  No to 6a and yes to 6b as SirA stated.

I also wouldnt be opposed to a 6-3 draft set up.

I feel like I should say more but idk what to say really. I do think PFA has a better hit rate than the 7th round and I think the 5th and 6th rounds are plenty to get "your guys" and can be hoarded pretty easily. 

Draft style PFA just sounds better. I don't know why we didn't have it that way before tbh. 

3 hours ago, Whicker said:

I feel like I should say more but idk what to say really. I do think PFA has a better hit rate than the 7th round and I think the 5th and 6th rounds are plenty to get "your guys" and can be hoarded pretty easily. 

Draft style PFA just sounds better. I don't know why we didn't have it that way before tbh. 

It basically is draft style.  Y'all pick in order just sending the list to me.  I think we started it for convenience purposes when we had Sanchez and his time zones were all messed up to ours and we didn't want to make him be up at random hours for Pfa draft 

9 hours ago, Whicker said:

6 rounds. 3 PFA draft style is my vote. Whatever yes/no that is. No to 6a and yes to 6b?

First time PFA only trade able during draft. 

12 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I agree with this.  No to 6a and yes to 6b as SirA stated.

I also wouldnt be opposed to a 6-3 draft set up.

14 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I meant to table any changes to the draft rounds until the summer because too many picks have been traded this year for it to be fair.

We only wanted to test the PFA draft after the NFL Draft (Rounds 8-9 if you want to really be specific) and make them tradable during the 2019 draft. 

If that worked then we could expand on that this summer.

6a - No

6b - Yes only for PFA draft in 2019 and tradable during the draft they apply to. It's just something to try and if we don't like it we can go back to the old PFA in 2020 without any repercussions. 

Eventually I think we will end up liking the change and it will at most go to 6-3 before/after. 

Regarding the picks traded this year, I agree, hence why I said applicable in 2020.

I missed the part "tradable during the draft only", I'll add it to the options sorry.

I'm very open to change, and I've voted yes to a lot of proposals, but this one I don't support. I think PFA is, as it's named, a free agency and I don't believe picks should be traded. Might as well make a 9 round draft with 2 later rounds imho.

I wanted to see if we could pass the change now, but I agree we can expand that in the Summers meeting, where we should have a lot less items and only 3up and this from the top my head. I'm very open to rediscuss it then, more in depth, especially after wwhicock and BDP get their first taste of the BDL draft and PFA.

I think that fixing the contract length for first round picks is the most important for this upcoming draft.

The other stuff involving PFAs and draft rounds can be done during the summer meeting once new owners get a draft and PFA under their belt.

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

Regarding the picks traded this year, I agree, hence why I said applicable in 2020.

I missed the part "tradable during the draft only", I'll add it to the options sorry.

I'm very open to change, and I've voted yes to a lot of proposals, but this one I don't support. I think PFA is, as it's named, a free agency and I don't believe picks should be traded. Might as well make a 9 round draft with 2 later rounds imho.

I wanted to see if we could pass the change now, but I agree we can expand that in the Summers meeting, where we should have a lot less items and only 3up and this from the top my head. I'm very open to rediscuss it then, more in depth, especially after wwhicock and BDP get their first taste of the BDL draft and PFA.

We can call if whatever. The Players are called PFA's because they need a different designation for record keeping purposes based off of the way we have done things in the past. It's been the Scramble and several other names over the years. I don't think time zones were the reason we adopted a waiver system to to this its mostly because people get draft fatigue in the later rounds but I think there is enough interest to do a Draft Part Deux  now to give it a try for a season.

Calling it rounds 8-9 of the BDL draft would be just as acceptable IMO. The Reason I think the picks should be tradable only during the draft they are attached to is to prevent even more pick hoarding that we have now. 

@Jlash @Counselor @wwhickok @Whicker @BringinDaPain @pheltzbahr @WFLukic @PR @RuskieTitan @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @MD4L @Hockey5djh @SirA1 @SwoleXmad

1. Does anyone want to open item 8? It was Mike's idea but I don't think we have the skillset to create those workbooks and tbh bcb has done a fine job with both. But I'll open it if anybody wants to

2. Please check the alteration of item 6b below. I'm going to ask you to re-vote or just vote. Sorry for the double vote, I didn't handle it great and I don't want to have a proposal refused because I screwed it up (SirA, Rags, is it fine now?)

3. Item 6a has been rejected, and we will discuss it more in depth in the summer owners meeting

Topic: 6b. Change PFA

Idea submitter: Rags/SirA

Current situation: Currently we have a 7 round draft two weeks before the NFL Draft (picks tradable for the current and the next year) with 2 rounds of PFA after the NFL draft that go through a waiver system with picks not tradable

Detailed idea 

• Make PFA picks tradable, but only during the BDL draft (so trade window is for one week)
  • Make PFA in draft style instead of waivers style

Argument for : Increase interest throughout PFA

Applicable on: 2019 (for testing purposes, would be validated in Owners meeting)

YES (8) - SirA, Rags, Whicker, Counselor, JLash, PR, BDP, Lukic, Hockey

NO  (7) - Ted, Ruskie, Xmad, wwhicock, pheltz, MD4L, bcb

Archived